Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

I wonder what fights get made now. I figure they will give Yamazaki the first title shot.

I wonder what fights get made now. I figure they will give Yamazaki the first title shot.
No way that happen. Yamazaki already got so many chances.

I want to see Gongnapa/Kaew moves down/up a weight class.

Yamazaki is currently on leave. His knee injury apparently resurfaced previously to his rematch with Kaew and predictably got worse after that. He is getting stem cell surgery apparently.

Assuming they win their matches in Nagoya Krush its Noiri vs. Yamato Tetsuya.

My wishlist at the moment (excluding long shots like Tenshin vs Takeru)
- Wei Rui vs Kaew WSR
- Wei Rui vs Urabe Koya
- Noiri Masaaki vs. Urabe Koya
- Noiri Masaaki vs. Gonnapar WSR
- Takeru vs. Taiga III
- Takeru vs. Elias Mahmoudi (Elias prob needs a win at Krush or K-1 given he lost to Saikyo)
- Takeru vs. Saikyo Haruma (might not happen since they are the same gym)
- Taiga vs. Ozawa Kaito
- Taiga vs Anpo Riku
- Chingiz Allazov vs. Marat Grigorian II (ok, 1 long shot)
- Takei Yoshiki vs. Victor Saravia
- Nasukawa Tenshin vs. Ogasawara Eisaku

In general though, not that much of a pipeline at the moment. I feel like the Sept and Dec cards for K-1 will be a bit flat as they focus on building up to their March card. They did mention Takeru has to defend his belt soon though/

Last edited:
What do we know about the Japanese mma/kickboxing promotions' relationship at this point?
It seems K-1 is being excluded and is doing their own thing, while Rizin, KNOCKOUT, Shootboxing
are enjoying a healthy marriage with top fighters like Rena and Tenshin fighting freely in different platforms.

Tenshin is fighting in an upcoming KO event on 20th August, less than one month after his Rizin's fight.
His opponent will be announced soon...

Let's hope it is not going to be another can. After Wanchalong, his opponents have been rather
underwhelming.

it appears master ishii is back and has stuck a deal with kunlun i believe to produce japenese events for them.
19274760_1297302747055747_5115794304195011892_n.jpg

he's talking youtube views. the last event had over a million people watching live on abema.
Right as I haven't been into the whole Kickboxing thing for a while but interested to catch up and what's what and what promotions and countries is it doing well.

Seems like K1 will be live on youtube in 40 hours. Does anyone know who will be fighting?

Just a traditional Japanese style press comference. It is as boring as it can get.

Rukiya scored the biggest win of his career by sending Deng Zeqi to oblivion.

I guess I really underestimate him. Time for him to be in K-1 full time.

Rukiya scored the biggest win of his career by sending Deng Zeqi to oblivion.

I guess I really underestimate him. Time for him to be in K-1 full time.

He really should have gotten the Krush title shot after the ninja kick KO earlier this year. He's better than Sasaki at least, but I bet that giving Taniyama the title shot was one of the concessions K-1 made to sign up the Taniyama gym.

Slow news in Japan past few weeks. The presser is ongoing now. 4 superfights for the September event. The tournament lineup is quite MEH, so they really better stack the superfights. Apparently Kosuke Komiyama was supposed to be on this, but he injured himself saving a man trapped in a burning car.

EDIT:
70kg: Hinata vs. Sergio Sanchez
55kg: Takei Yoshiki vs Izawa Namito
60kg: Taiga vs a Greek fighter I can't pronounce
57.5kg (Title fight); Takeru vs Wang Junguang

Fairly meh lineup except of course Takeru. Props on getting Wang Jun Guang within 24 hours of his last victory after they had a staredown at Krush though.

Last edited:
post retired from Bin Wang Facebook(Chinese weirdo Qiu Jiangliang fan)

"Glory of heroes vs Krush,China vs Japan 4:2.China win.We beat Japan's a k-1 60kg world champion and a krush 67kg world champion!this is at Japan game.Two lost games. A judgment of dispute. A Ko lose.I cry。 The whole Chinese fan cried. Happy and sad. This is the first time that China has won a team in Japan for the first time in history at Japan!at Japan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Later, we have reason to say at the small level. We Chinese players are also top of the line.A lot of foreign friends ask me why I like glory of heroes?Why is glory of heroes so popular in China? If you are chinese. Do you have any reasons why you don't like glory of heroes?The answer is no.."

i kinda love this guy :rolleyes:

That is how I imagine Broadcast posts on his Facebook whenever a Romanian fighter wins :)

Back