Rating Danny Garcia...

I think Kell is good but he hasn't shown me he can beat Danny.

I think people have these ugly fights fresh in their heads and they think because he had an ugly fight that just anyone whoOps garcia lol

I totally agree. I think that in combination with the fact that they hate his father causes people to minimize his ability as a fighter. I mean can you think of another active fighter as accomplished as Danny that is looked down upon as much? I just don't get it man......

Elite fighters don't lose to Herrera or get given all they can handle by Lamont Peterson. Danny hasn't had a good win since 2013 and Matthysse is a good fighter, certainly not A level though. People forget how close that fight was also. Danny was exposed by Herrera and has been fighting either weak or average opposition ever since. He'll probably end up fighting Berto next... Garcia is wasting his prime whilst fighting such uninspiring opposition. I think all the ww's mentioned beat him

Last edited:
I'm not sure how long we're all supposed to be impressed by a victory over Khan and Lucas Mathysse in 2012-2013.

Elite fighters don't lose to Herrera or get given all they can handle by Lamont Peterson. Danny hasn't had a good win since 2013 and Matthysse is a good fighter, certainly not A level though. People forget how close that fight was also. Danny was exposed by Herrera and has been fighting either weak or average opposition ever since. He'll probably end up fighting Berto next... Garcia is wasting his prime whilst fighting such uninspiring opposition. I think all the ww's mentioned beat him

Elite fighters don't have tough fights???, and DG did not lose to Herrera. Lamont Peterson may not beat them but can definitely give anyone at 140 a tough fight. Mattysse was a killer was suppose to stop the flat footed Danny and you remember what happened right? Never hurt in a fight or knocked down until he faced Danny. Beat Morales, Lamont, Khan, Judah, Mattysse and was the man at 140, and your telling me that DG is not an elite fighter??? It's one thing to say he would he would lose to the top WW but to even think that he is not elite is beyond insane.

Until some one really beats him

Yeah but he has to fight somebody worth a damn for that to even be a possibility. His stock was very high a few years ago but you have to do something to maintains that.

I am from Maryland, I really want to be a Garcia fan because I consider Philadelphia a neighboring city. I am inclined to like East Coast guys. I would be more than happy to hop back on the Garcia bandwagon.

Danny has the tools and durability to beat or give anyone at or around 147 a heck of a fight. Time and time again he HAD proved he was a legit and that you can never count him out. He already won most people over 3 years ago.
As of today though him being underrated is 100% his fault. He killed the momentum hes had by not fighting anyone who is A level and relevant. He has openly turned down big fights to struggle and look pedestrian against B level fighters. There are and has always been too many A level guys at this weight to settle for some of the challengers hes taken. After 3 years you have to wonder why they are afraid to put him back in there with killers. Especially when hes not impressing against a much lower tier of fighter. Too many great fights have and will be made. You know youre not doing it right when several less experienced contenders have more of a buzz and hype than the undefeated super talented champ. Yet you have the same promotion as most of them. Blame Danny or Angel dont blame the forum.

I don't know if he had a bad or uncomfortable gameplan, and just eeked out enough to win, but Keith Thurman's last fight with Porter made him look more beatable than ever to me. DSG should take that fight, lot's of opportunities for Swift in that fight I think, Keith looks good right now, taking his "0" would look good, and it's a close fight, and a good gamble to silence the critics.

I don't know if he had a bad or uncomfortable gameplan, and just eeked out enough to win, but Keith Thurman's last fight with Porter made him look more beatable than ever to me.
Thurman requires some space to have maximum effect. He'll work inside, but he isn't very good at it.

I'm not sure how long we're all supposed to be impressed by a victory over Khan and Lucas Mathysse in 2012-2013.
Peterson wasn't a good win?

Peterson wasn't a good win?

It was okay. I don't consider Peterson anything special, the guy hardly ever fights and has not done anything impressive since beating Khan in 2011.

Beats Khan, uses steroids, gets knocked out by Lucas, has two wins that nobody really cared about, then suddenly he's supposed to be a huge fight for the lineal champion at 140? I didn't really care about that fight the way other people seemed to.

Elite fighters don't have tough fights???, and DG did not lose to Herrera. Lamont Peterson may not beat them but can definitely give anyone at 140 a tough fight. Mattysse was a killer was suppose to stop the flat footed Danny and you remember what happened right? Never hurt in a fight or knocked down until he faced Danny. Beat Morales, Lamont, Khan, Judah, Mattysse and was the man at 140, and your telling me that DG is not an elite fighter??? It's one thing to say he would he would lose to the top WW but to even think that he is not elite is beyond insane.
he isn't elite. Herrera beat him either 7-5 or 8-4 and was robbed. Judah and Morales were shot fighters when Danny beat beat them. Khan and Matthysse are good wins nothing more. Any good puncher at ww or lw should be knocking Khan out and like I said Matthysse is a good fighter but has always been B level. Lamont Peterson is decent but any elite fighter beats him convincingly. Danny arguably lost that fight. If you think Garcia is elite you just have very low standards for what an elite fighter is.

Yeah but he has to fight somebody worth a damn for that to even be a possibility. His stock was very high a few years ago but you have to do something to maintains that.

I am from Maryland, I really want to be a Garcia fan because I consider Philadelphia a neighboring city. I am inclined to like East Coast guys. I would be more than happy to hop back on the Garcia bandwagon.

I agree but it goes both ways. It's high time these welterweights fight eachother. Seems like Spence is the only one calling everyone out

Last edited:
he isn't elite. Herrera beat him either 7-5 or 8-4 and was robbed. Judah and Morales were shot fighters when Danny beat beat them. Khan and Matthysse are good wins nothing more. Any good puncher at ww or lw should be knocking Khan out and like I said Matthysse is a good fighter but has always been B level. Lamont Peterson is decent but any elite fighter beats him convincingly. Danny arguably lost that fight. If you think Garcia is elite you just have very low standards for what an elite fighter is.

Fact. Garcia beat everyone in front of him. He's elite but not unbeatable. Herrera wasnt robbed. It was a very ugly fight that did Danny no favors

Last edited:

Apparently to some on this forum, indefinitely.

Why so many continue to defend Garcia's career is beyond me

Apparently to some on this forum, indefinitely.

Why so many continue to defend Garcia's career is beyond me

I think it's more just not shitting on his career compared to glorifying it. No one at welter has done anything really.

I think it's more just not shitting on his career compared to glorifying it. No one at welter has done anything really.

Thurman is a bit more accomplished at the weight - but just barely. WW is prime for a tournament. Thurman, Porter, Garcia, Brook, Spence and Bradley.

Back