Rate The Card: UFC Fight Night 123 Swanson vs. Ortega (Fresno, CA)

It's understandable. I've been critically of the card and I stand by the fact that this card should have a few more notable matchups but the fights I think will be slotted in the Main Card will have a lot of finishes imo. It may be one of those underrated cards that end up being a lot of fun. I'll tune it but I'm not going to be in attendance like I thought I might be.

As always ill watch if i can. There's few names ill go out of my 2ay to for sure see but none are on this card. Stipe, anderson, moose, gsp, lawler, gaetje, mcgregor, nate or nick, masvidal, garbrandt. Maybe a few others im not thinking of.

Trashbin card.

3/10

4 if someone is there to like the posts in pbp.

Dude I read about mma and watch as much as I can but these days there's too much to keep up with sometimes. People have jobs and family lives. Out of that list he posted I have seen 3 of the names before Benitez, Sanders, and Neto. Frankly I don't know if I've seen any of them fight though and if I have I forgot about it.
Yeah, I'm 39, work 50+ a week doing construction, turned pro at the age of 35 in 2013 for a hobby as I get older, have a daughter and a wife, plus raise my two teenage nieces once my sister passed away in 2004, and do the Ohana check on my mom and little brother weekly.. so the excuse you use, I hear it, but don't feel it at all, as I and others, like Elliot from TAM (older then I, just turned Pro, family, father, job, side job running Stud Show Radio, etc etc..), find a way to do so, because its a passion of ours and the women we married, the familys we take care of, fully support all we do and try to obtain on life. Though I didn't mean to disrespect if you took it like such.. I'm a bit blunt (raised military and spent 5yrs in the army), and speak a bit harsh if not knowing me. I myself don't want much mma unless it's regional, or I have a teammate or someone I know, on a ufc, Bellator, etc.. card. My wife actually keeps me updated on the world of mma, as she is a true hardcore fan.. I just know prospects and names being I attend regional events, judge/ref grappling tournaments, grew up in martial arts, and train mma.

thumbs_down_gladiator.gif

Any rating is premature until Caraway's injury/replacement is announced, but I'll go with 4.5 for now.

BetterthanWerdumvsTybura/10.

4/10. Interested in a few fights, but not many. Ortega is always fun to watch

I watched every UFC card ever (no joke, I don't miss even shit cards) and I have no clue who are half of the guys on the main card.

Gabriel Benitez
Luke Sanders
Eryk Anders
Markus Perez
Trevin Giles
Antonio Braga Neto

<FookIsThatGuy>

Who da fook are these guys??

And you can bet the house Moraes vs Sterling is going to a boring decision.

2 Mighty Mouse title fights/10
Neto is a beast but i dont recall the others

Moraes vs Sterling helped this card a ton. I don't think it's to bad at all. Ill go 6/10

Nice main and Co main. Also ready to see Jason Knight and Luke Sanders. And I can't wait to see how both Giles and Anders do in they're 2nd UFC bouts. I like the Morales/Lopez scrap as well

Moraes vs Sterling helped this card a ton. I don't think it's to bad at all. Ill go 6/10

Nice main and Co main. Also ready to see Jason Knight and Luke Sanders. And I can't wait to see how both Giles and Anders do in they're 2nd UFC bouts. I like the Morales/Lopez scrap as well
A lot of prospects that I can see having a very bright future.

I think it will be a total snoozer of a fight. Hope I'm wrong but Moraes showed a lot of coasting so far in UFC and if Sterling can't land TDs his striking is terrible to watch. Hope I'm wrong but that is how I see it.

I think it will be a total snoozer of a fight. Hope I'm wrong but Moraes showed a lot of coasting so far in UFC and if Sterling can't land TDs his striking is terrible to watch. Hope I'm wrong but that is how I see it.
You don't think that's thanks to the opponents he's been given? Anybody in the division is going to struggle to look good against Assuncao. Even Dillashaw had a lackluster fight against him. His style just makes it so. Dodson is sort of the same way. He's hard to look good against and wins against him are often decisions, controversial ones at that. He's fast and as of late has been more than willing to sit on the outside and use his speed to his advantage with an occasional blitz for some scoring. He hasn't had an easy road thus far and in my opinion he should really be 2-0.

Well this one looks bad as fuck guys but at least we have that free Shangai card next week end so...

Damn it, its arguably worse.

You fucking jinxed it

That really sucks. I really enjoy watching Caraway fight, believe it or not. He's one savvy grappler. But he's too injury-prone- or just an absolute headcase. He fights twice every 3 years.

Back