realistically, how would a bjj blackbelt do against some guy w/a rambo knife in the streets?

You don't need to tie up both hands, just the one holding the knife. And there are a bunch of arm drags, shoulder locks, and wrist locks that can do the trick. A knife is not a grenade. It's scary as hell, but in reality it takes skill to really use one, especially against a BJJ blackbelt. I would bet that more often than not, the blackbelt would end up with what are called 'defensive wounds' on the hands and/or forearms, but the guy with the knife would end up in broken bits on the ground.
A knife takes no skill whatsoever that's why we see untrained terrorists using them all the time.
The way I look at it is with the old saying about BJJ black belts turning into brown after getting punched well imagine instead of getting punched they were stabbed or had wrists, arms or face slashed I doubt there black belt would be good for anything other than a tourniquet after that.

A knife takes no skill whatsoever that's why we see untrained terrorists using them all the time.
The way I look at it is with the old saying about BJJ black belts turning into brown after getting punched well imagine instead of getting punched they were stabbed or had wrists, arms or face slashed I doubt there black belt would be good for anything other than a tourniquet after that.
lots of untrained people sucessfully defend themselves against knife attacks.
in my town sone doofus who did aikido took a knife off a guy trying to rob his gas station.

in my town sone doofus who did aikido took a knife off a guy trying to rob his gas station.

Completely different scenario.

You're gonna get someone killed talking like that.

More likely, you're gonna get someone choked unconscious thinking that their knife means they can comfortably fuck with a blackbelt.

Aikido, as ridiculous as we've seen it, still trains somewhat against knife. And I think the guy himself should realize he's lucky.

BJJ does not train for unarmed standup, let alone with weapons

---

Unlike unarmed types of fighting, a knife does not rely on needing momentum, angles, or force to do really awful things. It makes your average person more of a threat than a talented boxer

Most of those are sneak attacks, not someone ready for a fight, and I'm going to guess that at least half of the terrorist stabbing victims are not BJJ blackbelts. (just a ballpark estimate)

We aren't talking about a moron trying to rob a store for crack money we are talking about someone trying to kill you. It's a very different scenario

That's true, all BJJ matches start on the ground

Oh wait no none of them do

Do you think that applies to this scenario? Weapons and defense experts don't.

Even training for a knife attack doesn't adequately prepare you for one.

its also worth noting that a lot of bjj blackbelts do mma and have striking skills.

More likely, you're gonna get someone choked unconscious thinking that their knife means they can comfortably fuck with a blackbelt.

Haha. Now I know you're just messing around. That's cool.

its also worth noting that a lot of bjj blackbelts do mma and have striking skills.

And they have their own knives and guns as well. That last part really helps to even things out

im a bjj whitebelt but i have a rocketlauncher soi neverfeel overmatched.

bjj guy picks up the nearest object that can be used as a weapon.

This 98 pound loser weakling managed to kill a full grown man weighing 80 pounds more than her. She slashed/stabbed him 29 times in a matter of seconds.
images.jpg

This 98 pound loser weakling managed to kill a full grown man weighing 80 pounds more than her. She slashed/stabbed him 29 times in a matter of seconds.
View attachment 242657
thats called a surprise attack. Im pretty sure a punch to the face a man my size would cause more damage to her than she coukd with a stab from a kinfe unless its to the heart.

I would say the majority of knife attacks are a surprise. That is why they are so deadly.

a rambo knife is like a foot long unless you pick up a metal pipe or something to stab with you are going to end up injured or dead
FKH6W4TGQ5QCIF6.MEDIUM.jpg

Back