Rate The Card: UFC 231 Holloway vs. Ortega (Toronto, Ontario Canada)

I thought that was just cause it was short notice I didn’t realize it was a permanent move
Well he was originally scheduled to fight Jimi Manuwa on the card at 205. They remade the matchup after he fucked up Anders.

PPV Main Card:

Max Holloway vs. Brian Ortega- FW Title Fight
Valentina Shevchenko vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk- WFLW Title Fight
Chad Mendes vs. Renato Moicano
Jimi Manuwa vs. Thiago Santos
Eryk Anders vs. Elias Theodorou

FS1 Prelims:

Claudia Gadelha vs. Nina Ansaroff
Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Gilbert Burns
John Makdessi vs. Carlos Diego Ferreira
Hakeem Dawodu vs. Kyle Bochniak

Fight Pass Prelims:

Jessica Eye vs. Katlyn Chookagian
Aleksandar Rakic vs. Devin Clark
Chad Laprise vs. Dhiego Lima
Brad Katona vs. Matthew Lopez

With 13 official fights, it seems UFC 231 from Toronto, Ontario is complete. Please keep in mind that this bout order is not official and the one above is purely for the sake of this thread. With that being said, what do you guys think of this card? I'm not mad at the PPV portion. It's pretty damn good. My one complaint is that Jose Aldo was looking to make his LW debut on this card. How does the UFC not him a fight? Would have made the PPV that much better. I don't see how you don't make that happen, but no matter. Good card anyways. On the prelims I'm looking forward to seeing Dawodu, OAM vs. Burns, and Aleksander Rakic.

If I had to rate this card, I give it a 7-7.5/10. What do you guys think?

I think 7 is exactly right, Aldo at 155 would have elevated it to an 8 as I'm keen to see how he performs.

Good card. Too bad that main card will crumble

FIRE SEAN SHELBY

Hmmm. Love the main event, but have my doubts it stays together. Apart form that, I guess the WMMA fight is good by WMMA standards, nothing against that one as co-main. Moicano vs Mendes, good. The rest is a little bit UFN for my liking, including the prelims.

I think 7 is exactly right, Aldo at 155 would have elevated it to an 8 as I'm keen to see how he performs.
Aldo said 155 by the end of the year. So I guess 231 or bust. Guess it will have to be early 2019

7/10 Would be an 8 without the erick sanders and theo fight.

Like a 6 or a 7. Outside the main event I don't give a shit.

Pretty steep drop after the two title fights and Moicano/Mendes, but those three are all excellent. 7/10

7/10. Amazing main card with compelling match ups. Undercard leaves much to be desired. Also Anders x Ring boy is whack. Would have rather of seen him fight shoeface.

Both the title fights are dope.

Really hope Rakic is on the FS1 prelims over all the other options.

Main card is a 9/10 before pullouts

Great main card, on paper this gets a 7 out of 10 for the main and comain fights alone.

dang

Dhiego Lima still in the ufc?

I feel like I’ve seen him get his clock cleaned a bunch of times already

I remember the Leech and I think Eddie Gordon KO’d him

Did Jesse Taylor beat him last?

Was hoping Aldo/Gaethje would happen for this card. Maybe 232 instead? Already 2 great title fights but could use a "people's main event" type 3rd wheel.

7/10 pretty disappointed LW Aldo isn’t on the card though

Got tickets to it also

Back