Rate The Bellator PPV

I paid for it. I give it a 6. Nowhere near the best I've paid for but nowhere near the worst. Probably won't re-visit it but don't regret watching it live.

First of all. Everything looked great and it definitely felt like a very big show..

However, didnt deliver to the potential of its parts but it wasn't as terrible as the expected brigade made it out to be.

The Chandler-Primus fight being the only REAL letdown because of injury. It looked on pace to be pretty good despite it so that shit better have been broken because the only thing Chandler looked concerned about was the ref stopping it.

Fedor vs Mitrione was quick fireworks with a brutal KO and I can't imagine what more you would want for it except your guy winning..which mine didn't:

Chael-Wandy was OK. Definitely had its moments. Successful grudge match as in the winner gloats and the loser was especially butthurt.

Obviously Pico not really shining makes his inclusion on the PPV bad in hindsight since nobody cares about the guy he fought(who looked good and had a good record coming in. Hindsight shows Gallagher-Machida would have been better but that was free.

Lima vs Larkin was a good fight as I expected. It was a competitive fight for 5 rounds.

No armchair promoter though. They put together a card I wanted to buy and they produced a good event. Just fights can go a million ways. the Bjorn Bellator PPV actually was better action wise but nearly as enticing to purchase

Man, I cant even give it a rating. Most bizarre card I may have ever watched.

Larkin/Lima: Expected more excitement from this fight but I felt bored through out the entire fight. It could have just been a hangover from Bader/Davis however. 4/10

Pico/Freeman: I think most of us knew that Pico was going down. Bellator doomed the poor kid by putting his pro DEBUT on a big PPV and by proclaiming him as the future GOAT before he even fought once. But lets not be too hard on Pico, lots of legends in this sport started their careers with an early L. 1/10

Chandler/Primus: most annoying fighter of the night goes to Primus and that weird yelling of his. I will admit I have not followed him much and was shocked to learn he was 32, thought for sure he was in his early 20s the way he was acting. Mad props to Chandler for actually continuing to fight despite a nasty ankle injury. He gained a big fan in me tonight. 9/10

Fedor/Meathead: I hated this match up because (and no offense to Mitrione) the mere thought that the HW GOAT would get starched by a TUF alumni is sickening. But this is what happens when you stay around too long, father time catches everyone eventually. The double KO was pretty crazy though. RIP Fedors career. 5/10

Sonnen/Silva: the pre fight hype was better than the fight. We all knew Sonnen wouldnt stand with Silva and his TDD was amateur hour tonight. Props to Sonnen for a dominant victory though and for not throwing this fight. 5/10

So I guess if we use averages....6/10 for tonight.

-2 points for the 15 minutes before the final fight for those national anthems....WTF Bellator. Other than that, their production is way better than the UFC. The fighter walkouts was fantastic and bringing in Goldy and Ranello was a great choice.

Was quoting myself to point out that I enjoyed it more as he was trying to contradict and tell me what I enjoyed more...

Then you should have multi-quoted
Look at the screencap lol

I feel like the bellator as a fighter would be Krylov, goofy, random shit always happening, but usually finds a way to win.

To rate this PPV I give it a 7/10 which would have been better had Chandler not got hurt. Overall it was pretty good, but had some weirdness as is the usual with Bellator

Not offensive when true. You post on Sherdog forums but only watch MMA once every 2 months.
Correction, I post on Sherdog but watch MMA every 4-5 months when there's a RIZIN card on.

The UFC bores the heck out of me.

Correction, I post on Sherdog but watch MMA every 4-5 months when there's a RIZIN card on.

The UFC bores the heck out of me.
So you like the freak show stuff.....ever here of wwe? That sounds up your alley. The general audience should be about your intellectual level as well.

I rated it low because really, where do you go from here with any of the fighters? Yeah you have your LW rematch....but what else? Those fights PPV fights were the shits.
You watched.

I'll take it over Steven Thompson vsTyron Woodley 2 any day of the week.

Weird but fun out of 10

Back