Reasons why Conor "could" beat Mayweather.

Enriko davidson

Yellow Belt
Banned
Reaction score
Probably going to get some slack for this thread. I get that Conor is not a boxer and I'm not saying he would beat Floyd but he does have some clear advantages that I want to point out. I don't think the fight is as stupid as many make out. Conor will bring it and it will probably be more exciting than any other fight Floyd could have. As a floyd and conor fan I wouldn't mind watching it.

Size: Conor fought Nate Diaz at 170lbs and Floyd stands around 155lbs. Conor will most likely come in to the fight 20lbs heavier or more.

Southpaw: Even tho Floyd is undefeated against Southpaws he doesn't do as well against them and this could cause some problems.

Style: Conor doesn't have a typical boxers style that Floyd has been accustomed to kind of like Maidana who gave Floyd many problems in the first fight. I could see Conor fighting like Maidana.

Age: Floyd is 40 and has been retired for almost 2 years. No one knows how good he really is at the moment whilst Conor is bigger, stronger and in his prime.

I definitely give Conor a decent (but not good) chance of finishing Floyd at this stage. An old man, no matter your age, coming off a long layoff always takes a risk against a young killer.

BHOP is 10x the boxer Joe Smith was, but KTFO'd out of the ring.

bubbles-gif.gif

Floyd barely got a glove laid on him during his career by some elite boxers, so I'm assuming Conor won't get close to him. But you never know until they get in the ring I guess.

The thing that Floyd will have against him is that he doesn't have much starch in his hands these days, so he'll probably be looking at a decision win, so he'll have to stay away for 12 rounds. Though that could be very easy for Floyd against a boxer in his pro debut.

Mcgregor is not a boxer, and he would get owned by any top level and most good boxers at his weight. Pure boxing is very different to mma striking or even kickboxing. The sooner people understand this the sooner these laughable threads will stop being made

And this thread shows queen b dksab and people post stupid shit. Wasteland please.

Floyd barely got a glove laid on him during his career by some elite boxers, so I'm assuming Conor won't get close to him. But you never know until they get in the ring I guess.

The thing that Floyd will have against him is that he doesn't have much starch in his hands these days, so he'll probably be looking at a decision win, so he'll have to stay away for 12 rounds. Though that could be very easy for Floyd against a boxer in his pro debut.
barely got a glove laid on him is a pretty way of pretending that he doesnt get hit hundreds of times most fights

Even if Connor had a chance(which he doesnt) Mayweather will make sure to have the advantage before they step in the ring with his stipulations of a very big ring so he can run around & big puffy gloves so he won't get hurt.

wtf does nate diaz have to do with professional boxing.

conner has a chance if floyd allows kicks. zero if he does not. all the top ten 147s would destroy mcgegor.

Even if Connor had a chance(which he doesnt) Mayweather will make sure to have the advantage before they step in the ring with his stipulations of a very big ring so he can run around & big puffy gloves so he won't get hurt.
LOL @ puffy gloves. Give Conor a pair of these and Floyd still takes his temperature.
dac347d5c833aeab613b25779fdb21f0.jpg

If Floyd does lose to McConnor it would be a fix just like the Aldo , Diaz and Alvarez fights

You guys are haters of course there is a chance

Just like there is a chance someone who trains in submission grappling with pj's could submit Conor

Big ring and puffy gloves and that doesn't kill Conor with one shot

With those odds he has a chance

sucker-born-every-minute.jpg

I definitely give Conor a decent (but not good) chance of finishing Floyd at this stage. An old man, no matter your age, coming off a long layoff always takes a risk against a young killer.

BHOP is 10x the boxer Joe Smith was, but KTFO'd out of the ring.
And Joe Smith is 100x the boxer Connor ever was.

But you have to love people who have 0 idea about boxing. I wonder how far you hypebeast are going to push the line and odds.

This could be a gambler's dream. Floyds easiest fight ever and more people actually are given Mcgregor a better chance than they would another world champion boxer.

Hard hitters in mma vs hard hitters in boxing with boxing gloves are 2 totally different things.

With boxing gloves on I bet Floyd even has a huge power advantage over Conor.

Only one reason that it could happen: Mayweather is 40...

Edit: the weight 'advantage' ironically doesn't go to McGregor because he will have to cut a ton of weight to get down to the 147-150 weight limit that Mayweather is setting. That weight limit won't change. Mayweather knows what he is doing.

Shit like this....smh...laughable. Van Heerden broke it down clearly.

People talk about Floyd lack of power but never bring up how exactly Conor gonna avoid getting hit at will being a southpaw not gonna help anything its just gonna put him in line for a straight right. Conor is a great MMA fighter but all this would he beat Mayweather in boxing and people thinking he could beat Buakaw or Andy Souwer in their primes in kickboxing is asinine.

Back