Recent fights/results/news from Australia/NZ

Shadess

@Black
Reaction score
Probably won't be the most active thread in history but it's the 2nd time I'd need it within a couple weeks so here we go.

Ben Edwards vs. Peter Graham is set to happen...in boxing!
Australian Heavyweight title bout planned to happen on July 11, 2015.

aj1cJRa.jpg

Not only bending styles but now also weight divisions, boasting a record of 47 fights, with 25 of his 45 wins being by KO, he is the current King of the New Zealand and Trans-Tasman Cruiserweights. The first contender for Team New Zealand in the 8 man heavyweight line up is, Israel 'The Style Bender' Adesanya.

Havent really seen him tested as such, not a diss by any means, maybe there arent any fighters on his level.........dunno, more fights in oz?

Ben Edwards vs. Peter Graham is set to happen...in boxing!
Australian Heavyweight title bout planned to happen on July 11, 2015.

I'm actually excited about this fight, but why is this not in the boxing forum?

Havent really seen him tested as such, not a diss by any means, maybe there arent any fighters on his level.........dunno, more fights in oz?

Israel? Yeah, there's nobody on his level in the cruiserweights in NZ. I think he's going to take out the heavyweights pretty comfortably too- I don't think the weight difference is going to be enough to disadvantage him.

Also, Rebellion X will apparently now have Timo Ruge of MuayTies there. That event is like a Thai boxing nerd's wet dream at the moment

Id love to know whats happening in the MT scene in NZ. Ive just got back to NZ and I know nobody here except the folk at the gym who all disappear right after class and dont stick around to chat. If anyone in NZ has any kind of news please throw it up...

Israel? Yeah, there's nobody on his level in the cruiserweights in NZ. I think he's going to take out the heavyweights pretty comfortably too- I don't think the weight difference is going to be enough to disadvantage him.

Also, Rebellion X will apparently now have Timo Ruge of MuayTies there. That event is like a Thai boxing nerd's wet dream at the moment[/QUOTE

Wow heavyweight? sounds like a Pride fight hehe
Rebellion is pretty schmick aye, Mr Nadji has all the clues, wish I was at his gym

I'm actually excited about this fight, but why is this not in the boxing forum?

2 guys known mostly from kickboxing duking it out. We've had Tyrone Spong boxing discussions here also. Would fit fine on boxing forum too I guess :)

Fantastic news the other day with Kiwi fighter Alexi Serepisos winning the IS-4 WMC 57kg World Title! Beating out two opponents to claim what is probably the most prestigious title that anyone from NZ has owned for a few years now.

Id love to know whats happening in the MT scene in NZ. Ive just got back to NZ and I know nobody here except the folk at the gym who all disappear right after class and dont stick around to chat. If anyone in NZ has any kind of news please throw it up...

Israel Adesanya is dominating the cruiser weights in amazing fashion.

I really like watching Adesanya fight, but I want him to fight some better opponents.

I would've of liked to of seen him given a more reasonable chance in glory! Verlinden straight up was kinda like feeding him to the wolves. Does anybody know if the caged Muay Thai show in May is going to be streamed online??

I really like watching Adesanya fight, but I want him to fight some better opponents.

He's apparently looking at getting into the UFC. I have no idea what his jujitsu or wrestling is like, but I imagine he'd be able to learn well enough. Dude is crazy.

I would've of liked to of seen him given a more reasonable chance in glory! Verlinden straight up was kinda like feeding him to the wolves. Does anybody know if the caged Muay Thai show in May is going to be streamed online??

Usually JWP has a stream that you can buy

Was never really that into Australia/NZ stuff, hard to follow and all that, but looking into King in the Ring they seem pretty cool and very consistent.

Always tournaments for Light/Middle/Cruiser/Heavy/Super Heavyweights and once they've done the 5 they do a new round again for all of them.

https://kiksie.com/wiki/King_in_the_Ring

i saw this on twitter, John Wayne Parr vs Daniel Kerr:

[YT]rUt_2PFBAz0[/YT]

Was never really that into Australia/NZ stuff, hard to follow and all that, but looking into King in the Ring they seem pretty cool and very consistent.

Always tournaments for Light/Middle/Cruiser/Heavy/Super Heavyweights and once they've done the 5 they do a new round again for all of them.

https://kiksie.com/wiki/King_in_the_Ring

Yup, coming up next weekend. 8-man lineup includes:

Alexi Serepisos
Nick Aratema
Ra Redden
Pumipi Ngaranoa
Sone Vannathy
Joey Baylon
Kayne Conlan
Chris Wells

Some other fights spread across the card too, but these lightweight guys are where it's at. I'm really hoping to see Alexi do well this year. If you're in Wellington or anywhere close by, definitely worth going to and seeing it live. If not, book it on Sky or go watch it at a pub.

Another very exciting fight lately was also Oscar Remihana of SMAC Gym in Auckland fighting Adam Manisy for the WMC NZ Super Welterweight title. Title was last held by Henare Redden, but vacated when Oscar was looking to challenge. Would love to see a fight between those two though, or get the opportunity to fight Oscar again later on this year.

Hope to see this thread stay active.

Alexi Serepisos wins the lightweight tournament, dethroning Sone Vannathy in the first round and going on to defeat Kayne Conlan in an extension round in the semis and Joey Baylon in the final.

Haha yup. Looking forward to seeing him in his next fight, which is already lined up.

Unsure what the next big shows coming up are- I know in Palmy there's a small afternoon show going on on July 4th, and in Wellington there's the next Capital Punishment on July 18th. Some good main events already lined up for that card.

EDIT: Here's a fight calendar for this year: http://www.newzealandfighter.co.nz/NZ-MuayThai-Kickboxing-Calendar-2015

He could prolly fight Ian, I'd also like to see Pumipi fight Ian, those two have some retarded beef would be good to see the fireworks. It's good to see Aux promoters in Welly, there has been to much Aux vs Welly crap going on over the last couple of years.

I would have preferred to see Parr fight a Thai Stylist in the CMT as well, there are plenty of kiwis in his weight class.

He could prolly fight Ian, I'd also like to see Pumipi fight Ian, those two have some retarded beef would be good to see the fireworks. It's good to see Aux promoters in Welly, there has been to much Aux vs Welly crap going on over the last couple of years.

I would have preferred to see Parr fight a Thai Stylist in the CMT as well, there are plenty of kiwis in his weight class.

I'd like to see Ian fight a lot of people, including Alexi- and the Alexi vs Pumipi III fight will be a cracker as well (although I still think Alexi should have won their first match as well). The Ian/Pumipi thing came from a thread that Ian chimed in on on Facebook, and Pumipi basically said "who the fuck even are you?" which of course led to a little bit of butting heads.

On the Auckland vs Wellington note, looking forward to seeing Rua go against Hayden Todd in a couple of weeks.

Also interesting note about saying you'd like to see JWP vs a more Thai-style kiwi, considering the amount of time Kerr had spent in Thailand, as well as the number of fights that he's had over there. There aren't very many Thai stylists in NZ, let alone of that caliber and that weight.

Dunno why Ian wasnt in the Tourney
Todds been around a while faaaaaaaaaaaa
Would like to see Rua fight Badato or JayDub, he tuff and has a good poker face pause
Choppa should come out of retirement hehe or even The Heat wooooooooooooosh budda

weeesh, cheers for the vid

Combat Kings NZ had a pretty good card last night. Gentiane Lupi lost to Daria Smith by unanimous decision. Lupi is aggressive, strong, and fit, but I'd like to see her start using her legs when she fights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back