Recent fights/results/news from Europe

Too many Thai's before him did the exact same thing. He has some big shoes to fill and his style is not as attractive to fans as much as Buakaw and Yod so I cant see him making as much money or gaining as much attention on the international scene. MMA is a smarter move for him IMO.

I realise that the legacy which Buakaw and Sittichai have left behind is truly monumental but if anyone is fit to fill their shoes, Yodwicha is! He may not have beaten fighters the calibre of Jordan Watson and Mickael Piscitello like Sittichai and Buakaw has, but give him time! Yodwicha has already had 10 fights against high level international competition and is 10 for 10! So he's is already ahead of Sittichai and Buakaw where were at his age! Yodwicha's only 20 so he could realistically be beating elite fighters for the next decade or more! With that much time to build a legacy there is no excuse for Yodwicha to not reach the stratospheric heights that Buakaw, Yod and Sittichai have!

I think Yodwicha should fight Charlie Peters next. Peters has been on an absolute tear of late and should have beat Saenchai, like he said though "When you’re fighting someone with the name of Saenchai, you’ve gotta almost knock ‘em out to get a draw.” When Yodwicha beats someone of the calibre of Peters or Pinca, the world will rightfully stand up to take notice.

Plus, Yod been flexin them hands! He's modernised his traditional style just like Buakaw and Sittichai did! There is clearly an evolution taking place and the thai style is becoming more refined by learning to incorporate western boxing techniques, just like the Dutch did 40 years ago! Connor Ruebusch talked in the past about how the thai style has struggled to transition to kickboxing because of inferior boxing technique than the west. But not anymore! He himself admits that we have seen better boxing in thai stylists recently, which ones he did not say and what evidence that this it is better than before he did not give, but he said it, so it must be true!

Last edited:
eh...legacy is a big word and following the "results on paper" logic, vettel has surpassed senna....but we all know senna's legacy is unreachable.

Plus, Yod been flexin them hands! He's modernised his traditional style just like Buakaw and Sittichai did! There is clearly an evolution taking place and the thai style is becoming more refined by learning to incorporate western boxing techniques, just like the Dutch did 40 years ago! Connor Ruebusch talked in the past about how the thai style has struggled to transition to kickboxing because of inferior boxing technique than the west. But not anymore! He himself admits that we have seen better boxing in thai stylists recently, which ones he did not say and what evidence that this it is better than before he did not give, but he said it, so it must be true!
I love how people live in an alternate reality and convince themselves that the Dutch and the French brought the boxing influence into Muay Thai, despite Thailand being a western boxing powerhouse for decades, producing world class boxers in the camps that are known for Muay Thai, while Holland and France not even being a factor on the global boxing landscape.

Excited to see 2 of my favorite fighters this weekend. Petpanomrung vs Adamchuk is a really interesting match up. Adamchuk has fought at 155 whilst Pet fights at 135

I want that hoodie that Sittichai is wearing.

now I always ask the same question but that clock in Glory's website accounts for the start of the main card or SFS?

I think it"s from Venum promotion from Italy. He also used to fight in Italy, and I think some promotions in Italy are connected.

Ill stick it here as its Enfusion even though it was in Abu Dhabi
Was watching the fights on box nation but looks like the event may have been stopped as the stream died and on return the fight was pulled early as the rain was very heavy and looked like an incoming storm
Issues of a open air arena i guess. Box Nation have pulled the event from the screen for a replay of a old Chris Eubank fight

Oh dear. Hope it's not too bad for Enfusion or JK.

Let 'em fight in the rain that would make for some good entertainment

Excited to see 2 of my favorite fighters this weekend. Petpanomrung vs Adamchuk is a really interesting match up. Adamchuk has fought at 155 whilst Pet fights at 135

Aren't Adamchuk and Petpanomrung on opposite sides of the bracket?

(google translated)
AN INTERVIEW WITH SITTICHAI

Soon the ring Glory Kickboxing Sittichay Sitsongpinong (113-30-5, 30 KOs) will be standing in front of his longtime rival Dylan Salvador. Both men have met twice with each other in equal matches, having an equal score wins 1-1. The third meeting of the fighters will take place on March 25 and Sittichay Sitsongpinong explained the reason for his first defeat Dylan El Salvador:

"Dylan is very fast and harsh, but I'm more physical and stronger than him." - says Sittichay. "It is true that he won a rematch in Italy, but I was sick in that fight. I'm not making excuses, but we were shooting commercials mountains, and I do not know how I got sick, I think I was bitten by an insect, and within a few days after that I had a fever and I felt terrible. "

" I really I did not feel good in this fight. Eventually I missed a lot of kicks from him, because I was slow, but he was very fast. "

Also, the coach Marata Grigoryana, Nicky Hemmers said that Sittichay avoided by cutting with Marat in their third match at Glory 36 . Sittichay not agree with this statement, expressing his opinion on this matter:

"Marat was strong in the first two rounds, but after he lost his strength. I felt much better than he had in the 3.4 and 5 round. Marat is a big fighter and he's a hard puncher - of course I'm not going to just stand in front of him and take his punches in exchanges. I bet I'm in the ring with a weight of 67 kilograms, and I was a little small for this weight class. But I'm left-handed, and my strategy helps to win these guys. "

" I'm in control of the fight, control the distance, so I win. If I would have been stupid, I would have just stood there in front of their rivals and to fight as it would be convenient to them, spending all their forces. But I'm not stupid. So if they think I'm running away from Marat, it is their business. I call these battles wisely. "- Sittichay said.

...and Dylan

Dylan Salvador during communication with the press stated that the change in the weight category is not part of his plans. It should be noted, some experts believe that El Salvador would have to fight on one weight class below.

"I do not want to change the weight class. That would mean that I will need to adapt to more serious contenders who will have the advantage in power. With regard to the upcoming fight, it's a normal match. The training was normal, nothing special. We will adapt in the ring ".

Oh dear. Hope it's not too bad for Enfusion or JK.

Not sure if the event carried on or not

The first two heavyweight fights in the tournie happend and the stream getting cutting in the third fight andthen Box Nation switched away so wether it went ahead later after the rain or was cancelled i dont know

Marat is a big fighter and he's a hard puncher - of course I'm not going to just stand in front of him and take his punches in exchanges. I bet I'm in the ring with a weight of 67 kilograms, and I was a little small for this weight class. But I'm left-handed, and my strategy helps to win these guys. "

" I'm in control of the fight, control the distance, so I win. If I would have been stupid, I would have just stood there in front of their rivals and to fight as it would be convenient to them, spending all their forces. But I'm not stupid. So if they think I'm running away from Marat, it is their business. I call these battles wisely.
Nicely said. I wonder what Sittichai would look like at 145. I always thought 155 was a little big for him.

petrosyan in talks to go back to glory.

About time.

It's an exciting year for Glory, not only with the number of events they're planning and actually announcing 2 events ahead, but also with fighters like Petrosyan and Saki making a return. I wish we could see guys like Spong and Ristie back too, but I guess that's very unlikely.

Signing up a few Japanese fighters for the 65kg division, and guys like Superbon for the 70kg division would spice things up even more.

thumb_19213_news_promo.jpeg

Back