Rate The Card: UFC 231 Holloway vs. Ortega (Toronto, Ontario Canada)

Pretty good card. I'd give it about a 7 or 7.5. I think Chad is gonna be in for a rude awakening against Moicano.

8 bangs out of 10. I’ll bang, bro.

I’m just very afraid we won’t get to see Holloway vs Ortega.

But if we do, the card is great!

Wait Eubanks is out? What? Good. What? Ortega takes Max's strap then rematches Moicano who will take strap from Ortega. I give it a 7?

as a Canadian fan who goes whenever they're in Ontario, I give it a 9

A lot of american guys or euro guys on here might not know this, but Elias, Aubin-Mercier, Joanna and Max are pretty big here. After Max beat Pettis here a few years ago, most of us jumped on his war wagon.
Cmon man theo is not that popular in Canada.

7, man Max injuries have killed a lot of that fights hype. 6 months ago it was the most anticipated fight in mma.

Now people are acting it's a mediocre fight headlining a mediocre card

7/10 Would be an 8 without the erick sanders and theo fight.
Ouch... thought he showed the heart of a champion in his last fight on short notice. Maybe rewatch?

Excellent main event and lots of fun fights. Very much looking forward to this one.

He's from the GTA. in Toronto, he's massive.
No. Theo is not "massive in Toronto." Drake, is massive in Toronto. What r u talking about? Hes the most boring fighter aside from Alvey on the entire roster.

I'm speaking relative to MMA obviously.
Still. Theo isnt big anywhere other than on the cover of dime store romance novels thinking he's Fabio. He needs to be cut tbh.

anders and chad are good fights.
main event not as hyped anymore

6.7/10

Maincard is great. We get a title fight that is legit 50/50 and Holloway is super exciting. Winner may move up and soon challenge for LW title so that's an interesting thing to be decided too.
Val vs JJ is one of the few WMMA fights I want to see and these two have history. Mendes vs Moicano is a battle of studs, both can legitimately challenge for a title - hell, this might've been a FW title fight. Manuwa vs Santos is going to be a duel of two heavy handed dudes and will likely be a KO. Anders staying crazy active, going to whoop the Canadian Ladyboy.

For the prelims I am excited for:
Canadian Gangster, War Bochniak and Rakic with his mammoth legs.

8/10 Maincard is fire but prelims seems a bit thin. But no real way of anticipating these things anyway, just praying all get to the cage healthy to beat each other senseless.

7.5/10. Holloway/Ortega is a great fight. Meh for WMMA but I suppose one of the better matches they could make with women. Mendes vs Moicano is a great fight and sets up next in line for the title shot. Manuwa/Santos will be fun. Anders/Theodorou will likely suck because Theodorou is super boring. Undercard is meh.

Idk why people are only giving it a 5 or 6 out of 10. I would give it a 8/10 looks like some really exciting fights on there.

All the main card fights, Claudia vs Ansaroff shouldn't be bad, OAM vs Burns should be fun, Makdessi vs Diego Ferraria could be a banger, same with Dawodu vs Bochniak and perhaps Laprise vs Lima.

Was hoping Aldo/Gaethje would happen for this card. Maybe 232 instead? Already 2 great title fights but could use a "people's main event" type 3rd wheel.

Aldo Gaethje would be madness! Make it happen UFC

He's from the GTA. in Toronto, he's massive.

I live in Mississauga and in the 10+ years ive been following MMA his name never came up in any social circles. There are no local commercials with him, never heard him on any radio station, havent seen him on any bill boards altough people find him good looking. Only remember him being on OTR a few times where he was as entertaining as his fights in the cage. Has 30k twitter followers and GTA is around 6 million people. Lets assume every one of his followers was from the GTA. That means there are 0.005% of people in the GTA big enough fans to be willing to follow him on twitter. I would not call that massive

Back