Really? Krause vs Taylor?

ZafroTexas

Sideburns Sodamizer
@Green
Reaction score
They already fucked up with Krause vs Nijem now Krause vs Taylor?! This is retarded this was the best fight with the 2 best redemption stories! Fucking retarded they needed to meet in the finals.

TJ wanted Kraus/Gallicchio and Taylor/Lima, and Cody nonchalantly suggested Kraus/Lima and Taylor/Gallicchio. Yet Dana decided to disregard both of their picks and choose the semifinal fights that made the least amount of sense. I don't get why he simply didn't let TJ decide on his own since all of the fighters left are on his team, but I imagine it has something to do with Dana always wanting to have the final say on everything.

I'm starting to think Dana wants to eliminate Kraus. He is throwing the hardest fights at him. Hell I get it. It would be better to have a new star like Ramsey or Taylor than a slightly better known fighter that is already in the UFC and is fairly boring

So everybody is saying bad matchmaking by Dana for the semis and I agree... However.... I can sort of understand what hes trying to do... i think he is trying to set it up for the best finale we could have with the remaining fighters... he likes the stand up fights i know that... both krause and lima are lengthy and have great technical crisp stand up... both are also decent on the ground... i would give a little bit of an edge on the ground to Krause... i think if Lima were to fight Taylor it would be a long 2 rounds for Lima... i think Krause has a bit of a better chance to beat JT because of he fights lengthy and has pretty good takedown defense... So Krause has the much tougher fight but i think its 50/50... while Lima has the easier fight as long as he keeps it standing.... But i think the fight Dana wants in the finale is Krause vs. Lima... which i do agree would be the best fight as far as entertainment goes for the finale imo... i just hope krause recovers from his eye injury and is able to continue in TUF...

Thoughts and opinions?

There is a thread about it literally 3 posts down. FFS

Dana has gone all in with Gallicchio and is doing everything he can to get him into the Finals. He is probably the most down on his luck guy of all of them and has an easy story to sell to casuals.

I feel for TJ. From a sport perspective, his bracket (based on seeding) made the most sense. I expected Cody to disagree (because he's Cody), but Dana just had to put his 2 cents in. I don't care for Krause or JT, but both Lima and Gallichio are down to earth dudes, who I would like to see get paid in the UFC.

I think the matchmaking has been great, considering that they are looking for a redemption story.

For the quarter-final match up, Krause & Nijem were both going to be in the UFC regardless, so by making them fight, you give as many other fighters an opportunity as possible.

For the semi-finals, of the remaining fighters, Gallichio and Lima are the two most likeable characters, so they are ensuring one of them makes it through.

For the other match up, Taylor is the only guy left who could beat Krause with his wrestling, and with Krause already on contract, why not make him test himself to gain his redemption?

It's also a test for Jesse Taylor in a couple of ways. Obviously, he has to prove his fighting ability, but he also has to show that he won't make the same mistakes again, even after a victory over an established UFC fighter in Krause.

The matchmaking has been awful so far

I mean, I still watch, but it has me disapointed

I feel for TJ. From a sport perspective, his bracket (based on seeding) made the most sense. I expected Cody to disagree (because he's Cody), but Dana just had to put his 2 cents in. I don't care for Krause or JT, but both Lima and Gallichio are down to earth dudes, who I would like to see get paid in the UFC.

Honestly,

all of the last 4 guys are pretty likable to me. Even JT - he is a clown, but seems like a nice guy.

Honestly,

all of the last 4 guys are pretty likable to me. Even JT - he is a clown, but seems like a nice guy.

His redemption story has been the best by far IMO. And his size and strength at WW could be a big problem for some people on the UFC roster. He is relentless and absolutely gigantic at that weight. Wondering if he will move up to MW after the show

So everybody is saying bad matchmaking by Dana for the semis and I agree... However.... I can sort of understand what hes trying to do... i think he is trying to set it up for the best finale we could have with the remaining fighters... he likes the stand up fights i know that... both krause and lima are lengthy and have great technical crisp stand up... both are also decent on the ground... i would give a little bit of an edge on the ground to Krause... i think if Lima were to fight Taylor it would be a long 2 rounds for Lima... i think Krause has a bit of a better chance to beat JT because of he fights lengthy and has pretty good takedown defense... So Krause has the much tougher fight but i think its 50/50... while Lima has the easier fight as long as he keeps it standing.... But i think the fight Dana wants in the finale is Krause vs. Lima... which i do agree would be the best fight as far as entertainment goes for the finale imo... i just hope krause recovers from his eye injury and is able to continue in TUF...

Thoughts and opinions?

Lima's standup is not technical OR crisp. It's awful IMO. Look at how many shots Gilbert Smith landed on him. He has OK kicks, a lot of heart, and solid grappling but his hands are terrible as is his defense.

Li%2BJingliang%2BDestroys%2BDhiego%2BLima%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B66%2BManila.gif

Tim%2BMeans%2BStops%2BDhiego%2BLima%2BUFC%2B184.gif

5698257_tuf19finale-eddie-gordon-just-pounding_ef7ea3f9_m.gif

He also REALLY needs to stop putting his back to the cage. I like the guy but he got absolutely destroyed in his last UFC stint and his striking needs a ton of work.

...Cody thoughts about the match ups were pretty good..

grappler vs grappler
well rounded vs well rounded

And once again...i fear for Tom's health...lol

I was hoping for Kraus/Lima and Tom/Taylor

Krause ain't getting an easy ride but let's be honest if on a normal UFC show let's say james needed a short notice replacement fight, and they gave him Ramsey or Jesse, we would all be laughing our asses off and James would be a 1/8 favourite

But Lima and Gallichio are the 2 least likely to survive in the UFC of the final 4.

Maybe they didn't want the UFC guy to win like Tim Elliot last year

I was shocked by the match ups as well. I thought from the start the final 3 would be Krause, Ramsey, and JT in some fashion.

Krause is insanely boring. Personality and fighting style.

Back