Rate The Card: UFC Fight Night 116 Rockhold vs. Branch

Branch being disrespected here, he's a good opponent stylistically to provide either a good fight or a nasty finish. Which is good for a Rockhold looking to rebound to a loss from over a year ago
A lot of people sleep on Branch because his return to the UFC against Jotko fuckin' sucked but he's a very good fighter. Hasn't lost since he left the UFC.

Justin Ledet has some serious potential
His boxing is so damn good. Better than most HWs right now and he's still young in his career.

Jotko vs Hall is too much for me on a fan-level. Been following both guys, Uriah's one of my OG favorite fighters but he's been so damn inconsistent. His mental approach is shit.

Jotko at range has shown good crisp striking and a well-rounded game as a whole. Not the best athlete, solid fundamentals.

Jotko vs Hall is too much for me on a fan-level. Been following both guys, Uriah's one of my OG favorite fighters but he's been so damn inconsistent. His mental approach is shit.

Jotko at range has shown good crisp striking and a well-rounded game as a whole. Not the best athlete, solid fundamentals.
His knockout of Tamdan McCrory was sick, I just wish he would pull the trigger like that more.

Somebody's gonna get punched in the face on this card.

It looks like an 8.24, maybe an 8.367.

I like it.

"Main Card" (I know it is not the real one) is pretty awesome.

Really looking forward to see Kamaru Usman. They should give him the Perry threatment and give him washed up stars to build his name.
Instead they put him against a solid but unknown guy.

Hoping the polish guy (I will never learn his last name) knocks the fuck out of Hall.

I feel like Perry vs. Alves could have been the main. That they added Rockhold/Branch on top of it makes the card solid. 7/10.

I like it.

"Main Card" (I know it is not the real one) is pretty awesome.

Really looking forward to see Kamaru Usman. They should give him the Perry threatment and give him washed up stars to build his name.
Instead they put him against a solid but unknown guy.

Hoping the polish guy (I will never learn his last name) knocks the fuck out of Hall.
Shoulda been Usman vs. The guy in your AV.

10/10. Mike,Perry is blessing card with presence

Not bad at all for a free card. I mainly want it over with though before Canelo/GGG start that night.

Not bad at all for a free card. I mainly want it over with though before Canelo/GGG start that night.
It would be perfect if the Main Card wrapped up right before GGG/Canelo was getting started. Perfect.

FS1 Main Card:

Luke Rockhold vs. David Branch
Mike Perry vs. Thiago Alves
Hector Lombard vs. Anthony Smith
Kamaru Usman vs. Sergio Moraes
Krzysztof Jotko vs. Uriah Hall

FS1 Prelims:

Justin Ledet vs. Dmitriy Sosnovskiy
Gilbert Burns vs. Jason Saggo
Gregor Gillespie vs. Jason Gonzalez
Luke Sanders vs. Felipe Arantes

Fight Pass Prelims:

Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Tony Martin
Anthony Hamilton vs. Daniel Spitz

Please keep in mind that the bout order is not set, the one above is purely for the sake of the thread. With that being said, it looks like UFN 116 Pittsburgh is all set. What do you guys think of this card? Not bad at all for a Fight Night at all if you ask me. The Main Card should produce a good amount of finishes. Especially the 3 top billed fights, those should all be barn burners. On the prelims, I'm looking forward to seeing Justin Ledet back, he's one of the new young bright spots at HW. I'm also looking forward to watch Gillespie and Luke Sanders. Rating this card out of 10, I'm gonna give this one a 7.5-8/10. What do you guys think?

Solid "B" Fight Night card.
Prelims are weak, but a crafty Rockhold submission, a wicked Platinum knockout, and some wacky Lombard shit make this a decent main card.
New UFC matchmaking really opens the door for lopsided finishes, which are good for action and highlights.

Solid "B" Fight Night card.
Prelims are weak, but a crafty Rockhold submission, a wicked Platinum knockout, and some wacky Lombard shit make this a decent main card.
New UFC matchmaking really opens the door for lopsided finishes, which are good for action and highlights.
Really? I feel like the prelims are damn good. Maybe not "names" but the matchups are awesome. Have you not seen Gillespie fight? He and Luke Sanders are some of the best prospects the UFC has in their divisions. Justin Ledet may be the best young HW prospect in the UFC. I think all 3 of them are potential top 10 guys real soon.

It's very decent for a UFN. In general, USA based UFN cards are pretty solid.

8/10

Back