Realistically, how much longer do you think the UFC has?

90three

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The numbers have been declining rapidly. I dont want the sport to die and do think it can be revitalized, but its becoming more like show business rather than a business for professional athletes.

if the UFC keeps up these numbers, how much longer before they go bankrupt?

the Fertittas left for a reason. and no, it wasn't because "they've done all they can do with the sport"

If UFC cant make a profit anymore then how the hell is Bellator going to do it

A fight is a fight. While the UFC may die, there's always going to be hand to hand combat.

If UFC cant make a profit anymore then how the hell is Bellator going to do it
oh believe me. they will fail too.
their freak show fights are even more cringeworthy and WWE-esque

ESPN just gave UFC a fat TV deal. So that'll keep them going for a few years.

But WME has been a disaster at promotion, weird considering they do that for a living.

The numbers have been declining rapidly. I dont want the sport to die and do think it can be revitalized, but its becoming more like show business than the athletic business.

if the UFC keeps up these numbers, how much longer before they go bankrupt and Bellator becomes the leading org?

the Fertittas left for a reason. and no. it wasn't because "they've done all they can do with the sport"
I'm sure @FrankieNYC can give you all sorts of numbers to explain why the UFC won't die in the next ten years, but the ESPN deal will keep them afloat regardless of what their buyrates look like.

UFC will reign supreme as the premier MMA organisation for the next 50 years MINIMUM

UFC is going hard get a life 225 was one of the best cards ever

ESPN just gave UFC a fat TV deal. So that'll keep them going for a few years.

But WME has been a disaster at promotion, weird considering they do that for a living.
hate to be a pessimist, but I feel that ESPN will grow to regret the deal and not renew, just like Fox did.

I really don't see it dissapearing. I just see it doing not so good for a while as they find some new stars

hate to be a pessimist, but I feel that ESPN will grow to regret the deal and not renew, just like Fox did.

Very possible, as they're giving the UFC $300M a year, more than Fox gave the WWE.

The UFC deserves credit for taking full advantage of the current demand for DVR proof programming and got a great deal out of it.

If the UFC will suck as badly for another year it will be almost dead to me. They make good profit though so financially they will last longer.

Back