Ray Mercer vs Randy Couture Would Had Made More Sense.

...but they wanted the MMA guy to win.

15fn9t4.gif

Ray "Merciless" Mercer undefeated in MMA.

Did Mercer go for a double leg after the punch? I've never noticed that before.

Did Mercer go for a double leg after the punch? I've never noticed that before.
No he fell forward because he threw with so much abandon. Here’s another angle

But ya it looks like he did wrap him at the end.

When James Toney fought Couture, the fight was made simply because Toney demanded to fight in the UFC and to fight one of their best. Kimbo Slice was originally offered for him to fight but Toney turned it down.

Yet I always felt that Mercer would had been a much better opponent as a boxer for Couture to fight.

Although Mercer was retired unlike Toney and both were over the hill, Mercer still had actual MMA experienced. He fought and quickly knocked out a top ten fighter at the time whom Couture went the distance with to win the UFC HW title.

But both Mercer and Couture also shared very similar traits which would had made the story behind the fight much more respectable. Both were in the army, both were associated with the Olympics (Mercer won Gold in boxing) both started late in their respected sports because of the military, and both defeated younger studs while being underdogs (Mercer will always be known for destroying the Tommy Morrison hype).

Couture would had won the match, but I feel Mercer would had presented a tougher fight than Toney did.

Couture fighting any boxer is stupid. A fun fight is a MMA fighter who doesn't have as strong of wrestling base fighting a boxer. James Toney vs CroCop or Wandy would have been way more interesting. Who the hell wants to see a MMA guy ankle pick a boxer and end the fight?

When James Toney fought Couture, the fight was made simply because Toney demanded to fight in the UFC and to fight one of their best. Kimbo Slice was originally offered for him to fight but Toney turned it down.

Yet I always felt that Mercer would had been a much better opponent as a boxer for Couture to fight.

Although Mercer was retired unlike Toney and both were over the hill, Mercer still had actual MMA experienced. He fought and quickly knocked out a top ten fighter at the time whom Couture went the distance with to win the UFC HW title.

But both Mercer and Couture also shared very similar traits which would had made the story behind the fight much more respectable. Both were in the army, both were associated with the Olympics (Mercer won Gold in boxing) both started late in their respected sports because of the military, and both defeated younger studs while being underdogs (Mercer will always be known for destroying the Tommy Morrison hype).

Couture would had won the match, but I feel Mercer would had presented a tougher fight than Toney did.

"Would had" doesn't exist in English.

Use "would have".

Also, Couture got his black belt after beating Toney, what a joke.

Toney would’ve knocked out Big Tim if Tim lumbered face exposed towards him as well. Never any good video of that fight but i don’t know what Tim could’ve expected. Maybe he threw it.

Mercer got ragdolled by Kimbo. Only thing he has over Toney in MMA is that Mercer knows how to tap.

Mercer got ragdolled by Kimbo. Only thing he has over Toney in MMA is that Mercer knows how to tap.

LOL Mercer did not get ragdolled by Kimbo. Mercer stopped short from breaking Kimbo's jaw and not fully connecting with his right cross when Kimbo came rushing in. And that choke was weak. That was Coleman vs Takada all over again.

" The bout was originally meant to be a boxing match, however the athletic commission changed its mind at the last minute and declared the fight illegal. The fight still went ahead as Mercer agreed to fight Sylvia under MMA Rules with a verbal agreement between the two to stand and box. " Posted under the video

Big Tim got instant karma for the leg kick.

Dude who gives a fuck? This is a MMA forum not a college paper.

College paper? You mean nursery school grammar?

If English is your first language, you're slow. You made the mistake repeatedly, that's how I knew it wasn't a typo.

I'm helping you to not sound like a retard.

Just thank me and implement your newly found knowledge into your everyday speech. Alternatively, you could continue to speak incorrectly and be proud of your ignorance.

Back