RDA ruined the True Conor Era.

Your math is kind of shitty.

Neither Diaz fight was for a title. Conor is 3-0 in title fights in the UFC.

Let's check his fight history and see what we get...

2ufynb6.png

ukNTMFo.gif

But then we'd never have your tears to enjoy from the first Diaz fight TS

What era?
A champ's era is defined by his first successful title defense.

Conor has no title defenses, he has no era.

These Connie nuthuggers are going bat sh!t crazy with the fear of Conor sport jumping and thankfully abandoning mma. Champs that don't defend their belts need to go dry their lady parts and leave the sport to real fighters not posers...

McGregor%20soother_1.jpg

Conor made a lot of posters here believe in conspiracy theories and get emotional in threads. Not his fault you guys have nothing meaningful going on in your lives lmao
My life is objectively better than yours.

What era?
A champ's era is defined by his first successful title defense.

Conor has no title defenses, he has no era.
Blah blah blah title defenses. DJ has 10 defenses and people still don't take him seriously. lol

Let's check his fight history and see what we get...

2ufynb6.png

ukNTMFo.gif

Really? Doubling-down on your claim that the Diaz fights were title fights? Bold strategy.

Dance around all you like, little one. Still doesn't make them title fights.

But hey, pretending is fun, yeah?

Conor took the fight at 170 because Nate couldn't make weight, Conor has balls and didn't even have to take the fight. It was a risk considering his rise and fame.

You don't seem to understand the term styles make fights. Nate has durability, height/reach, and the boxing to counteract Conor's strengths.

I was not arguing whether Nate is or isn't a tough matchup for Conor; I was saying Conor picked him as an opponent and the weight he wanted to fight at - then he lost and came up with some of the most epic excuse making job in the history of mma.

Conor had Just KOed Jose Aldo in 13 seconds and become the UFC featherweight champion. He was undefeated in the UFC. He was basically untouchable having KOed everyone but 1 opponent. Then he decided to fight RDA at lightweight. I have no doubt in my mind he would have KOed him even worse than sloppy Eddie did. He would have become 2 weight world champion WITHOUT fighting Nate Diaz at 170 twice. But RDA pulled out last minute. I partly blame conor for fighting someone much larger on 11 days notice. He should have just waited for RDA.

Conor would still be undefeated in the UFC and be the Featherweight and lightweight champion. He then could have either defended the Lightweight or featherweight belt, or retire on top and be a legend. Then go box mayweather and leave the game rich. Fuck RDA.
You are a Conor nuthugger and not a fan of mma. Fuck you

I was not arguing whether Nate is or isn't a tough matchup for Conor; I was saying Conor picked him as an opponent and the weight he wanted to fight at - then he lost and came up with some of the most epic excuse making job in the history of mma.

Nate couldn't make 155, and literally every fighter comes up with excuses after a loss. Difference is Conor went back to the same weight class and beat him in a rematch.

Conor would still be undefeated in the UFC and be the Featherweight and lightweight champion. He then could have either defended the Lightweight or featherweight belt, or retire on top and be a legend. Then go box mayweather and leave the game rich. Fuck RDA.

{<huh}

Thinking Conor would have defended his belts after beating RDA and not sought a third title shot at WW or the Mayweather fight...

CM ruined his own "era", if there is one, by taking the easy path too many times.
He'll always be remembered as very 'celebrated' fighter that was given a gifted path by zuffa.

Would you have preferred Conor to have won the fight off of a an injured champ? Gee how glorious that would be and would definitely not just make people question his match ups even more than they already do.

Also if you think RDA is smaller than Diaz then you are out of your mind. RDA cuts around 40lbs+ to get to LW. Nate is 180 max. If he weighed much more he wouldn't have been able to make weight on time and preform like he did on 11 days notice.

If Conor fought RDA he would have been going up against a much bigger opponent anyway.

Conor asked for the fight and lost. He was cocky and got punished for it. It isn't RDA's fault that the wholes in Conor's game came to haunt him. Take solace in the fact that he improved and didn't just quit after loosing. Conor's a grown ass man, he doesn't need his fans to excuse his fuck ups.

Naw I'm glad I can forever say that Conor's weak ass ground game was exposed by nate...making him 2-1 in his last 3 title fights.

Awe inspiring? Nope.

Preferential treatment to get his hands on two belts? yup!
According to eddie bravo, his ground game Is solid. I'd trust his word over the average fan. Obviously Nate is a wizard on the ground though and he's a legit blackbelt. Getting rolled on the ground against him doesn't necessarily mean his jits is weak. Obviously there's levels

it's fine you're a fan of conor, but let's not be retarded here.

ROFL, don't you get it? Being a Conor fan means you're retarded. They didnt start watching MMA, or even just UFC... they only watch to see Conor... they have zero logic when it comes to this, yet feel their worthless entitled opinions matter.

According to eddie bravo, his ground game Is solid. I'd trust his word over the average fan. Obviously Nate is a wizard on the ground though and he's a legit blackbelt. Getting rolled on the ground against him doesn't necessarily mean his jits is weak. Obviously there's levels
Saying Conor's ground game is bad is off the mark but saying it is solid is off the mark as well. It is incomplete and unrefined. He doesn't train for it. It is never part of his plan to go to the ground. He trains for one aspect of the ground game, escapes.

Saying his ground game is bad is not completely true. It Would be more apt to say that a brown belt in bjj should have much better ground game than Conor displays.

Conor needed to get humbled by Diaz to evolve as a fighter. It was a blessing in disguise.

this is from that exact same article: "While Diaz admits the difficulty of competing at 155 pounds, the fiery Stockton, Calif., native said he cut less than 10 pounds in the final weeks before the Monday fight. Nevertheless, Diaz said he felt drained after three rounds."

he's even quoting to cut the same he always does, which was 10lbs... for a lightweight fight.

i'd agree he probably cut something up to 10lbs in the second fight. this whole shitstorm of a debate was over the first one, though. and when you weigh 2lbs under the limit, on 10 days notice, you aren't cutting shit more than a sauna trip.
He's been known to walk around pretty light while In camp @ lightweight. Eats mostly raw vegan, very little animal food or anabolic / building foods and restricted calories. Take a guy on an extremely restricted diet and feed him some meat, carbs, calories and he'll blow up pretty fast. Can attest to this from experience.

Who knows what he was cuttin for the first fight. Given the fact that he was walking around @ 175 for lightweight and that he was pretty far removed from camp / pigging out and drinking beer in cabo and the fact that he had a bit of fat on him during the fight..you have to figure he cut at least 10. Probably more. And he was much bigger for the 2nd fight so you just have to kind of read between the lines on that one

I'll also say that cutting is a broad term and doesn't just mean dehydrating themselves In the sauna or bath. It also entails cutting out certain carbs,drinking massive quantities of water to eliminate salt retention, natural diuretics, removal of sugar and some anabolic foods, eating more fruits and vegetables / salads. If a guy says they're cutting 20 pounds, It doesn't always mean they're bleeding themselves dry In the sauna. Especially today, more fighters are emphasizing "doing right" which means through diet, nutrition and working their fucking asses off. Post weigh In they probably wont be gaining back as much weight as someone who cut the same amount In water, but take a guy who's been on an extremely restricted diet for X amount of time and feed him a bunch of meat, fish, eggs and CALORIES..and they'll definitely put on a good amount of weight. Just wanted to clarify the cutting thing since you said cutting means dehydration.

It means a lot of things

Back