RDA talks about his next fight

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Here´s the link to the interview with RDA

http://www.ufc.com.br/news/dos-anjos-nova-categoria-cinturao-realizacao-sonho

He says:

"I mande my name in the LW, I´m the first brazilian to be champ in that division. I know it´s not good going up after a loss, but things don´t always turn out the way we plan. My original plan was to defend the LW belt and then go up"

"I asked to fight in the Rio card, but Singapore was an option. I´ve been here more than 10 times, to events, following closely the MMA growth in the country, fans even recognize me here. I´m familiarized with everything, team and friends."

"My opponent is very high level, a former Strikeforce champion, he is inside the top 15 of the divison. As a former LW champion, I believe I deserved to face someone ranked like him."

"I've been visualizing my new route in this category, and everything happens for a reason. Getting another belt would be another dream come true."

Rafael%2Bdos%2BAnjos%2BFlying%2BKnees%2BBen%2BHenderson%2B-%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2BTulsa.gif
tumblr_nzn0nckaxu1upwz95o1_400.gif

Thoughts on this fight and how far can RDA go?

Not far since he left Master Corderio. Karma seems to enjoy picking on traitors

He was unstoppable at LW and I really hope he doesn't end up like Barao

That's weird werdum didn't leave and got ktfo.
He got the W against Mr Rousey while RDA got beaten by Tony. He's moving up a weight class and success moving up a weight class is relatively rare

Bob and Donald should be very proud of pops.

That's weird werdum didn't leave and got ktfo.

There must always be some nefarious reason, or justification for losses. Nobody just loses because the other fighter was better that night, anymore.

RDA is a much better fighter than saffiedine no matter where the fight goes, so I think he takes it. moving up in weight is a great move as he was dying with the LW cut.

He's a bum after USADA.
I agree, I mean he just looked like garbage against Cerrone and went the distance in Mexico against one of the most prolific finishers at LW, what a bum.

I don't think he'll make it into the top 5 but I also didn't think he would become LW champion so RDA will very well be the dark horse at WW only this time we know he is more than capable of standing a threat to damn near everyone.

Back