Reboot: the first CGI show and its new horrible incarnation

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
Reboot was the first fully CGI show and it's from Canada -first aired in 1994! I grew up with this show:

Hopefully a lot of you remember this. It was a good show, takes place entirely in some guy's computer. The first two seasons are mostly random episodes with an arc developing at the end of season 2. Season 3 got much darker and as I grew up the show grew up too.

But the show got a little too ambitious and set up an epic cliff hanger hoping to get more episodes. Anyone who's a huge fan of Reboot knows this cliff hanger is just a horrible ending to the show that will never be resolved :(

For years and YEARS they have been trying to get the final episodes made by one means or another but instead they decided to start a new show - some 25 years later

Reboot the Guardian Code.

Anyone who truly enjoyed the original Reboot will be disappointed in whatever this is:

Honestly watching this felt like a kick in the childhood nuts. They took a cherished childhood show and made THIS. Just what the fuck is THIS? It's like a weird mix of Super Human Samurai Cyber Squad and some incomprehensible video game. A weird dark villain and dumb kids I don't care about, I want to see what happens in Mainframe with Megabyte, Guardian Bob and the rest, not these assholes. My goodness what happened to Megabyte did he get downgraded? This looks impossible to watch - what a nightmare

Makes me sad that they took my beloved and nostalgic source material, ate it and shit out this awfulness

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Looks like they watched Tron: Legacy and decided it wasn't shitty enough.

You could have used your Admin powers for good and just quietly corrected my mistake instead of calling it out .. but you choose another route

Like the old saying goes: "Edit a man's thread title, and he can its for a day. Teach a man to its, & he can its for a lifetime."

Like the old saying goes: "Edit a man's thread title, and he can its for a day. Teach a man to its, & he can its for a lifetime."

Talk about Reboot or I'm reporting you for derailing threads

Oh my god that looks terrible. Even worse than I imagined when I heard this live action/CGI mashup was how they were resurrecting the IP.

Your speaking true wisdom.

Your speaking true wisdom.

giphy.gif

Wow - I remember that show. Shit looks pretty disturbing now that I am watching it again.

Oh my god that looks terrible. Even worse than I imagined when I heard this live action/CGI mashup was how they were resurrecting the IP.

I know man, I knew it wouldn't be good ( I been following the development of this forever as a huge fan of the original) -- but nothing could have prepared me for how truly awful this is.

I mean someone should be thrown in jail for this shit,

Wow - I remember that show. Shit looks pretty disturbing now that I am watching it again.

Ya gotta remember that at the time there was nothing like this on TV so it made for a very unique viewing experience. I actually prefer this CGI to the new messy head ache too busy CGI in the remake. The original had good stories, characters too and a very interesting badguy in Megabyte. The new version looks like something that belongs in my Halarious knocks off thread

I have never seen such great visuals and such an amazing score grafted on to such a mediocre film.

The story is no Minority Report or 12 Monkeys or anything, but I thought it was solid enough for a sci-fi/action-adventure.

Agree on the visuals & score.

That looks like utter shit.

OG Reboot was the greatest.

Kids these days are fucked.

Can't believe we have admins running around posting off topic. That's not what this place is for.

Mayberry is doomed.

What was the deal with games again? If you die in a game you die for real, or you can get trapped in games or something?

What was the deal with games again? If you die in a game you die for real, or you can get trapped in games or something?

If you LOSE in the game you become a null, mindless slug like creature that runs around drinking people's energy. They look like colourful slugs but are super fast and for some reason Hex's viral powers could control them.

You could be in the game and do everything right but some other player could fuck it up causing you to lose and become a null

Not clear on if you full on die in a winning game ... I remember Bob saved Megabyte from drowning in tar in the game implying he would have died otherwise, win or lose

Back