realistic goals squatting

3 sets a week of 5 reps just means 3 sets of 5 reps on one day.

Edit : No, I'm wrong, should have read the link. It's a working set of 5 reps, 3 times a week. I stand corrected.
I guess he's updated the process. He's added phases.

Yeah, I was really confused. I had never seen SS with phases before.

when im at artound 12 % body fat im around 195-198 iv never really stayed on a squat program longer than a month iv just do a set like once a month or so but now i really am working towards getting a strong strength base the most i ever squatted for 1 rep was 315 3 plates im 6 1 and thick legs wide shoulders 32-30 inch waist could i possibly get to 405 within 6 months realistically if i start doing it once a week 5-3-1 system?

What is a squat program? Do you mean you've never done a proper strength program that includes squats? If you've never done a program consistantly then you don't need to start at 5/3/1 because you're not a beginner and it's too slow for you. You should start with Stronglifts or Starting Strength then move onto something like the Texas Method before you consider 5/3/1 in my opinion.

Im sure I'm not gonna see much progression as in really trying to cut lose weight eating 1800 a day was told heavy lifting is good for cutting fat I know I won't make many gains idc to get bigger just trying to become stronger and get back to fight weight being 260 sucks

Take your time and write out complete sentences with punctuation. We're not texting here, and there's no rush to get your message typed. It will make it much easier for all of us to dialogue.

Literally not one single piece of punctuation lol.

lol I wish there was a program to guarantee 10lb a month.

These dudes in their late 20's would be pulling 1200lbs when they hit 35 years old.

Sign me up!

Take your time and write out complete sentences with punctuation. We're not texting here, and there's no rush to get your message typed. It will make it much easier for all of us to dialogue.

Tough on punctuation. Tough on the causes of punctuation.

Back