Ratethisgear guy: Winning H1600 Review

Good call, I've seen the same footage of Rigondeaux sparring in it as well.

A lot of guys who came from the amateurs in places like Cuba still use open face headgear to train in.

Would be nice if the AIBA would approve this headgear for competition use.

Would you think I could still use this headgear for competition?

Do the sanctioned events really check? As long as the headgear is open like this, I don't think they'll mind.

In Puerto Rico I've seen guys fight sanctioned events in fg2900's.

In the UK, very good chance theyd check and you wouldnt be able to use it if it doesnt have the AIBA stamp. Dont know what its like in the US.

yeah, I'm wondering how it is in US too. Notice how the headgear has a little stamp on the Velcro.

Would that not be good enough?

2w2iss7.jpg

Would depend totally on the promoter and event staff.

In the ammys there's all sorts of things can slip through the cracks, but other times you get guys who run a tight ship and they don't miss anything.

The headgear looks awesome, but there's no way you'd get away with wearing it in a sanction fight around these parts. Our LBC is ultra-vigilant and would pick up on it without a doubt.

I would love to pick one up to spar with though.

That stamp of course relates to Japan, and not any international organisation. Here in the UK it would get pulled if noticed by the referee at the start of the fight. I can't see your coach being up for a potential embarrassing moment should the fight get stalled because you had an illegal headguard on.

I hate this phrase, but "at the end of the day" using something outside the rules to gain an advantage is cheating. I doubt this headguard will differ much in performance from the Adidas AIBA headguard (which the RateThisGear guy said was his favourite I think, not sure) that you already have and it's not worth the risk.

Last edited:

Thought some of you might be interested in this! Think I've seen Guillermo Rigondeaux sparring in this headguard before.

IAM BACK WITH MORE VIDEOS! THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT. CHECK UT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL RATETHISGEAR IN SEARCH. I WILL BE ON THESE FORUMS AS WELL

Back