RDA vs Usman is not going to be all that competitive

You put their two names in close proximity and all I see is USADA...

Are they talking about this fight happening? Usman won and RDA lost. I would think that Usman vs. Till is the fight to make.

Yeah, but it was a lacklustre performance, and Usman doesn't have a shtick to get himself heat like Colby. Dana was talking about him fighting Magny after Magny beat that can in Liverpool. It's clear that the UFC has zero interest in pushing Usman, so he should take whatever top 10 fight that he can get.

As far as the actual fight goes. Usman doesn't push the same pace as Colby, but he's massive for the division and is physically stronger than Covington is.

If anything, that's a bad match up for RDA. Usman didn't want to stay on the ground with Maia. He'll be more comfortable working top position on RDA.

You're right I don't think that Usman has the pace or cardio of Colby.

But Usman has better TDs and top control. I personally don't see RDA stopping Usman from taking him down.

Once Usman gets RDA down RDA isn't getting back up.

And Usman is the better striker and good punches carry much more power on them.

Usman 30-27.

Pretty much this ↑↑↑ to add Colby is nowhere as strong as Usman, RDA was able to continuously work his way to his feet with Colby the kind of pressure Usman can place on you while in his grasp is Khabib like torture.

Personally I would like to see Edwards get fed to any of those guys lol
Maybe Edwards vs RDA, but he already lost to Usman.

If they make Usman-RDA a three-rounder then I think RDA will find himself on his back the entire fight. His best bet is hoping that Usman gasses over five rounds and becomes vulnerable in striking exchanges.

Usman won't need to put on a pace
He'll have a higher success rate taking down RDA than Colby did

Yeah, but it was a lacklustre performance, and Usman doesn't have a shtick to get himself heat like Colby. Dana was talking about him fighting Magny after Magny beat that can in Liverpool. It's clear that the UFC has zero interest in pushing Usman, so he should take whatever top 10 fight that he can get.

As far as the actual fight goes. Usman doesn't push the same pace as Colby, but he's massive for the division and is physically stronger than Covington is.

If anything, that's a bad match up for RDA. Usman didn't want to stay on the ground with Maia. He'll be more comfortable working top position on RDA.
0 interest in pushing Usman??

If Usman beats RDA he's in a position for a TS.

RDA just lost an interim championship fight. Usman fighting him is a major push for Usman.

My prediction

Woodly vs Colby in August/September

Winner fights Till in January/February #1

Usman and RDA (or Woodley/Colby loser) fight Usman in fall or early winter.#2

That winner of #1 and #2 fight May/June

Of course there is a possible cog that could jam up the system. If Colby beats Woodley I see GSP wanting his WW title back. That would fuck everything.

That's weird because I've always thought of Usman as a better version of Colby with better wrestling and power

Usman vs. Colby would be an interesting wrestler's style clash. Couldn't pick it really.

RDA is getting close to washed out at this point. 3-3 in his last 6, with 3 of those fights going 25 mins and one other involving him being TKOed.
Your having to include his stats of him fighting at the wrong weight class to pad this narrative that he's washed out

The reality is since moving to WW he has beaten 3 top 15 fighters and just lost a close 48 to 47 decision to the next title challenger. That far from washed out (get this bullshit out of here)

All Colby did was watched the Ferguson whooping RDA footage and made a game plan.

Usman doesn't have the aggression or pace that Colby has, but he has better takedowns and top control. On the feet, it's probably a pretty even fight. Usman hits harder but Colby has very good cardio so he can throw a larger volume of strikes. Colby definitely showed improvement with his stand up against RDA, however a guy that can circle out and fight off the back foot will have a field day with him.

Usman is much faster than Colby. That's the main difference imo. Colby's best shot at winning is if Usman gasses, which I'm not sure he ever has.

Usman is a better grappler and has more power, only thing Colby has on him imo is cardio

Your having to include his stats of him fighting at the wrong weight class to pad this narrative that he's washed out

The reality is since moving to WW he has beaten 3 top 15 fighters and just lost a close 48 to 47 decision to the next title challenger. That far from washed out (get this bullshit out of here)

Nevertheless, he's not getting any younger and has a lot of mileage on him already. All those brutal weight cuts do generally have a long-term negative effect, which doesn't help.

He looked pretty old in the last fight, imo. He could not match Colby's explosiveness and just looked a step slow.

Last edited:
Usman is much faster than Colby. That's the main difference imo. Colby's best shot at winning is if Usman gasses, which I'm not sure he ever has.

I agree with you there. Usman is just the more athletic guy, and when you have two wrestlers facing off, that athleticism can be the deciding factor.

Regarding cardio, I would still give Colby the edge. He would push the pace on Usman and considering Usman is pretty heavily muscled, there's a decent chance he gasses when someone will push a fast pace.

Then again, if RDA took Colby down with relative ease, Usman sure as hell will.

I actually think RDA does much better vs Usman, than against Covington. Covington has pace, decent footwork that has improved, has decent striking. Usman isn't a good striker by any means, he hasn't fought anybody who can defend takedowns. If this is 5 rounds, I think RDA beats him. 3 rounds is a little tougher.

Usman wins pretty comfortably. RDA doesn't have the power to trouble him and Usman can grind all day.

Yeah, no. People had the same analysis of RDA/Cringington and they were wrong. Usman will be too big for RDA, he’ll be all over him and easily 30-27 him. Stupid fight.

To be honest I'm getting sleepy just thinking of this matchup. If one of them doesn't land a lucky punch/kick in the first round it's gonna be boring af.

Back