Reasons for Cowboy's downfall

Bearing in mind hes tested positive before are we allowed to blame USADA?

Truth be told, hes getting old, he has too many fight and too frequently and doesnt recover, and maybe he was just never top top level.. nearly, but not quite (fought 4 times for the wec/ufc belt, lost all four times)

listening to TIll on MMA hour. Guy said he wights 200 lbs on fight night and said it should be illigal what he is doing, his words. Cowboy probably max was 180 pounds. Till also said that once he dispatches WW division he will move up to 185 lbs.
Props to him for making this weight cut and being so honest.
I don't like that personally, I am with Rogan and Co on that fighters should be fighting closer to their natural weight.
So there you go, another reason for this loss - Till is not only great striker , he is also bllody huge for the division.

listening to TIll on MMA hour. Guy said he wights 200 lbs on fight night and said it should be illigal what he is doing, his words. Cowboy probably max was 180 pounds. Till also said that once he dispatches WW division he will move up to 185 lbs.
I don't like that personally, I am with Rogan and Co on that fighters should be fighting closer to their natural weight.
So there you go, another reason for this loss - Till is not only great striker , he is also bllody huge for the division.

Yeah, i could not believe how big he was compared to Cowboy. Of course Cowboy is not the biggest 170 pounder, but Till really looked like 1-2 weightclasses above him. Young dude, weight comes off more easily.

1-Is taking too many fight too often.

If we look at his career, he's figthing very often, a lot of times only 2-3 months between fights,
which is absolutely not enough to recover fully after wars.

F.E. after being KTFO by Jorge he took 6 months and came back to put a great performance against Robbie.

But after such a war, he took less than 3 months to recover and go through camp, which is very little.
He should have taken 1-2 months completely off to heal. And then time to adjust and camp.

He needs to fight 3 times a yeat max and take recoery seriously.

2- Lack of boxing.

Yes he improved in that area, but still eats too many shots, FE against Jorge and Robbie,
which , in addition to taking fights too often leads to brain damage and being chinny,
which Till well exploited.

He needs to focus on boxing fundamentals and defence.

3- Weight class?

Cerrone is a small WW, but cutting down to 155 again, would make his weak liver and chin even weaker.

He could benefit from 165 LB weight class and stricter weight cutting policy, where Huge WW
would have to go up to 175 ir even 185.

P.S. Still a Cowboy fan.

P.P.S By downfall i mean three losses in a row, with two of them being finishes.
Nothing like that happenned to him before.

Discuss

View attachment 291457

Agree with everything, and want to add that his mental game is not strong. No disrespect, but as soon as his opponent backs him up, Cerrone breaks down mentally and can’t mount a comeback.

That's why we need more weight classes and strickter weight cutting

165 - good for Cowboy, Khabib, Tony, other LW who cut ridiculously.

175 - Woodley, Hendriks, MExican fatso guy.

195 - Rashad, Shogun, Rockhold...

That's why we need more weight classes and strickter weight cutting

165 - good for Cowboy, Khabib, Tony, other LW who cut ridiculously.

175 - Woodley, Hendriks, MExican fatso guy.

195 - Rashad, Shogun, Rockhold...
Agree
Also they need to regulate it somehow. Frankie Edgar was saying more weight classes might encourage some dudes to cut even more. For example people who cut to 170 and cant make 155 now might go to 165.

Downfall? He was beat by a younger and better striker, and a hungry prospect trying to prove himself. His fight before that was a close decision to Robbie lawler, which was an exciting bout.

Downfall? He was beat by a younger and better striker, and a hungry prospect trying to prove himself. His fight before that was a close decision to Robbie lawler, which was an exciting bout.

I mean 3 lossess in a row. 2 of them TKOs.Never happenned before. That's kinda downfal.

Back