Ratings slip

Johnny Redd

White Belt
@White
Reaction score

In this vid Chael @ 23:00 for about 3 minutes starts to say the reason why we have seen a ratings decline in MMA overall (both UFC & Bellator) is upped supply. Is this true?

In this vid Chael @ 23:00 for about 3 minutes starts to say the reason why we have seen a ratings decline in MMA overall (both UFC & Bellator) is upped supply. Is this true?

It's not true. People just don't care as much.

The allure has worn off.

I mean I watch all the mma I can get (Bellator, Rizin, PFL, LFA, etc.) However, for most that is not the case. My buddies will watch with me from time to time, but only if there are title fights or huge names.

Tomorrow's card will do pretty well, because it's a big card with names and title fights. Too many cards (UFC and Bellator) have cards with no titles on the line, have only 1 true marquee matchup (Moraes vs Rivera), or have many fighters you don't know unless you really follow the sport. The oversaturation of cards means we get more shows, but also means the "quality" of the shows and fighters is down. That's gonna lead to a lot of cards less hardcore fans are gonna skip.

Tomorrow's card will do pretty well, because it's a big card with names and title fights. Too many cards (UFC and Bellator) have cards with no titles on the line, have only 1 true marquee matchup (Moraes vs Rivera), or have many fighters you don't know unless you really follow the sport. The oversaturation of cards means we get more shows, but also means the "quality" of the shows and fighters is down. That's gonna lead to a lot of cards less hardcore fans are gonna skip.
Sadly Romero/Whittaker 1 and Romero/Rockhold only did 130-150k. I understand there was circumstances to that, but there's still a chance this rematch wouldn't draw anything - especially since this PPV has no real title being defended on it.

The saving factor is probably CM Punk though, who seems to be worth at least an additional 100k alone.

Sadly Romero/Whittaker 1 and Romero/Rockhold only did 130-150k. I understand there was circumstances to that, but there's still a chance this rematch wouldn't draw anything - especially since this PPV has no real title being defended on it.

The saving factor is probably CM Punk though, who seems to be worth at least an additional 100k alone.

That PPV is STACKED, it would truly unfortunate for it to do poorly.

Back