RDA says he cuts from 195lbs...

Till cuts from 205, hell Carwin used to cut from 6’5” 300 to 6’0” 255

I realize there are bigger WWs than RDA.....they didn't spend the majority of their careers at LW, though.

RDA wasn't 195 lbs in camp for his early UFC fights, he put muscle on after some years at UFC, i think he was like 23, 24 in that pic, he was really skinny compared to Kings MMA RDA

I know and I agree, I was just pointing out that obviously he's not 195lbs while weighing in at 155lbs lol.

RDA says he cuts from 195lbs. How the fuck did he make lightweight? That's the same weight that GSP cut from when he bulked to fight at MW.

I can't time stamp it, but around 8 minutes in he says:

"when I was 16 I weighed 178lbs. Now it doesn't make any sense for a man of 32 years old at 195lbs to cut to down to 155lbs"

I'm an RDA fan, though, so I'm glad to know he won't be undersized in there Against these WW guys.

Ferg cuts from 200

Of course he's not 195lbs there. Those are weigh in pics at 155lbs.

But yes, RDA has packed on some muscle since he got that new s&c coach.

I was referring to when he was a LW still. He gained size over his run at that weight.

Gleison Tibau has legitimately cut 26lbs 24 hours before a fight. To my knowledge no other fighter has ever cut so much weight before.

Gleison is on another level. I remember in one of his interviews, he was asked about his weight cuts, and he basically said the reason he got so good at cutting weight was because when he was younger and living in the favelas, he would sometimes have to go without food for for 1-2 days at a time. He said he would eat dirt just to put something in his stomach.

He's probably carry alot of fat and water weight there, if anything, its the weight a week before the fight that matters.

I compete in ammy MT, and tend to cut quite a bit for an ammy here. I'm 170lbs a week before the fight (for 155), but going by this, I'm 190-205 before starting camp. It doesn't mean anything. First couple of weeks after dieting properly and getting back into the swing of things, I lose up to 6lbs. Thats mostly water weight, only 1.5-2lbs is actually fat loss

Back