Recent fights/results/news from China

I think sittichai will be headlining Glory 57 on August 25 in Shenzhen China. My guess against Marat who have both made a name for themselves in China. Marat has been getting better and wouldn't be surprised if he takes it this time but still slightly siding with sittichai. Its still a very dangerous fight for sittichai. He needs to fight smart or he could end up like superbon.

yup
DghRlSOUcAAgYIn.jpg:large

This was a fairly terribly kept "secret".

Sitthichai the Wu Lin Feng champ. Marat who won an 8-man K-1 tournament and in Kunlun too.
Much better than the usual fought outside the organization somewhere idk.

Fourth time a charm?

BTW, What is your guys' 70kg GOAT ranking?
I got
1. Petrosyan
2. Buakaw
3. Souwer
4. Masato
5. Sittichai
6. Kraus
7. Ristie
8. RvR
9. Superbon
10. Kiria
Honorable mention: Marat, Zambidis, Kyshenko, Sato,

Top 2-5 is interchangeable, same with top 6-15.

This division is stackeddd

Last edited by a moderator:
Fourth time a charm?

I got
1. Petrosyan
2. Buakaw
3. Souwer
4. Masato
5. Sittichai
6. Kraus
7. Ristie
8. RvR
9. Superbon
10. Kiria
Honorable mention: Zambidis, Kyshenko, Sato,

Top 2-5 is interchangeable, same with top 6-15. Petro is way ahead of the pack though.

after '09 I find the 70kg division meh I really don't got anything against the new guys I just think the Max era guys are better. I just fel like RvR, Kiria, Superbon, and Ristie are where they are at due to guys like Masato, Souwer, and Buakaw getting old and guys like Petro being hurt all the time and other guys like Kyshenko out growing the weightclass. I also think if Yodsanklai would've been given the chance and didn't move out of the weightclass around '08 he could've been in the top 5.

Fourth time a charm?

I got
1. Petrosyan
2. Buakaw
3. Souwer
4. Masato
5. Sittichai
6. Kraus
7. Ristie
8. RvR
9. Superbon
10. Kiria

Top 2-5 is interchangeable, same with top 6-15. Petro is way ahead of the pack though.

Good list but I think Buakaw was better than Petrosyan. He should have won that draw they had, and had the promotion playing with the rules so he would win less yet still adapted and accomplished so much. He also had better longevity at the top of the game.

after '09 I find the 70kg division meh I really don't got anything against the new guys I just think the Max era guys are better. I just fel like RvR, Kiria, Superbon, and Ristie are where they are at due to guys like Masato, Souwer, and Buakaw getting old and guys like Petro being hurt all the time and other guys like Kyshenko out growing the weightclass. I also think if Yodsanklai would've been given the chance and didn't move out of the weightclass around '08 he could've been in the top 5.
Disagree. I think overall there are a lot more better fighters today but unfortunately they are spread out among different promotions. RvR would of done okay against some of the old timers and superbon is not where he is because of the competition. Hes where he is because hes thai and has years of experience. Its not hard to see that most thais do pretty well in kickboxing. Superbon lost to marat because marats good. Not because superbon is not good. Marat would of been a nightmare for some of the guys back then.

Buakaw and Petrosyan>Sittichai>Souwer, Marat and Sato

Marat would have beaten Masato, Kraus, Zambidis and Souwer more often than not.

Fourth time a charm?

I got
1. Petrosyan
2. Buakaw
3. Souwer
4. Masato
5. Sittichai
6. Kraus
7. Ristie
8. RvR
9. Superbon
10. Kiria

no allazov or marat? I guess Kiria at least got the Glory title at some point.

Marat would have beaten Masato, Kraus, Zambidis and Souwer more often than not.
While I think he would have created some excellent fights and won some, I'm not willing to concede that point. That's a bit of a stretch.

Disagree. I think overall there are a lot more better fighters today but unfortunately they are spread out among different promotions. RvR would of done okay against some of the old timers and superbon is not where he is because of the competition. Hes where he is because hes thai and has years of experience. Its not hard to see that most thais do pretty well in kickboxing. Superbon lost to marat because marats good. Not because superbon is not good. Marat would of been a nightmare for some of the guys back then.
RvR is one of the most meh fighters on that list I really don't see any difference in his abilitys compared to someone like Chahid Oulad El Hadj. How is someone who needs the judges to keep on giving him gift decisions in his toughest fights going to be anything more then a gatekeeper in the K-1 Max era? He's a one dimensional fighter Albert Kraus devolved into a fighter like him he's nowhere near a prime Buakaw, Masato, Souwer, or Petro.

RvR is one of the most meh fighters on that list I really don't see any difference in his abilitys compared to someone like Chahid Oulad El Hadj. How is someone who needs the judges to keep on giving him gift decisions in his toughest fights going to be anything more then a gatekeeper in the K-1 Max era? He's a one dimensional fighter Albert Kraus devolved into a fighter like him he's nowhere near a prime Buakaw, Masato, Souwer, or Petro.
While I agree to an extent, he's still been a consistent top guy in the division for quite some time. Guys like Ristie and Kiria were flashes in the pan but are still being considered.

While I agree to an extent, he's still been a consistent top guy in the division for quite some time. Guys like Ristie and Kiria were flashes in the pan but are still being considered.
pretty easy to be at the top when you're fighting guys like Kevin VanNostrand, Gabriel Varga, and Matt Embree

pretty easy to be at the top when you're fighting guys like Kevin VanNostrand, Gabriel Varga, and Matt Embree
Pretty selective name dropping there. Since he's been too 10 he's also got wins over Artur Kyshenko, Murthel Groenhart, Marat Grigorian, Davit Kiria, Andy Ristie, and while controversial Sittichai and Petpanomrung.

If you are trying to make the case that he's not top 10 70kg all time you need to stop. I'm not the hugest fan of his but you cant deny his resume and longevity.

I think he'd have a pretty good case for being an atg, p4p.

Pretty selective name dropping there. Since he's been too 10 he's also got wins over Artur Kyshenko, Murthel Groenhart, Marat Grigorian, Davit Kiria, Andy Ristie, and while controversial Sittichai and Petpanomrung.

If you are trying to make the case that he's not top 10 70kg all time you need to stop. I'm not the hugest fan of his but you cant deny his resume and longevity.
he came in when the top guys was getting old and needs bs decision in stupid ass glory he's a gatekeeper at best and is where is due to other shit other then the fights he has had. You gonna tell me Rico Verhoeven is top guy too?

Back