Recent fights/results/news from China

i still do not understand what the hell wlf are thinking. This thing is going to take like 6 months to complete if they are not going to stick all the fights from each round on the same event.
IMO they're actually being pretty smart here. They basically lost their roster with GoH and their fight quality dipped from the sub-par to Kunlun/GoH that it already was...but they still need some quality fights in there. Somehow they figured out a way they could do a tournament with all foreign fighters and not get shit for it by putting Yi Long at the end of it. I mean they get the usual Yi Long ridicule but not really seeing "why only/so many foreigners?!?" type shit.

First I think I read something like it'd be April, June, July and August but now I think the end is in November. They'll milk all they can out of this.

Last edited:
IMO they're actually being pretty smart here. They basically lost their roster with GoH and their fight quality dipped from the sub-par to Kunlun/GoH that it already was...but they still need some quality fights in there. Somehow they figured out a way they could do a tournament with all foreign fighters and not get shit for it by putting Yi Long at the end of it. I mean they get the usual Yi Long ridicule but not really seeing "why only/so many foreigners?!?" type shit.

First I think I read something like it'd be April, June, July and August but now I think the end is in November. They'll milk all they can out of this.
I just do not understand why you would willingly not use your biggest star (and basically only one left) for an extended stretch.

I just do not understand why you would willingly not use your biggest star (and basically only one left) for an extended stretch.

because they can't afford to buy every single victory for him,nor they can rob every single one of them;they have a budget for that...the negative impact they had robbing buakaw was huge in and outside china and even wlf need some legit activity sometimes.
also it's not like yi long is a super star and is really requested...so this is a perfect solution.

btw yes yi long should be november.

because they can't afford to buy every single victory for him,nor they can rob every single one of them;they have a budget for that...the negative impact they had robbing buakaw was huge in and outside china and even wlf need some legit activity sometimes.
also it's not like yi long is a super star and is really requested...so this is a perfect solution.

btw yes yi long should be november.
I just do not understand why they wouldn't just keep feeding him tomato cans because it is not like even 10% of the audience knows who these guys in the tournament are. If yi long even beats the winner of this tournament is it even going to raise his profile in china?

I just do not understand why they wouldn't just keep feeding him tomato cans because it is not like even 10% of the audience knows who these guys in the tournament are. If yi long even beats the winner of this tournament is it even going to raise his profile in china?

when he "won" enriko kheln nobody gave a shit...when he fought buakaw they got real numbers...but it costed A LOT.
if buakaw didn't make him more famous nobody will.

if yi long drops the shaolin monk cosplay he's over as his fans support the character not the fighter and don't even care much when he fights as long as his "traditional" act is present;they don't even care about other chinese top fighters.
he's like a mascot now.

seems like petchtanong banchamek will be back at kunlun after all.
they are all focusing on boxing with the new trainers

1st I see of it, not a great sign :D looks like something very fresh. Stoopid namae.
Some shotoboxing type rules and should stream somewhere apparently so yay I guess.

that was event is a new promotion with 1 9 min round, only win by ko or if both make the bell it is a draw, throws allowed and what i saw also said full rules which i think is implying thai rules so elbows could be allowed also. i think i also read they will be having a show every week

Last edited:
Masoud is really good, but still going to get annihilated IMO

that was event is a new promotion with 1 9 min round, only win by ko or if both make the bell it is a draw, throws allowed and what i saw also said full rules which i think is implying thai rules so elbows could be allowed also. i think i also read they will be having a show every week

was it that event promoted by kunlun matchmaker/ref time ago? these rules are meh...:confused:

Normal gloves?

seems like petchtanong banchamek will be back at kunlun after all.
they are all focusing on boxing with the new trainers
Why do they need to focus on Boxing? Should already be ready for world titles in Boxing...

Why do they need to focus on Boxing? Should already be ready for world titles in Boxing...

might be their overall weakness...they also have a new bjj-fitness trainer...o_O
i'm seeing a bit of confusion from buakaw's manager but it usually makes sense later.

might be their overall weakness...they also have a new bjj-fitness trainer...o_O
i'm seeing a bit of confusion from buakaw's manager but it usually makes sense later.
Sounds like not only are they making the Kickboxing jump they are also looking into making the coveted transition into MMA. Muay Thai is being left in the dust as it shoud, it's been surpassed by superior global fight sports that people actually want to watch. These creaky old stadiums are decaying from years and years of accumulated cat piss.

Sounds like not only are they making the Kickboxing jump they are also looking into making the coveted transition into MMA. Muay Thai is being left in the dust as it shoud, it's been surpassed by superior global fight sports that people actually want to watch. These creaky old stadiums are decaying from years and years of accumulated cat piss.

Why do you try to mask how you feel with sarcasm? We see through it.

Back