Rate The Card: UFC 224 Nunes vs. Pennington (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
PPV Main Card:

Amanda Nunes vs. Raquel Pennington- WBW Title Fight
Rafael dos Anjos vs. Colby Covington- Interim WW Title Fight
Jacare Souza vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Lyoto Machida vs. Vitor Belfort
John Lineker vs. Brian Kelleher

FS1 Main Card:

Mackenzie Dern vs. Amanda Cooper
Cezar Ferreira vs. Karl Roberson
Thales Leites vs. Jack Hermansson
Oleksiy Oliynik vs. Junior Albini

Fight Pass Prelims:

Alberto Mina vs. Ramazan Emeev
Sean Strickland vs. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos
Warlley Alves vs. Sultan Aliev
Davi Ramos vs. Nick Hein

With the addition of the targeted Interim Title Fight between RDA and Covington, it seems UFC 224 in Rio is complete. Please keep in mind that the bout order is not complete, the one above is simply for the sake of the thread. What do you guys think of this card? I've been saying since Nunes/Pennington was announced, there was no way it could carry a PPV event. I'm assuming the UFC thinks throwing a fake belt into the Co-Main will help but I honestly don't think it does much for the buy-rate. Woodley defended 4 times last year and has barely been out 8 months. Conor has been out for as long as he has and we're just now getting a new LW title fight. Doesn't make much sense to me. I think we'll get some solid finishes on the Main Card but I don't think the buyrate will be all that great. I rate the card a 7/10. What do you guys think?

Main card is pretty good to be honest. Surprised.

Very good card imo. 7/10.
All kinds of fights: Title fights. #1 contender fight (Souza Kelvin). Legendary warrior retirement fight. JBG fight with Lineker vs Kelleher. You have the HWs. Young prospects like bjj legend Davi Ramos.
I´m pumped!

A wmma fight and a guy that talked his way into a title shot.... I’ll watch

8-10... Pretty good card. Will be watching. Plus... Mackenzie in those tight Reebok shorts. :eek:

I thought this PPV was gonna be shit but i was wrong.

it's a good card

8/10. My rating would be higher if Pennington wins

8 if there were a better main event. Tj vs mighty mouse would've had a 9 from me.

The addition of RDA / Covington really brought this one up.

7 / 10

Main event is a flop on a otherwise solid card
5.5/10

Cyborg vs. Amanda Nunes- WFW Title Fight
Rafael dos Anjos vs. Colby Covington- Interim WW Title Fight
Jacare Souza vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Lyoto Machida vs. Vitor Belfort
John Lineker vs. Brian Kelleher

What could have been
<2>

LOL. Let's not kid ourselves. The addition of RDA/Covington saved this card. They might have picked up another 50-100K buys with that fight alone. The UFC knew this card was in trouble and had to do something.

pretty good card. would rather rda/colby not be for the interim but I'll prolly actually buy the PPV now that that fight was added

LOL. Let's not kid ourselves. The addition of RDA/Covington saved this card. They might have picked up another 50-100K buys with that fight alone. The UFC knew this card was in trouble and had to do something.
Without putting a fake belt in the Co-Main the event no doubt does under 100k

I'll probably watch at a bar. Will leave after Jacare/Gastelum

<36>

No, this card is going to flip regardless. Casuals don't know who Colby is.

Main card is very good, and a few interesting fights in the prelims. 7/10, will watch.

RDA/Covington and Jacare/Kelvin are great

Back