Reason for Poirier/alvarez outcome

filthynumber1

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
i made a thread saying exactly why they declared it a NC.
and no one listened

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/f...rying-to-take-advantage-of-the-rules.3530261/

everyone told me I was wrong and it turns out i was right :)
they aint gonna give ya the victory by tryn to take advantage of a rule.
so Dustin and Chris learned the hard way. maybe others will defend instead of purposely putting their hands on the.ground and.opening yourself up for strikes
defend yourself!

here's the proof
rogan talks with herb

fucken toe'd a soe

Last edited:
All comes down to intention. I find it hard to believe Eddie didn't feel Dustin drop to the ground before the last knee, whether he could see or not.

All comes down to intention. I find it hard to believe Eddie didn't feel Dustin drop to the ground before the last knee, whether he could see or not.
Maybe, but Eddie was also out on his feet moments before this exchange. So who knows. Run it again.

Dustin was in a bad position and purposely put his other hand on the ground and eddie smoked his now unprotected head with a knee

Don't play the rules is the new dumb saying now isn't it... Like don't leave it in the hands of the judges.

they aint gonna give ya the victory by tryn to take advantage of a rule.
so Dustin and Chris learned the hard way. maybe others will defend instead of purposely putting their hands on the.ground and.opening yourself up for strikes
defend yourself!
Every fighter uses the rules...that's why they don't have to defend themselves from head-butts or soccer kicks. They fight according to the "unified rules" that they agreed to before the fight.

Every fighter uses the rules...that's why they don't have to defend themselves from head-butts or soccer kicks. They fight according to the "unified rules" that they agreed to before the fight.
im just telling you why the decisions of those fights were called that way.

Bunch of ppl dont understand rules or that herb is god in there. Wont be overturned and will be ran back...if dustins ass shows up. He quit in the fight, quit on the stool and quitting now with so called concussion.

Dustins always been a front runner and quits when chips are down. Dustins like the white AJ without the power.

Last edited:
First off, if a fighter throws 3 illegal strikes, and the fight is stopped as a consequence of those strikes, it should be a DQ. Period. Poirier had one hand down for the first 2 strikes, and both hands AND a knee for the last strike. I don't see the argument here.

Secondly, the ref's job is to enforce the rules; not to create their own set of rules. If the rule says that having one hand down equates to being a grounded fighter, the ref should enforce it as such. I agree it was a bad rule, but the way to address that is to change the rule, not have referees going rogue on their own interpretations. Beyond that, the whole concept of "playing the game" is nonsense. If acting within the confines of the rules is "playing the game," then every athlete is guilty. The idea of penalizing someone for actually following the rules is beyond absurd.

First off, if a fighter throws 3 illegal strikes, and the fight is stopped as a consequence of those strikes, it should be a DQ. Period. Poirier had one hand down for the first 2 strikes, and both hands AND a knee for the last strike. I don't see the argument here.

Secondly, the ref's job is to enforce the rules; not to create their own set of rules. If the rule says that having one hand down equates to being a grounded fighter, the ref should enforce it as such. I agree it was a bad rule, but the way to address that is to change the rule, not have referees going rogue on their own interpretations. Beyond that, the whole concept of "playing the game" is nonsense. If acting within the confines of the rules is "playing the game," then every athlete is guilty. The idea of penalizing someone for actually following the rules is beyond absurd.
herb noticed Dustin was in a bad position defending himself. then decided to stop defending himself by placing his hand on the mat.
refs wanna see the fighters keep defending themselves in a fighting manner, not opening themselves up for strikes by putting your hand on the mat bc of a rule

herb wasnt gonna give him the win when its that obvious what dustin was doing
it is what it is. im just the messenging here btw. herb made the call

Last edited:
herb noticed Dustin was in a bad position defending himself. then decided to stop defending himself by placing his hand on the mat.
refs wanna see the fighters keep defending themselves in a fighting manner, not opening themselves up for strikes by putting your hand on the mat bc of a rule

herb wasnt gonna give him the win when its that obvious what dustin was doing
it is what it is. im just the messenging here btw. herb made the call
It doesn't matter what Herb wanted to see. The ref's job is to enforce the rules, not change them for their own liking.

Why start a new thread rather than bumping your old thread with an I told you so?

Why start a new thread rather than bumping your old thread with an I told you so?
figured why not do both??
especially when iam right and no fucken one agreed with me!
i notice these threads get alot quiter' when this is the case.

posters vanish
ahhh this is sherdog

everyone wants to point it out when they disagree but no.where to be found when your right

Back