Rda about Ferguson's awful eyepoke and how it affected the fight.

Look a these gifs. After losing the 1st round clearly, Tony repeatedly tries to poke him in the eye.
Then when he lands a clean poke he starts talking shit and trying to capitalize.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

How can anyone be a fan of this asshole? Lol

Eye poke or not, that was one hell of a victory for Ferguson. I am a RDA fan, and I do agree that the eye poke hurt him, but look, Ferguson has a sick win streak, the dude deserves all the respect and props. Ferguson's heart is bigger than anyone's at LW at the moment.

But RDA is def one of the best LW of all time.

Look a these gifs. After losing the 1st round clearly, Tony repeatedly tries to poke him in the eye.
Then when he lands a clean poke he starts talking shit and trying to capitalize.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Mostly failures projecting fergusons success as their own imo. People live vicariously through these fighters, it's really sad. Yoel has a lot of the same type of fans, only fans because he winning atm but they were the same people bashing him a year ago for steroids and sitting on the stool and winning close decision vs Jacare.

Hell if you listened to ferguson fans you'd think he beat RDA bell to bell when in reality it wss 2-2 going into the 5th and that was RDA last fight at LW for a reason on top of it in Mexico city. Tonys fanbase has reached a level of 2011 shogun fan delusion.

Once Ferguson loses he'll have like 3 fans on here I bet lol

Mostly failures projecting fergusons success as their own imo. People live vicariously through these fighters, it's really sad. Yoel has a lot of the same type of fans, only fans because he winning atm but they were the same people bashing him a year ago for steroids and sitting on the stool and winning close decision vs Jacare.

Hell if you listened to ferguson fans you'd think he beat RDA bell to bell when in reality it wss 2-2 going into the 5th and that was RDA last fight at LW for a reason on top of it in Mexico city. Tonys fanbase has reached a level of 2011 shogun fan delusion.

Once Ferguson loses he'll have like 3 fans on here I bet lol

LOL. Wow...just wow.

Yep I like watching Ferg fight. But man you are the one doing some serious projecting if you think everyone else is that emotionally invested in certain fighters.

I've been around here a long time, fan of MMA almost 10 years prior to that. Liked watching a lot of guys fight but I'm remembering more and more why I stick to the MMA betting forum and avoid the heavies. So many clowns here.

Those gifs don't even approach showing intention on Tony's part. The pawing motions to find range happen all the time. It's just hilarious that RDA and now bozos here would use that as an excuse. Evidently now an accidental eye poke makes a guy's output drop off while his better conditioned opponent ups their output.

This place...some things don't change.

Those gifs don't even approach showing intention on Tony's part. The pawing motions to find range happen all the time. It's just hilarious that RDA and now bozos here would use that as an excuse. Evidently now an accidental eye poke makes a guy's output drop off while his better conditioned opponent ups their output.

And the shit talking after clearly landing a poke?

that eyepoke from ferguson is a bitch move. he likes to make some dirty stuff when hes not winning the fight.

LOL. Wow...just wow.

Yep I like watching Ferg fight. But man you are the one doing some serious projecting if you think everyone else is that emotionally invested in certain fighters.

I've been around here a long time, fan of MMA almost 10 years prior to that. Liked watching a lot of guys fight but I'm remembering more and more why I stick to the MMA betting forum and avoid the heavies. So many clowns here.

"better conditioned" says who? he went to see double after that eyepoke. rematch at WW and I'm pretty sure RDA whoops him

Again this eye pokes bs
Unless you get blind or cut you're fine,since why you keep fighting.

If you watch the fight with open eyes and even listen to the commentary, it was actually a decent showing of sportsmanship by Ferg. Herb Dean hadn’t stopped the fight or intervened, but Tony backed off from attacking when he saw RDA touching his eye. He didn’t have to without ref interference. Hence, why he was yelling at RDA....Basically asking what he wanted to do, take the timeout or to keep fighting. It was a high stakes fight and intense situation. A lot of that situation was error on Dean. Eye pokes are unfortunate, but not always intentional, and they happen quite often. Tony took a pretty bad eye poke from Lee shortly before Lee got the mount on him, but you never hear anybody complaining about it.

Cringe King Tony gets the W any way he can. Everyone knows he's a cringy d-bag but the dude can scrap.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Seriously. Hopefully The Eagle mauls this clown so bad he never fights again!

Rda was owning Ferg before the eyepoke, defo changed the fight.

he got a point, an eye poke definitely takes you out of your concentration.
But IMO he got tired as well, so we will never know what would have happened.

But eye pokes have to be penalized more. No matter if on purpose or not. do that and a lot less eye poles will happen. I am 100% sure of it.

Did he take the 5 minutes? Im guessing not, since no fighters take the full 5 minutes.

I don't understand....Take the fucking 5 minutes at least.

He didn't and he looked ready to fight when he came back.

i'm pretty sure RDA wasn't owning him before it.

tony was still pretty impressive though, fighting at that pace in mexico for 5 rounds and not getting tired.

RDA writing his big book

Giving an explanation is not the same thing as making an excuse. Without knowing the context of RDA's commentary, it's ridiculous to say it's an excuse. If the interviewer asked him about the poke, it's completely reasonable to give his honest assessment. And a bad eye poke could completely change the trajectory of a fight. I'm not sure why any of this is difficult to understand.

Did he take the 5 minutes? Im guessing not, since no fighters take the full 5 minutes.

Eye pokes have never been treated like illegal strikes. You either tell the ref/doctor you can continue, or you say you can't see and the fight gets waived off. This isn't a new issue. If you waive off the fight, you'll get accused of chickening out of the fight. If you keep fighting and talk about it later, then "fans" say it was just an excuse. That's Sherdog being Sherdog.

It's a fight. I will break down how I see the entire thing if you want:

Did Tony poke RDA in the eye? Yes, no question in my mind he got him in the eye. How badly? Impossible to say, but for sure his finger found RDA's eye.
Was it intentional? There is no way to know for sure, but Tony doesn't have a history of it at all and accidental eye pokes happen all the time. So probably not.
Was him yapping and making gestures after it cool? Not really, but there's also a chance that Tony didn't think the eye poke was that bad or really got RDA's eye all that much and he thought RDA was milking it or something like that. It's certainly not the end of the world, and getting hung up on it is inane.

You get five minutes to recover for a nutshot. Not for an eyepoke.

That's why the better refs like Big John always take along time sorting things out with both fighters and then getting the doctor to check the eye, etc. He's buying the guy some time to clear his eyes a bit.

"better conditioned" says who? he went to see double after that eyepoke. rematch at WW and I'm pretty sure RDA whoops him

Oh wait YOU are pretty sure of it? Well damn, then it MUST be true!

Better conditioned because RDA noticeably and CLEARLY was moving more slowly starting about halfway through round 3. It was Mexico City, and pretty much everyone on that card slowed down and looked tired later in fights. Everyone EXCEPT Tony. So yeah, based on EVIDENCE that I saw with my own eyes, Tony was better conditioned.

Obviously I'm not gonna stop you from living in your fantasy world of "what ifs", but I'll go with what I know, because I got to see it. Tony took over and dominated the second half of the fight and is the better fighter.

Back