Sijara Eubanks vs. Lauren Murphy
Niko Price vs. Belal Muhammad
Gleison Tibau vs. Desmond Green
Daniel Teymur vs. Julio Arce

Fight Pass Prelims:

Jessica Aguilar vs. Jodie Esquibel
Johnny Eduardo vs. Nathaniel Wood
Hector Sandoval vs. Jarred Brooks

Per UFC.com, UFC Fight Night 131 is complete bout order and all. What do you guys think of this card? A little bit weak but considering its just a week before the stacked UFC 225 event I think you have to expect something like this. I will say that the Main Event looks like an absolute barn burner between two guys who have some bad blood. I can't wait for that one, glad it's 5 rounds. I'm also excited to see Gillespie back in there, a win here should get him a top 15 opponent. Also nice to see Teymur back in the octagon after quite awhile. Not the best card but I think we'll get some decent action. I rate this card a 5-5.5/10. What do you guys think?

Interested to see Gregor and Wood is an exciting 'prospect'

It's weak but it's still better than Nunes vs Pennington

giphy.gif

following-in-the-footsteps-of-donald-cerrone-and-neil-magny-sam-alvey-takes-his-fourth-fight-in-five-months.jpg

Like 2/10

Main event is a really good fight and Gillespie/Teymur/Price normally put on good fights

5.5/10

Some of those fights could be good slobberknockers

Rivera vs Moraes is an interesting fight at bantamweight building title shot prospects behind the elite top 3 consisting of Dillashaw, Cruz and Garbrandt.
Walt Harris is an interesting fighter whose record doesn't reflect his skills, probably cause he only faced real competition and didn't get much of a build up before joining the big leagues.
Ellenberger vs Saunders...could be an interesting match-up, but I'm afraid Ellenberger is done for.
Villante vs Alvey isn't too bad.

What I'm looking forward to the most though is Teymur and Muhammad beating the crap out of Nik Lentz and Niko Price. The latter ones easily being some of the most unlikeable guys in MMA.

All in all definitely an interesting card, even though not top notch, but you really can't expect too much more for a normal fight night.

FS1 Main Card:

Jimmie Rivera vs. Marlon Moraes
Gregor Gillespie vs. Vinc Pichel
Walt Harris vs. Daniel Spitz
Jake Ellenberger vs. Ben Saunders
David Teymur vs. Nik Lentz
Gian Villante vs. Sam Alvey

FS1 Prelims:

Fight Pass Prelims:

Per UFC.com, UFC Fight Night 131 is complete bout order and all. What do you guys think of this card? A little bit weak but considering its just a week before the stacked UFC 225 event I think you have to expect something like this. I will say that the Main Event looks like an absolute barn burner between two guys who have some bad blood. I can't wait for that one, glad it's 5 rounds. I'm also excited to see Gillespie back in there, a win here should get him a top 15 opponent. Also nice to see Teymur back in the octagon after quite awhile. Not the best card but I think we'll get some decent action. I rate this card a 5-5.5/10. What do you guys think?

Good to see Gleison back, you know Khabib is praying Desmond slows him down, Khabib fears that rematch.

Also 7.5/10, lots of good fights.

FS1 Main Card:

Jimmie Rivera vs. Marlon Moraes
Gregor Gillespie vs. Vinc Pichel
Walt Harris vs. Daniel Spitz
Jake Ellenberger vs. Ben Saunders
David Teymur vs. Nik Lentz
Gian Villante vs. Sam Alvey

FS1 Prelims:

Fight Pass Prelims:

Fucking terrible... nobody gives a shi about any of these guys. What is the UFC thinking putting this shit out there? ?

6/10

Nice main event, excited for Sam Alveys LHW career to really get going (I think he can do big things) and I have trained with Niko before so def rooting for him.

6/10

Nice main event, excited for Sam Alveys LHW career to really get going (I think he can do big things) and I have trained with Niko before so def rooting for him.

I know Alvey likes to counterpunch, but I hope he picks up the aggression a little bit for this fight. If so, it could get interesting

I know Alvey likes to counterpunch, but I hope he picks up the aggression a little bit for this fight. If so, it could get interesting
He loves to counter-strike but imo he's much better when he fights aggressive. Villante gasses hard and doesn't have the best chin, he can grab a nice KO win here if he fights like he actually wants to be in there.

Back