Recent fights/results/news from Europe

thumb_19213_news_promo.jpeg
I have Roosmalen winning by close or/and controversial decision. Not sure if Pet is ready for this type of opponent so early in his kickboxing career and then you add the weight differences and everything else.

I wasn't that impressed by Pet in the contender tournament last weekend and I criticize the fighters im fan of the most. Thought he could of done a lot better but not sure if 145 is a good weight for Pet just yet. That weight is a lot better for fighters like Rittewada, Jomthong (when hes not lazy) and Kaew. Pet can still win and hope he does in spectacular fashion tho.

About time.

It's an exciting year for Glory, not only with the number of events they're planning and actually announcing 2 events ahead, but also with fighters like Petrosyan and Saki making a return. I wish we could see guys like Spong and Ristie back too, but I guess that's very unlikely.

Signing up a few Japanese fighters for the 65kg division, and guys like Superbon for the 70kg division would spice things up even more.

Good news about Petrosyan. And not sure if Glory will sign Superbon and have 2 dominant Thai's at the same weight class making everyone else in the division look bad. Instead they have Yodkhunpon who god knows why he was signed! Probably because of his style but he by no means deserves to be in Glory.

cool poster.

unfortunately I think Petpanomrung is not nearly ready to fight van Roosmalen in kickboxing. not under Glory/western/whatever you wanna call it scoring.

this might feed the discussion of the other abomination of a thread but IMO RvR will do his usual bullrush, punch spamming, eat a plethora of kicks and win an UD. Petpanomrung is by far the better fighter IMO but the man will be fighting one of kickboxing's most accomplished fighters in his preferred ruleset while being denied some of his best weapons, under non-friendly scoring, in the other guy's hometown, in his what? 5th kickboxing fight ever? everything's stacked against him.

cool poster.

unfortunately I think Petpanomrung is not nearly ready to fight van Roosmalen in kickboxing. not under Glory/western/whatever you wanna call it scoring.

this might feed the discussion of the other abomination of a thread but IMO RvR will do his usual bullrush, punch spamming, eat a plethora of kicks and win an UD. Petpanomrung is by far the better fighter IMO but the man will be fighting one of kickboxing's most accomplished fighters in his preferred ruleset while being denied some of his best weapons, under non-friendly scoring, in the other guy's hometown, in his what? 5th kickboxing fight ever? everything's stacked against him.

And yet he's gonna make much more money than he would having a Muay Thai fight ;)
It's not all bad.

I think RVR stops Pet. Pet didn't look that good winning that contenders tournament

there's no way he's ready for rvr. never even had proper boxing training.

what a stupid match.

I have Roosmalen winning by close or/and controversial decision. Not sure if Pet is ready for this type of opponent so early in his kickboxing career and then you add the weight differences and everything else.

I wasn't that impressed by Pet in the contender tournament last weekend and I criticize the fighters im fan of the most. Thought he could of done a lot better but not sure if 145 is a good weight for Pet just yet. That weight is a lot better for fighters like Rittewada, Jomthong (when hes not lazy) and Kaew. Pet can still win and hope he does in spectacular fashion tho.
Well we saw how Robin couldn't handle Sittichais kicks in the last fight. Petpanomrung is a much better kicker than Sittichai so Robin will have a hard time dealing with them. It will be a close fight and either could win

I think RVR stops Pet. Pet didn't look that good winning that contenders tournament
He ate some shots that snapped his head back yeah but he was never really hurt. He was landing clean kicks on Adamchuk troughout the fight. If Pet isn't ready then who is ready? Adamchuk? Varga? Matt Embree?

Petpanomrung pushed the pace much more the last 2 fights and was more willing to trade. Doesn't sound like the smartest plan versus Roosmalen. especially at 65kg.

He either fights smarter on the outside, or he will get knocked out.

Well we saw how Robin couldn't handle Sittichais kicks in the last fight. Petpanomrung is a much better kicker than Sittichai so Robin will have a hard time dealing with them. It will be a close fight and either could win
Has nothing to do with kicks. Its the weight and experience. At the moment sittichai is a better kickboxer than Petpanomrung because of the whole package (boxing, kicking, boxing/kicking combos etc). Sittichai has been at 155 for a long time, has more experience against foreigners and can handle the power of Robin. Petpanomrung probably could still fight at 130 if he wanted to. The odds are all against Pet.

He ate some shots that snapped his head back yeah but he was never really hurt. He was landing clean kicks on Adamchuk troughout the fight. If Pet isn't ready then who is ready? Adamchuk? Varga? Matt Embree?
Pet is obviously ready he won the tournament but in my opinion I see RVR stopping him. Just my opinion though

Has nothing to do with kicks. Its the weight and experience. At the moment sittichai is a better kickboxer than Petpanomrung because of the whole package (boxing, kicking, boxing/kicking combos etc). Sittichai has been at 155 for a long time, has more experience against foreigners and can handle the power of Robin. Petpanomrung probably could still fight at 130 if he wanted to. The odds are all against Pet.
Of course Robin is the favourite to win on paper but we'll see.

Pet is obviously ready he won the tournament but in my opinion I see RVR stopping him. Just my opinion though
Yeah it's a fight anything can happen including pet getting stopped. Pet showed has a good chin against muangthai and Robin hasn't knocked out anyone cold since kyshenko as far as i can remember. Since then it was mostly ref/corner stoppages or body shots.

Pet is not ready to go beyond playing the game and that means he's not ready for Rob. Rob is a tenacious puncher and Pet is the same with kicks, but it's too early. Rob scores a down and beats Pet 48-46.

Yeah it's a fight anything can happen including pet getting stopped. Pet showed has a good chin against muangthai and Robin hasn't knocked out anyone cold since kyshenko as far as i can remember. Since then it was mostly ref/corner stoppages or body shots.

Huh? Muangthai got rid of him in the second round.

Pet is not ready to go beyond playing the game and that means he's not ready for Rob. Rob is a tenacious puncher and Pet is the same with kicks, but it's too early. Rob scores a down and beats Pet 48-46.

surprisingly unbiased.

Huh? Muangthai got rid of him in the second round.

was about to post that, maybe he meant the 4 elbows before that, that still clearly rocked him.

petrosyan did an interview for a major sport mag and a part from the usual questions he said last year was a very tough one as he felt he couldn't keep up with the pressure of being always on top and had to re-think about his career.
he's fine now but won't go there again so to speak so he'll try to enjoy fighting like he used to.

Back