Real Life Middle School "PC Principal" strikes blow for Social Justice, but misses

Scerpi

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
pc-principal-drops-the-mic.gif

S.F. principal delays vote results, saying winners aren’t diverse

"When San Francisco middle school principal Lena Van Haren saw which kids on her campus had been elected to the student council, she was disturbed at the lack of diversity among the winners. There were no Latino or black candidates chosen for the top four spots."

She sent the following message to parents one week after the election to justify why the election results hadn't been released...

“This is complex, but as a parent and a principal, I truly believe it behooves us to be thoughtful about our next steps here so that we can have a diverse student council that is truly representative of all voices at Everett,” she wrote, according to the Chronicle. Van Haren then suggested the school “add positions” to improve diversity, KTVU reported.

The only non-surprise in this situation is that it happened in California. This mini dictator was trying to change the rules after the fact because she wasn't happy with the results. She withheld the results for 10 days while she tried to figure a way to get the "correct" results and then only released them because she was getting started to get majorly called out by the parents, the students and the media.

Fortunately, she made the right decision eventually. But according to reactions of the parents and student, they may have realized the crazy shit SJW's can do.

“The thing that’s so frustrating to me, as a parent and an engaged citizen, is you release the results and then you form committees,” David said. “How can you say, ‘In the name of social justice, we’re going to withhold election results’?”
Why, because the results didn't fit PC Principal's narrative

“I wanted to get more involved and change some things,” Kaplan, a seventh-grader running for class representative, told KRON 4. “I feel like it is disrespectful to all the people who were running,” he said of the strange silence over election results. “The whole school voted for those people, so it is not like people rigged the game. But in a way, now it is kinda being rigged.”
Sorry Kid, you're white. You're opinion isn't wanted here.

“Well, the children’s voices were heard. They just seemed to be less obsessed with race than some administrators are,” wrote UCLA law professor Eugene Volokh, in his blog Volokh Conspiracy hosted by The Washington Post.
Excellent summation of the situation

The principal and district are now in full back pedal mode.

District officials called the whole situation “a learning opportunity.”
True, but they learned a different lesson than what you're thinking...

“Of course I look back and we should have communicated the winners right away,” she said. “I could never have predicted things would get to this point.
Hilarious...

“We paused to have a conversation,” she told the Chronicle. “I never, ever said we wouldn’t share the results or they weren’t good enough.
Sorry, I don't believe you...

Everett-Middle-School-principal.jpg

But.... Obviously PC Principal (and others) are still not "Ok" with results, even though the entire student class voted. I'm guessing that next year's elections will have affirmative action quotas on the student government board. I mean, if the students are unable to figure out how they should vote, then they need to be directed to do it the "right" way.

After relenting and publishing the results — in which “white, Asian, and mixed-race students” were statistically over-represented — the school’s (white) principal pronounced herself “concerned” about whether students’ “voices are all heard,”
Did all the students vote or not? Since they all voted during home period... ??

“It’s not okay for a school that is really, really diverse to have the student representatives majority white,” she told the Chronicle. “The easy thing would have been to announce the results and move on. I intentionally did not choose the easy way because this is so important.”
Not Okay for who? The students who voted for them? Or you?

“If we can’t teach them the right way it’s supposed to work, then we are really just letting our kids down,” Gutierrez said.
Yeah!! Your Social PC Engineering isn't going quite as planned? Need to fix that then

Meanwhile, school administrators are meeting later this week to consider how to get more non-white kids involved in politics. One idea, the principal suggested, is to just add more student government positions.

Now that sounds like something the federal government would do.

Will the nation media pick up and run with this story? Because it's an excellent example of true danger when the PC Police runs wild and unchecked. The only question left for me is how far would PC Principal and the Administration have gone with this if they hadn't been called out?

It's SF. What do you execpt? The whole southern 2/3rds of the state is nothing but a bunch of fruity nutcases.

