Rating Danny Garcia...

Breaducce

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I wanted to get a sense of everyone's perspective on Danny Garcia's chances against the Top WW's in the world. From the comments that I read I get the sense that Danny is being underrated and I think he has the skills to give all the top WW's in the world hell. I think Danny is still being severely underrated even after everything he accomplished at 140. So in your opinion what are Danny's chances against Kell, Keith, Errol, and Porter?

He'd beat Spence, Porter, and Kell. Loses to Keef.

Bradley could go either way.

Keef is #1 at 147 right now

I think he beats Keith the easiest, Kell and Spence fights can go either way and would be great fights.

Threads like this never end well but I'll bite. I think he might have a better chance against spence than anyone else. I would favor keith and kell to beat him. Sean Porter would be a good fight but I can really see porter having success if he doesnt get too wild while putting the pressure onto danny similar to peterson.

Danny is a strange guy to predict fights on because he has had rounds in some fights were he has looked absolutely incredible and then he has had rounds in other fights were he looked like a total amateur. Though it looks like he has slowly declined since the matthyse fight imo

Its fashionable to hate on Garcia right now but the guy has been a winner so far, despite the criticisms that get piled on the guy. His style is not always pretty and he seems to struggle with grinders, guys who don't mind taking two to give one. I could see Porter giving him a rough fight but then, Porter can be countered.

Its really time for Garcia to take a step up. Personally, I don't feel he's been moved as slowly as some like to say but he definitely needs a test at welter in one of his next couple of fights.

Its fashionable to hate on Garcia right now but the guy has been a winner so far, despite the criticisms that get piled on the guy. His style is not always pretty and he seems to struggle with grinders, guys who don't mind taking two to give one. I could see Porter giving him a rough fight but then, Porter can be countered.

Its really time for Garcia to take a step up. Personally, I don't feel he's been moved as slowly as some like to say but he definitely needs a test at welter in one of his next couple of fights.

I don't think it's fashionable to question Garcia, I just think it has become unavoidable. Garcia is not a guy who needed multiple tune-up fights at welterweight just because he moved up 4 pounds from 143 to 147. He outgrew his division, it's not like he's jumping weight classes to test himself.

I think the attitude that guys need so much time to develop after every small change is spoiling boxing in some ways. Garcia was lineal champ at 140. His first fight at 147 should have been a legit opponent like Diego Chaves, and his second should have been a big fight with Thurman or Porter.

Did Ricky Hatton need 3 tuneups to fight Floyd? No, and he did not even have to move up. He chose to move up to challenge the p4p #1 fighter in the world, then he moved back down. What is there to be scared of for Garcia? He's a big welterweight. Is he suddenly going to get battered because he's fighting guys closer to his own size? If so, then he's just not as good as he's been made out to be.

He's paying for it with his bank account, because his paydays are a small fraction of the paydays guys make who take risks.

What is Diego Chaves up to? That guy would beat the hell out of Guerrero. He should sign with PBC so we can see him fight those other welterweights. I'd like to see him be more active.

Porter, Spence and brook and most likely Keith Thurman wouild decisively defeat him .

And it's not fashionable to hate on Garcia...

It's just that he takes shit fights, is inactive and doesn't fight to his potential...

The only guy who is more frustrating than him while being very talented is Andre ward.

Danny Garcia was paving his way to becoming a superstar...but he decided to be a diva, and take shit fights.

Last edited:

Pfft, atleast Kell outlanded Porter. Keith Won cause he made him miss more.

I just want him to fight the best guys that are out there. Big fight danny G. c'mon.

i hope he fight broner next. broner is free now amd a fight with him and danny would be fun as hell. the build up could bring in a ton pf people and the fight would be great.

I think fights with Thurman and Porter are close, but I give Danny a good chance there. His timing is good enough to give them both trouble coming in.

I've been on the Spence wagon for quite a while, and Errol's destruction of Algieri was pretty impressive. I think I'd favor him to beat Garcia - put in the body work early, and then move around him in the later rounds. I think Peterson had a good gameplan against Danny but he waiting too long to get going. Spence should be able to slow Garcia down earlier. I think Errols body work is the real difference there.

Brook would be a good boxing match. Both guys trying to set up their rear hand. I think I favor Garcia there to win with a higher work rate. Brook would probably sell his punches a little better but Garcia would hustle enough to turn the rounds (then again I thought something similar about Porter and that fight still went Brooks way).

The question to me is whether or not Danny's power is enough at 147. He was smacking the shit out of Guerrero and Robert didn't look like he was going anywhere. Granted it, Guerrero is a tough customer - but he had already been put down by Thurman and Martinez in his last two fights. I'm thinking he's got enough power for welterweight, but he's not a big puncher there. None of those fights are easy for him, especially considering his level of competition lately.

DSG is not going to beat spence or brook. lol, wtf are you guys thinking.

I'd like to see him fight any of those guys. Only guy DSG has a chance of beating is Porter.

I think he's obviously the worst of the bunch.

I'm not sold that Keith and kell beat garcia. Garcia is good and has a bettet resume than both of them easily

I'd like to see him fight any of those guys. Only guy DSG has a chance of beating is Porter.

I think Kell is good but he hasn't shown me he can beat Danny.

I think people have these ugly fights fresh in their heads and they think because he had an ugly fight that just anyone whoOps garcia lol

Why is him beating Spence or brook so out of the question? I just don't understand how someone who has accomplished so much can be so underrated and looked over so much. Danny Garcia has more than enough skill and heart to beat anyone in the WW division and I anticipate him hurting a lot of feelings when he faces the top guys there. Say what you want about Angel but he is right about two things, his son earned his status as a top elite fighter, and is too often disrespected as a fighter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back