Raymond Daniels is important for the sport

I was at the Bellatorkb/MMA event. I paid 35 bucks for a signing meet and greet with Fedor, lower level seats, and 8 hours of combat sports. Needless to say I left exhausted and happy with money well spent. The kickboxing matches weren't top tier, but leagues ahead of the mma fights. Beggars can't be choosers over here. With that said, its obviously not the top of the top, but it was entertaining at least live.

I love muay thai, and I enjoy watching the stadium fights, but I also want more opportunities for pure stand up fighters to make more money. Scott Coker has a proven record of building a reputable organization with a solid stable of fighters. MMA fighters often hail the night and day interaction dealing with Coker versus White. Maybe it fails, but as a striking fan in the U.S, one can hope the Viacom backed organization will take root.

Last edited:
Then watch Shoot Boxing, Muay Thai, or Japanese Kickboxing.
I can't as don't have the time but if there was a united Kickboxing rule set which would get your Muay Thai, Shoot Boxing, Full Contact, Dutch/Japanese style fights in the ring like MMA and Boxing then things would be a lot clearer.

The best case scenario IMO would be Bellator KB buidling up a solid fan base, generate revenue and then starting to bring in the real big guns.That would probably mean that guys like Daniels and Schilling get whooped, but hopefully it will follow the MMA pattern with people just accepting the new champion without a significant drop off in viewer numbers.

I can't as don't have the time but if there was a united Kickboxing rule set which would get your Muay Thai, Shoot Boxing, Full Contact, Dutch/Japanese style fights in the ring like MMA and Boxing then things would be a lot clearer.
Dutch and Japanese Kickboxing aren't same

Dutch and Japanese Kickboxing aren't same
Don't add more fuel to the fire. He's been whining about how all Kickboxing is different for years. That and a desire to eliminate leg kicks, ad nauseam.

Back