Rate The Card: UFC 224 Nunes vs. Pennington (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)

PPV Main Card:

Amanda Nunes vs. Raquel Pennington- WBW Title Fight
Rafael dos Anjos vs. Colby Covington- Interim WW Title Fight
Jacare Souza vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Lyoto Machida vs. Vitor Belfort
John Lineker vs. Brian Kelleher

FS1 Main Card:

Mackenzie Dern vs. Amanda Cooper
Cezar Ferreira vs. Karl Roberson
Thales Leites vs. Jack Hermansson
Oleksiy Oliynik vs. Junior Albini

Fight Pass Prelims:

Alberto Mina vs. Ramazan Emeev
Sean Strickland vs. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos
Warlley Alves vs. Sultan Aliev
Davi Ramos vs. Nick Hein

With the addition of the targeted Interim Title Fight between RDA and Covington, it seems UFC 224 in Rio is complete. Please keep in mind that the bout order is not complete, the one above is simply for the sake of the thread. What do you guys think of this card? I've been saying since Nunes/Pennington was announced, there was no way it could carry a PPV event. I'm assuming the UFC thinks throwing a fake belt into the Co-Main will help but I honestly don't think it does much for the buy-rate. Woodley defended 4 times last year and has barely been out 8 months. Conor has been out for as long as he has and we're just now getting a new LW title fight. Doesn't make much sense to me. I think we'll get some solid finishes on the Main Card but I don't think the buyrate will be all that great. I rate the card a 7/10. What do you guys think?
Main Card + Albini/Oleyinik is legit. Give that a 8/10 since that's what I'm going to watch. Card on the whole is 7/10.

very good card, excited in order:

1. Lyoto Machida vs. Vitor Belfort
2. Jacare Souza vs. Kelvin Gastelum
3. Rafael dos Anjos vs. Colby Covington-
4. Oleksiy Oliynik vs. Junior Albini
5. John Lineker vs. Brian Kelleher
6. Amanda Nunes vs. Raquel Pennington

Sad state of affairs when Vitor VS Machida (Should be the Main Event) is before Nunes VS Pennington.

Blaming liberals and feminists all over the world.

Looking forward to these

3. Rafael dos Anjos vs. Colby Covington

Sad state of affairs when Vitor VS Machida (Should be the Main Event) is before Nunes VS Pennington.

Blaming liberals and feminists all over the world.

Looking forward to these

3. Rafael dos Anjos vs. Colby Covington
Why the fuck would two guys on their way out who way past it headline over a champion?

PPV Main Card:

Amanda Nunes vs. Raquel Pennington- WBW Title Fight
Rafael dos Anjos vs. Colby Covington- Interim WW Title Fight
Jacare Souza vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Lyoto Machida vs. Vitor Belfort
John Lineker vs. Brian Kelleher

FS1 Main Card:

Mackenzie Dern vs. Amanda Cooper
Cezar Ferreira vs. Karl Roberson
Thales Leites vs. Jack Hermansson
Oleksiy Oliynik vs. Junior Albini

Fight Pass Prelims:

Alberto Mina vs. Ramazan Emeev
Sean Strickland vs. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos
Warlley Alves vs. Sultan Aliev
Davi Ramos vs. Nick Hein

With the addition of the targeted Interim Title Fight between RDA and Covington, it seems UFC 224 in Rio is complete. Please keep in mind that the bout order is not complete, the one above is simply for the sake of the thread. What do you guys think of this card? I've been saying since Nunes/Pennington was announced, there was no way it could carry a PPV event. I'm assuming the UFC thinks throwing a fake belt into the Co-Main will help but I honestly don't think it does much for the buy-rate. Woodley defended 4 times last year and has barely been out 8 months. Conor has been out for as long as he has and we're just now getting a new LW title fight. Doesn't make much sense to me. I think we'll get some solid finishes on the Main Card but I don't think the buyrate will be all that great. I rate the card a 7/10. What do you guys think?

Couldn't you do these as a poll with # 1-10 as options so we can get a nice bar graph of results?

3 good, not must see, fights on the main card and a weak undercard. 4/10.

Great card culminating in a shitty main event.

RDA/Colby as main would have been a lot better.

I also like the little Russia vs Brazil theme they got going.

8/10. Solid ppv that just had a lackluster main event. I would honestly put RDA/Colby on as the main event

It's solid. Don't care about the ME but it's pretty good otherwise.

Wasn't Glover supposed to be on this card? Too many cards. I cannot keep them straight.

Solid card- not filled with Wmma and the lil' dudes.

Back