Reaction to Jones wanting a tune up fight and ducking DC

Jones should not even be in the discussion right now. Suspended till July and should have to beat 2 top 10 fighters before he gets a shot. Should be easy for him but he should have to do it.
Freakin black privileged

Oh yeah i remember that fight from 2 years ago....

2yrs older and one is still 2yrs younger, fresher & well rested, skilled, come to think of it f*k safe " let get it on"...!

If Jones signs a fight with him...will DC make weight?

That's the bigger question.

lol guess it'll never sink in until the guy takes a brutal loss. We all watched the OSP fight. Pre-USADA Jones is gone forever guys. I guess as long as the last fight is a W the illusion will persist though

Nothing wrong with this from my point of view. Especially if you're a smart fighter/person

Shogun didn't get a "tune-up fight" after knee surgery to defend against Jones... what a :eek::eek::eek:.
I don't like jones, but this scenario is different because shogun still had the belt. Champs don't get tune ups.

I have no problem with anyone managing their career as they see fit as long as they aren't holding up a belt.

Jon is due for another fuck up soon I don't see him ever coming back.

He did not get to fight. And he tested under all of the policies in the fight prior. He looked perfectly fine in that fight he breezed through an easy win knowing he had a big title fight coming up. He also tested completely clean every other time in his career. Let's not act like fighters were not getting caught before. They were.
He has tested clean in the past, sure. But then so has Vitor. We can't say with 100% positivity that Jones used steroids or other similar PEDs. But we can say that it is likely, especially after reading USADA's statement during Jones' hearing.

He has tested clean in the past, sure. But then so has Vitor. We can't say with 100% positivity that Jones used steroids or other similar PEDs. But we can say that it is likely, especially after reading USADA's statement during Jones' hearing.

Vitor only tested clean it until they banned what he was taking. And that was just the regular athletic commission doing the testing. Shows you how bad that shit was he was taking.

surprised the ufc even gave him a choice. you either want the shot or u don't. it's not like he is coming off an injury. he is coming off being an idiot again

Whatever. DC has had many tune up fights in prep for Jon when you think about it. Have him fight Manuwa for # 1 contendors.

I don't like it, just because they have to give Jones a decent contender, and that just eliminates a potential future title fight in an already depleted division.

Also, Jones' own doing has kept him out of the cage, that's on him to make up, not the UFC, Dana, DC or anyone else.

Is this actually a thing? I thought OSP was Jon's tune up fight.

And yeah, the whole build up just isn't worth it anymore between these two. One of them either ruins it somehow. Just schedule the fight and let them bang.

I don't see Jones being anywhere near as effective in a rematch anyway. Dude was juicing and still didn't dominate DC completely and then he looked like complete shit against OSP.

Much as I'd love for Jones to take out DC, I just don't see it happening.

You see this ^^^ is where I will always take issue and become Connie fan like defensive of the man, he tested for a banned substance linked to PED use, but not peds. A substance that can be found in knock off dick stand pills, you go to a few select urban cultural shops around my city you get them 5 for 10.00 God knows what's in those things but the graphic packaging makes you believe you wasted 10.00 bucks on lesser things, so why not..?
I feel you, but there's more to it than that, Jones's unusual past test results for example.

giphy.gif

No one owes Jones a goddamn thing... He's got alot to prove, and shouldn't even try making requests at this point!

Yes, he was the champ and never "lost" his belt... but he has to prove to the MMA community that he belongs in the cage by making it there, clean and legal. He should be thanking his stars that he was allowed back. Let alone right into a title fight.

smart move after how he looked vs OSP and the extensive time off. GSP should be taking a tune up fight too.

Back