Rate tony ferguson's cardio.

It goes like this,

Ferg
Nick
Nate
Gastelum
Cain

Those are my top 5 p4p

Honorable mentions to Holloway and bendo.

It goes like this,

Ferg
Nick
Nate
Gastelum
Cain

Those are my top 5 p4p
p4p Cain may be #1.

If we're talking cardio in non-p4p terms, there are flyweights who can go 100% for 5 rounds no problem.

Don't worry, Conor ko s him in round 2
Little Conor can't hurt him if head kicks from Barboza and RDA cant. Panic Wrestling like Barboza did vs Tony or Conor vs Nate incoming.

There was definitely an ebb and flow to the second fight, but Conor took a lot of punishment in those later rounds and still had enough energy to finish the fight with a victory, which suggests to me that he was well prepared for a five-round fight against a guy he knew would be competitive until the very end.

No. His cardio is awful

Here comes Aldo 2. Conor's going to knock him down in the very first minute. It can be a KO or KD, it's just Tony won't be the same afterwards. He'll be in a "just survive mode" and then his cardio won't matter.

Tony needs to be ultra defensive in the first 8 minutes but I can't see it. His chances are really slim. I don't think he will be able to take Conor down either.

McGregor needs to receive an MMA loss to come back into reality but considering his all potential opponents, Tony, Diaz, Gaethje, Lee, Barboza, Khabib, Woodley, RDA, GSP, Aldo, Holloway etc. only Woodley and Khabib have some real chance to beat him.

I don't think he's gonna face either of them at the moment. With Woodley, he can say he's 200 pounds, very big, he fought at WW, he took a risk etc. but with Khabib he doesn't have that option.

That's why Khabib is the worst matchup for Conor but I'd still favour him over Khabib.
Lmfao. None of those guys have chance to beat him? Since when is Conor invincible? Diaz, who has already beat him once, and almost did it twice. GSP would ragdoll Conor until he breaks. GSP has eaten bombs from much bigger and powerful strikers than Conor, and tossed around far better wrestlers. In reality, all of those guys you listed have just as much of a chance to beat Conor, as he does of beating them.

He fought Nate Diaz for five rounds and won the fight. So it's not awful. It may not be great or even good. But it's not awful.
Saved by the bell twice. Ran. I guess it was a "win" by-the-book but close decisions isnt really winning it's surviving. When have you ever seen a Diaz gas like he did? I believe his team when they said they couldn't train for that fight. He couldnt push pace rounds 3.5 on and Conor still ran away from Diaz walking towards him.

He fought Nate Diaz for five rounds and won the fight. So it's not awful. It may not be great or even good. But it's not awful.
If someone's cardio makes you laugh out loud while watching live than it is awful.

How do I rate Tony Ferguson's cardio? Grave Digger Deep that's how I rate him grinding gears something Conor don't have. All I ever read lately Conor KO in 1,2, some brave Connie's even say 3! As if his 12yr old girl lungz can grind with Tony and he thought Diaz was TUF..?

Tony takes a page from Floyd's book let the Champ kick & punch himself out, then devour...

Last edited:

He barely won. And he gassed hard in the same round like the first fight after spending 300k, and he was pacing himself

Conor finishes early or 40% chance of winning if it goes the distance. Conor showed that he can widthstand diversity when faced with another cardio machine, nate diaz. To think about it, nate vs cucuy would be interesting to see.

Conor finishes early or 40% chance of winning if it goes the distance. Conor showed that he can widthstand diversity when faced with another cardio machine, nate diaz. To think about it, nate vs cucuy would be interesting to see.
I just dont see it. El Cucuy is as good everywhere as nate plus wrestling and kicks which are Nates nemesis. Would look a lot like what RDA did to Nate. Khabib should beat ferg but I question why he fails to show up a few times. Maybe he's worried about rounds 4 and 5.

I give him a 10. The man knows his own pace and keeps it perfectly. I don't see him busting out marathons for shits and giggles like the Diaz bros do, but in the cage, his cardio is damn near perfect.

Back