Razor Ramon(e') is underrated, and underappreciated as a pioneer.

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
Razor Ramon was the beginning of the attitude era. He changed a lot.

First make a wish grantor

First choke slam I remember, and origin of moves like last ride..

His attitude inspired a lot of what you saw in the 90s.

He looked a little better at raw 25. You could actually tell who he was, at least. That was good to see.

Guys like Jim Ross and others have often praised RR for the incredible mind he has for the business. Supposedly he was the one who gave Sting the crow gimmick.

When he's sober, you can watch/listen to him and tell he is an absolute fountain of knowledge.

You know he's underrated and underappreciated when you, the TS, even misspells his name in the thread title :)

Idk, he’s always been talked about as being one of the best and having such a great mind for the business. When the wrestlemania 10 ladder match is talked about as being revolutionary, Razor is always mentioned and not just mentioned because he was Shawn’s opponent. Scott just always got in his own way for a variety of reasons.

He smashed Kevin Nash in the PWD poll twice.

Back tot he topic, I don't think he is underrated by fans nor by his peers. Everyone speaks highly of his talent, in ring skills, and his work. He was his own undoing, really and he never had aspirations to be great or to move up the card. He just wanted to wrestle, make money, and put on good matches. He never cared for championships or prestige and that's likely why some may think he is underrated or underappreciated but that's definitely not the case.

"I don't want all the money in the world. I just want a lot of it."

WtUO5Wp.gif

thread of the year!

I always heard that about him, I would think since he's DDP sober now WWE should use him as a agent or part of the writing/promo team. Him and Jake Roberts should actually do that

I always heard that about him, I would think since he's DDP sober now WWE should use him as a agent or part of the writing/promo team. Him and Jake Roberts should actually do that
They do occasionally, unfortunately they're not prepared to offer the kind of money that would get them interested in a full time basis so they end up with lesser talents in those roles.

They do occasionally, unfortunately they're not prepared to offer the kind of money that would get them interested in a full time basis so they end up with lesser talents in those roles.

Yea that makes sense, also they probably not the biggest fan of the product and what they would want to do probably wouldn't happen to. In a separate note, has any TUF winner actually became a success? I know josh and that hot chick that last won aren't in no more but just curious. Miz didn't win and Maven wasn't that good.

Yea that makes sense, also they probably not the biggest fan of the product and what they would want to do probably wouldn't happen to. In a separate note, has any TUF winner actually became a success? I know josh and that hot chick that last won aren't in no more but just curious. Miz didn't win and Maven wasn't that good.
Yeah it seems like they'd rather have yes men. I never really liked tough enough so I can't recall all winners but I guess Johnny Nitro/Morrison/Mundo is probably the most successful of them. He had a decent run in wwe, went to Lucha underground and is in tna now.

Razor Ramon was the beginning of the attitude era. He changed a lot.

First make a wish grantor

Pretty sure i remember him saying that this was his actual belt and he had to ring Vince up so he could get a new one quickly for upcoming shows

Yeah it seems like they'd rather have yes men. I never really liked tough enough so I can't recall all winners but I guess Johnny Nitro/Morrison/Mundo is probably the most successful of them. He had a decent run in wwe, went to Lucha underground and is in tna now.
I thought he was a runner up, I always was a fan of his skills. Yea the yes men and Hollywood writers... I don't watch, I skim results and I might go find a youtube clip of something interesting the last time I watched a non "PPV" was in end of 2015 .. last ppv event on the network I watched was WM in 2016. I just can't watch it no more, it's not for me, I grew up watching the late 80's all the way up to 2015 a few breaks in between. I still like to know what's going on and I can't wait until the day I can get back into it.

He still falls off the wagon a couple times a year, unfortunately. I wish the guy all the best though.

Back