Rate UFC 214 with the Added Cyborg/Megan Addition

J

JollyRants

upload_2017-6-19_12-44-45.pngupload_2017-6-19_12-45-44.pngupload_2017-6-19_12-46-31.pngupload_2017-6-19_12-47-1.png Card is looking very good with the addition of Cyborg/Anderson

Solid Card 7/10

-DC vs jones=great fight
-Jimi vs Volkan=good fight
-barao vs sterling=solid fight
-Lamas vs Knight=potential FOTN, solid fight
-Cyborg vs Anderson=meh fight, but anderson is smoking hot
-Alexandra Albu has a phat ass so thats a plus
-Ortega vs Moicano is another solid fight

Last edited:
Could you imagine Megan, and Cormier leaving with the belts ?

2z4corl.gif

I'll be watching their fight, but I would like to have seen the UFC give Megan a fight or two before a title fight. On a major PPV, octagon jitters will be a factor and Cyborg should already be familiar with the UFC cage.

I'll be watching their fight, but I would like to have seen the UFC give Megan a fight or two before a title fight. On a major PPV, octagon jitters will be a factor and Cyborg should already use to the cage.

Nah, just feed her to Cyborg already so people can stop bitching that Cris only fights undersized girls. Megan is young, she can win another title shot in short order. Cris has been owed UFC gold forever.

I suppose you are right given that the division has only 3 (technically 2) fighters.

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Weight_Class/Women_Featherweight

And the Flyweight division had all of four fighters originally. Now there are 28 fighters listed on the UFC website. Give it some fucking time, guys.

With a FW division finally in the UFC, there is a high-profile platform with a short path to a title shot that women can compete in. Couple that with PPV points allotted to champs, and you have the opportunity to make some good money (even in spite of the shitty Reebok deal). UFC can build a proper division by taking a few girls from Invicta, convincing a few UFC bantamweights to move up, and extending contract offers to regional amateurs and fighters of other sports (kickboxing and muay thai, primarily).

Just give it some fucking time.

7/10. UFC has turned into 1-2 fight show just like boxing which Dana always wanted to avoid. Main card is fine and has the 2 best LHWs in the world fighting each other. Cyborg is a star to the hardcore fans and everything else is pretty average.

Its a 9 for me. Save 10's for special cards like 200 and 205. But Jones and DC is the best rivalry in MMA history. Megan is the first legit threat to Cyborg I can ever recall.

Volkan and Manuwa is violence. Knight and Lamas is a scrap. Some fun prelims for sure.

It is a fantastic card.

I was about to buy tickets, then KZ dropped out. Was still considering it, then Choi dropped out. Still kinda tempted, but I don't trust Jones/DC to make it to fight night.

it was a solid 7 but the adding of Cyborg against anyone makes this card worse.

i dont respect her as a martial artist, fighter, person.

i wont be buying it now.

Back