Rate The Card: UFC Fight Night 123 Swanson vs. Ortega (Fresno, CA)

That really sucks. I really enjoy watching Caraway fight, believe it or not. He's one savvy grappler. But he's too injury-prone- or just an absolute headcase. He fights twice every 3 years.
Just crazy to me that he pulls out like an hour after your reply. Smh.

He was having lots of issues with his shoulder, he tried to avoid surgery with stem cells but apparently it wasn't enough...

Maybe a 5/10.

Got some good fights but no real "big names" other than the main event

That really sucks. I really enjoy watching Caraway fight, believe it or not. He's one savvy grappler. But he's too injury-prone- or just an absolute headcase. He fights twice every 3 years.

Me too, he should get surgery and stop with the stem cells bullshit, specially if the treatment is provided by UFC, as in his case...

FS1 Main Card:

Cub Swanson vs. Brian Ortega
Marlon Moraes vs. Aljamain Sterling
Jason Knight vs. Gabriel Benitez
Bryan Caraway vs. Luke Sanders
Eryk Anders vs. Markus Perez
Trevin Giles vs. Antonio Braga Neto

FS1 Prelims:

Alexis Davis vs. Liz Carmouche
Albert Morales vs. Benito Lopez
Iuri Alcantara vs. Alejandro Perez
Scott Holtzman vs. Darrell Horcher

Fight Pass Prelims:

Chris Gruetzemacher vs. Davi Ramos
Frankie Saenz vs. Merab Dvalishvili
Alex Perez vs. Carls John de Tomas

With 13 official fights, it seems UFC Fight Night 123 from Fresno, CA seems to be complete. Please keep in mind that the bout order for the card has not yet been determined, the one above is simply for the sake of the thread. With that being said, what do you guys think of this card? Not one of the best domestic FN cards. Especially in December, a month the UFC usually stacks from card to card, even for smaller events. I do love the Main Event, that should be awesome. We've also got a last minute matchup between Moraes and Sterling that I really like, much better than the original matchup. Jason Knight is always exciting and we've got some good prospects in Anders and Giles that should have good showings. If I had to rate this card out of 10, I'd give it either a 4/10 or a 5/10. Not the best for a FN card but it is what it is. What do you guys think?
The Gruetzmeister making his long awaited return, how can you not be pumped?!?

The main event is great and I really like the Carraway/Sanders match up. I'd rate it a 5.5/10 overall, and maybe a 6.5/10 for fight night events.

Is that Georgian any good?

I watched every UFC card ever (no joke, I don't miss even shit cards) and I have no clue who are half of the guys on the main card.

Gabriel Benitez
Luke Sanders
Eryk Anders
Markus Perez
Trevin Giles
Antonio Braga Neto

<FookIsThatGuy>

Who da fook are these guys??

And you can bet the house Moraes vs Sterling is going to a boring decision.

2 Mighty Mouse title fights/10
You don't know Luke Sanders? Come on guy...

The Gruetzmeister making his long awaited return, how can you not be pumped?!?

The main event is great and I really like the Carraway/Sanders match up. I'd rate it a 5.5/10 overall, and maybe a 6.5/10 for fight night events.

Is that Georgian any good?
Caraway actually pulled out with an injury yesterday haha. So Sanders needs a replacement opponent.

Any rating is premature until Caraway's injury/replacement is announced, but I'll go with 4.5 for now.

How tf did you know before it come out? who is your source? who do you know? please tell me!!

Will watch these :
Cub Swanson vs. Brian Ortega
Marlon Moraes vs. Aljamain Sterling
Jason Knight vs. Gabriel Benitez
Bryan Caraway vs. Luke Sanders

The other fighters coudl retire i wouldn't care (except for alcantara)

Andre Soukhamthath is stepping in for Caraway vs Sanders...

(had to type while reading this person's last name...)

*insert Who da fook is that guy image*

Pretty much I was yeah :(

giphy - copia.gif

Last edited:
Not a lot of big names or high level match ups, but definitely a lot of prospects. Trevin Giles beat dude so bad in his debut they had to stretcher him out. Eryk Anders is another prospect to watch as well, I'll be honest tho I've never heard of the guy he's fighting.

Moraes vs Aljamain has great stinker potential, but it's a good fight rankings wise. Knight vs Benitez is a good fight and could turn out to be a real war. Alcantara is also in a lot of good fights as well so that's another good one. No comment on carmouche vs Davis other than that fight will suck.

Overall it's about a 6/10 for a free card. Lots of prospects, and good fights overall. Really excited for Cub vs Ortega, has serious foty potential the way those two guys fight.

Back