Rate The Card: UFC on FOX 28 Stephens vs. Emmett

The Main Event seems a little bit surprising to me...

But still a good fight...

7/10
Given the fight is a month away, I think its safe to say the UFC was scrambling to find a Main Event and this is the only option that was working out for them.

Given the fight is a month away, I think its safe to say the UFC was scrambling to find a Main Event and this is the only option that was working out for them.
Who do you pick between those 2?
I think Stephens takes it...

If they get a good replacement for Branch it will be considered good.

I think they will pull him from that card to fight Bisping in London.

FOX Main Card:

Jeremy Stephens vs. Josh Emmett
Jessica Andrade vs. Tecia Torres
Ovince St. Preux vs. Ilir Latifi
Mike Perry vs. Max Griffin

FOX Prelims:

Renan Barao vs. Brian Kelleher
Alan Jouban vs. Ben Saunders
David Branch vs. TBA
Gilbert Burns vs. Olivier Aubin-Mercier
Gadzhimurad Antigulov vs. Aleksander Rakic

Fight Pass Prelims:

Sara McMann vs. Marion Reneau
Sam Alvey vs. Marcin Prachnio
Rani Yayha vs. Russell Doane

With the addition of the Main Event, it seems the UFC's final Big FOX card is complete. Please keep in mind that the bout order for this card is not yet official, the one above is purely for the sake of the thread. With that being said, what do you guys think of this card? Doesn't feel like the UFC has done a great job of going out with a bang with the FOX cards. The final two, Charlotte and this one in Orlando, are both a bit underwhelming. The aren't terrible, they just aren't what we were expecting with the UFC looking to gain a new TV deal. Seems they scrambled to find a Main Event given how last minute this one came together. Maybe they were banking on Romero/Branch if what they had in-store didn't come together but then they had to pull Yoel. If I had to rate this card out of 10, I give it a 6-6.5/10. What do you guys think?
guessing they made the osp/latfi fight for another date

meh 5/10

i wont be staying up till 3am for this CARD

Who do you pick between those 2?
I think Stephens takes it...
I've got Emmett. Stephens is very hot and cold. Emmett is well rounded, hits like a truck and doesn't have the defensive deficits that Doo Ho Choi has/had. I also think that Cub fight may have put a crazy amount of miles on Choi's chin. He didn't look like the same guy. Emmett will play this one smart even if he can't knock Stephens out.

I thought Latifi was out?
It was a minor injury so they opted to just reschedule the bout.

Fight wise I like it a lot. Main card should be some fun finishes. Not by any means the biggest card ever. But solid.

Pretty much how I feel about. There’s definitely some good scraps on the card, but no real “big names”.

In the two previous Orlando shows, we had Werdum vs Browne and RDA vs Cerrone for the title as our headliners. This SORT of feels like a letdown in comparison but that’s just me being a spoiled bitch.

Overall card is probably a 6 or 7/10. Would really like it if they could find a decent fight for Branch and stick it on this card. Would make it just a little bit better and a solid 7/10 for me then.

With that said, looking forward to being at this event, sitting on the floor this time so maybe i’ll Get some TV time!

7 , MAYBE 8/10 for free. ...and considering this is actually better than a few PPV's not to far back.

I've got Emmett. Stephens is very hot and cold. Emmett is well rounded, hits like a truck and doesn't have the defensive deficits that Doo Ho Choi has/had. I also think that Cub fight may have put a crazy amount of miles on Choi's chin. He didn't look like the same guy. Emmett will play this one smart even if he can't knock Stephens out.
good post, stephens is very hot n cold
rooting for Stephens though

im surprised at all the hate in this thread. seems like a good fox card...

i mean, not the best ever, but one of the better ones compared to recent others

There is top 15 talent on the main and prelims, I would say this is pretty stacked. I think the people who said it isnt arent following the new contenders. Saunders vs Jouban should be really fun. I like the card and for a vet like stephens, he deserves good exposure like this for being a top 10 fighter for so long.

good post, stephens is very hot n cold
rooting for Stephens though
tenor.gif

Decent card, but Stephens vs Emmet is an underwheming headliner.

I give this a solid 8/10, there's some fun fights. I'm actually intrigued to watch the Antigulov vs Rakcic fight because we always need new lhw talent.

never heard of josh emmit or max griffin. So this is their last card on FOX? Deal is not renewed?

Probably the worst FOX card ever, UFC what happened ?

Not a bad main card, def better than 220 & 221's main card. Don't sleep on Andrade. She's a warrior.

Back