Really hope Barboza KO's Khabib

Curious to see how Khabib reacts to leg kicks.
8bNcuHh.gif

tumblr_mgxfe2iEc61qaa8d1o1_500.gif

You're welcome

8bNcuHh.gif

tumblr_mgxfe2iEc61qaa8d1o1_500.gif

You're welcome
Cmon dude, that was a sloppy leg kick from the guy with literally the worst TDD in modern UFC history,against the king of the counter power double.
Barboza will kick better, be more aware and defensive to TD, and Khabib doesn't have that shoot speed. He is more of a close the distance, clinch, body lock and pull his opponent down chain wrestling type.
I don't think your comparison is fair... But still agree habiby will murk Barboza. It just will look a lot different to those gifs

MJ was the mythical "striker with TDD" that was supposed to embarrass Khabib.

Barboza has worse TDD than MJ. I'm fairly confident that he's going down.

How exactly does Barbosa have worse tdd than MJ?? I am just curious cause you sound very confident. Cause looking at Edsons 5 fights vs the best wrestlers he's faced in Castilo, Dunham, Ferguson, Melendez and Dariush he's only been taken down once in 20 attempts. And Edson has a higher % of tdd

I agree 100% with TS. After all the crap Khabib has done with long layoffs and missing weight he still has the nerve to try and jump the line.

How exactly does Barbosa have worse tdd than MJ?? I am just curious cause you sound very confident. Cause looking at Edsons 5 fights vs the best wrestlers he's faced in Castilo, Dunham, Ferguson, Melendez and Dariush he's only been taken down once in 20 attempts. And Edson has a higher % of tdd
All those guys are pretty subpar offensive wrestlers. Edson was outwrestled by MJ (taken down at will essentially.)

All those guys are pretty subpar offensive wrestlers. Edson was outwrestled by MJ (taken down at will essentially.)

Taken down at will? MJ MAYBE landed one takedown. If that, I honestly don’t remember any.

You talkin out your ass here, my friend

Barboza is far more dangerous with regard to an individual strike than anyone Khabib has fought yet. It will be interesting to see it play out.

We will get an answer very quickly in this fight.
Khabib has to go for the takedown instantly imo
Barboza won't hesitate if Khabib tests or "measures" Edson...
he knows he will be taken down one way or the other...has to take his shots.
(I bet they've trained nothing but flying knees for take down D haha)

I respect Nurnagomedov, but he’s so unreliable. Barboza has improved a lot, but still folds in big fights; if he wins the belt (which I think is unlikely), he will not reign for too long. I’m looking forward to the fight nevertheless :)

What im afraid of is the TD being such a threat that Khabib actually lands some strikes standing, and weve all seen Edson get stunned outta nowhere

But if a flat footed plodding Khabib that drained from a bad weight cut shows up, Russian thighs for dinner!

I hope your mother kos you hahaha

If I had to guess, I'd say because Khabib is an habitual puller-outer who talks a lot but rarely fights, and based on body of work (not talent) is absurdly over rated on Sherdog.

That's just a guess though.

They aren't great wrestlers but they are good wrestlers no question particularly Melendez, Dunham and Ferguson. Johnson faced Ferguson, Dariush and Castilo as well and defended well. Khabib was the best wrestler that either guy has faced and we know how Khabib/Johnson went, so fighting Khabib being the best wrestler doesnt really help MJs case considering he got dominated.

And MJ did not take Edson down at will. I recall that fight very well and the only take down MJ shot was very late in round 3 which we got and the round ended shortly after. He only attempted one and got one

There is nothing that proves MJ has better take down defense. Both guys are very good but I wont say one is better than the other.

Losing to Barboza doesn't mean I don't wanna see Khabib fight again. Everyone loses.

Should Barboza fuck off for losing to MJ and Ferguson?

Back