Real or Fake 10oz Grant Boxing Gloves

machado454

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hello Bros, I need a little help from you all...I doubted if the gloves on the pictures are real or fake. There is an extra layer of hard padding on the backhand-on the inside of the glove. Such layer is nonexistent on the left... The gloves are from the older batch. Both labels-Hecho en Mexico and Warning-are present. The lining is not canvas, but nylon...grant2.jpgIMG_20170223_004325.jpg IMG_20170223_004453.jpg IMG_20170223_004527.jpg IMG_20170223_004306.jpg

Attachments

• grant1.jpg
    grant1.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 2
  • grant3.jpg
    grant3.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 0
Just be careful. There's a guy on eBay who has some Grant fight gloves and has them 're-padded' and lined to make them look newer.

He usually does state this in his description though.

Edit: Germany based.

I bought them from UK based lady, and at first I wanted to return them, but now I'll give them a try and make a review. The seller told me that they are used only for pads.

also, the padding thing. I've seen pairs of fight gloves, where the person using is very one hand-heavy - one glove looks and feels completely different. Fight gloves are not meant to last forever, remember. Not sure if these Grants have a "round rating", but these things definitely deteriorate. That extra layer of padding may have just disappeared.

CDBM, what do you mean "re-padded"? That sounds like a really hard thing to do, unless its a complete shit job.

also, the padding thing. I've seen pairs of fight gloves, where the person using is very one hand-heavy - one glove looks and feels completely different. Fight gloves are not meant to last forever, remember. Not sure if these Grants have a "round rating", but these things definitely deteriorate. That extra layer of padding may have just disappeared.

CDBM, what do you mean "re-padded"? That sounds like a really hard thing to do, unless its a complete shit job.

Screenshot_20170228-071606.png

that is very interesting. It says 100% original, but the re-padding bit sort of takes that away.

It also says 100% genuine and 100% accurate.

If you added them all together, that would be 300%. That's pretty good.

I asked the German guy who did the job, he answered me that a cobbler did the job. The lady cobbler was Daido Juku fighter and she knew her job well...

I asked the German guy who did the job, he answered me that a cobbler did the job. The lady cobbler was Daido Juku fighter and she knew her job well...
Hey Bro,

Just to let you know that here in México I can find a guy who repair Grants

well I feel like a jerk. Cobblers are excellent at repairing boxing gloves, I've heard many stories. but fixing padding is incredible.

Back