Reasonable Openweight matchups in the UFC?

VanMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Recently I read that one FC's MW champ will be fighting a HW in a 5 r ROUNDER. This got me thinking about OW fights in the UFC.

I know we've had them in the early UFC days and in Pride. Which reasonable matchups would you like to see in the UFC? Nothing stupid like DJ vs Lesnar.

Recently I read that one FC's MW champ will be fighting a HW in a 5 r ROUNDER. This got me thinking about OW fights in the UFC.

I know we've had them in the early UFC days and in Pride. Which reasonable matchups would you like to see in the UFC? Nothing stupid like DJ vs Lesnar.

top3 BWs vs top5 LWs

Easy. Match a top 5 lightweight vs top 30 middleweight. Top 5 bantamweight vs top 30 lightweight.

Barboza vs Lombard
Lineker vs Gomi
Wonderboy vs Villante

Jacare vs Werdum seems like it could be cool if they made a Saku/Newton type gentleman's agreement.

Mighty Mouse vs top 15 BW, then FW and so on to see how far he can get. Once he can't beat the #15 in a weight class change to top 30. Then top 100.

Rockhold vs Werdum
Weidman vs Arlovski
Woodley vs Brunson
Khabib vs Branch

Bellator- after Gegard wins 185 title, Coker let's him enter this heavyweight tourney and he fucking wins it.
Two division champ but not the 2 people were thinking.

Frankie vs Robbie
Cruz vs mcgregor
Rockhold vs werdum cause they apparently have beef

Back