The principal just taught her whole school how to be racist by not accepting the decision of the voters. The skin color of the elected was not to her liking. She should be fired.

If I was a parent I really don't think I would be satisfied until she was fired.

Teaching kids it's okay to throw out election results if it doesn't fit your value. Grooming them up to be little SJW fascists from a young age I see.

Stop treating minorities like fragile eggs that need "the great white hope" to step in and champion our causes.

The irony is that I'm actually more offended as a minority that she feels the need to intervene on behalf of colored students (which she was never asked to do).

Fair chance and an equal playing field for minorities doesn't (and shouldn't) involve artificially stacking the deck.

jeesh....just expel the white kids already!

ridiculous of the little white kids to make friends and gain favor with others who like them and see nothing wrong with being represented by them. if she gets rid of the white kids she can lord over the non-whites just like she wants

hilarious that she will now go out of her way to force non-white kids to get interested in a subject and run for seats they aren't that interested in lmao

Stop treating minorities like fragile eggs that need "the great white hope" to step in and champion our causes.

The irony is that I'm actually more offended as a minority that she feels the need to intervene on behalf of colored students (which she was never asked to do).

Fair chance and an equal playing field for minorities doesn't (and shouldn't) involve artificially stacking the deck.

I'm a white dude, but I think I would feel the same in your position. It's as if she told minority students they weren't good enough on their own.

I'm a white dude, but I think I would feel the same in your position. It's as if she told minority students they weren't good enough on their own.

Liberals have been telling minorities that for a long time

Clinton fundraisers report hearing from new donors after Biden bows out

Top fundraisers for Hillary Clinton said on a weekly conference call that they had already started hearing from new donors in the hours after Vice President Joe Biden announced he would not run in 2016, according to one person who was on the line.
The call, led by top Clinton aide Huma Abedin, came hours before the candidate’s Thursday congressional testimony on Benghazi, but it also touched on Biden. Abedin noted that Clinton had given Biden time and space to make his decision, and that they had spoken shortly after the vice president — her 2008 opponent and her former Senate colleague — delivered his announcement. Clinton for months refused to engage with reporters’ questions about Biden’s political plans, even when her campaign chairman John Podesta suggested after last week’s debate that time was running out for the vice president.

Senate Dems cheer Biden decision to skip 2016

Joe Biden’s decision not to take on Hillary Clinton makes the 2016 presidential election a whole lot simpler for Senate Democrats.
Already in the awkward spot of mostly backing Hillary Clinton while their colleague Sen. Bernie Sanders challenges her from the left, powerful Democrats breathed a sigh of relief on Wednesday that they wouldn’t have to navigate an even messier primary season that included a sitting vice president that few of them would endorse.

wrong way to get equality lady. Its funny how these movements become the exact thing they were trying to fight against.

Her heart was in the right place, but you can't withhold the results of an election because you're not happy with them.

How is she still the principal? Deciding that a vote shouldn't count because of skin color is ridiculous to do, and she's actually in charge of the place. That doesn't seem like a job she's mentally equipped to continue.

I think a better strategy for next year is to inform the white students they are not allowed to run for student council. If you are white, you aren't right.

I can't understand her reasoning for this. If there was ample participation from all demographics, then what's so wrong with the results? If not enough non-white students participated, then let the results stand and try to facilitate more interest among the student body for the next election.

I can't understand her reasoning for this. If there was ample participation from all demographics, then what's so wrong with the results? If not enough non-white students participated, then let the results stand and try to facilitate more interest among the student body for the next election.

PC people believe in equal results not equal opportunity.

Skin color should not matter! To think it does is racist!

To prove we are not racist and do not care about skin color, we need to pay VERY close attention to skin color and make sure we do not elect white people.

Makes total sense to me.

PC people believe in equal results not equal opportunity.

Hah, I guess. The backlash was bad enough to force the administration to backpedal a bit. That's a good sign at least, especially for the kids who rightfully won.

Back