Rate My Technique (VIDEO THREAD)

Bdolf

White Belt
@White
Reaction score

Mostly jabs, some hooks and a sloopy wheel kick attempt at the end. 1 minute video.

---

PantsOn Crew

Mostly jabs, some hooks and a sloopy wheel kick attempt at the end. 1 minute video.

---

PantsOn Crew

You're flaring your elbow like a madman with those jabs. I see them coming a mile away. Try to keep your elbow down. There was no balance with your spinning hook kick either. If you didn't hit the bag you would have fallen over. Practice throwing it in the air for balance. Another tip for the kick is to turn your head all the way around so you can aim your kick and see intercepting strikes coming, before you release it. I don't mean to be discouraging, just giving you the harsh reality so you can improve in the quickest way possible. Do you spar?

Perfect, thanks for the feedback.

I have sparred. It's always an issue of cardio, because i have kept everyone covered up with flurries.

I will try throwing the kick by itself ans seeing what to do about my elbows.

I have sparred. It's always an issue of cardio, because i have kept everyone covered up with flurries.

Ah cardio in sparring, alot of it is controlling the pace of your breathing. I used to hold my breath and that really screwed me over.

It's a fight ender for me,I'll puke on my opponent. I have more videos, but either I missed getting my footwork or they're later, sloppy rounds.

---
Sig.

Tricky to rate. Your jabbing looks unorthodox but your hand dexterity is not bad, hooks are pretty good. Do you train in any gym? Why these wheelkicks? It's a low procentage technique my man.

Do you train kickboxing?

spacetime- thanks for the feedback. I train JKD/mma, last out of EFL Martial Arts in Athens, Greece. Those guys are BJJ monsters, but the kickboxing coach was impressed with a wheel kick I threw for him. The heel is smaller than a fist, obviously, but if you could see the heavy bag, there's like a deep, exaggerated dent in it. Definitely a bone-breaker. To the chin, low percentage, but it is no joke a rib breaker.

I'm probably throwing these all wrong, but here is one that connected ok:

Last edited:

Hands up! They're hovering about chest level. Looks like your only thinking about hitting, but not getting hit. You should practice throwing your jabs and cross's next to a wall so that if you flare your elbows out they bang the wall. I think I saw you turn your head before the spinning hook kick, nice.
Applause+for+the+guy+keeping+his+shit+together+on+the+_35f487e6413f41b7a662f1558516224f.jpg

---

PantsOn Crew

you punch like someone who trains in an mma gym. Join a proper boxing or muay thai gym and try again.

you punch like someone who trains in an mma gym. Join a proper boxing or muay thai gym and try again.
alot of guys whot rain at a mma gym have good basics but dont have footwork or fundamentals usually just a decent jab and right hand

Hands up! They're hovering about chest level. Looks like your only thinking about hitting, but not getting hit. You should practice throwing your jabs and cross's next to a wall so that if you flare your elbows out they bang the wall. I think I saw you turn your head before the spinning hook kick, nice.
View attachment 387171

Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep posting.

Elbows is an easy fix- turn the punch over later.

I'd like to see you sit down in your punches more. More action with the hips and turning the rear foot to settle in to your punches. Your rear-round is probably your best kick right now. Your low kicks are pretty lazy and sarcastic - you're coming at them from a tall stance. Think about a pendulum action with the shin when throwing the low kick and stepping out with the lead foot.

Just keep practicing. Reps and reps and reps and reps. Some day you'll look back at these videos and see how you far you've come - like a little time capsule.

spacetime- thanks for the feedback. I train JKD/mma, last out of EFL Martial Arts in Athens, Greece. Those guys are BJJ monsters, but the kickboxing coach was impressed with a wheel kick I threw for him. The heel is smaller than a fist, obviously, but if you could see the heavy bag, there's like a deep, exaggerated dent in it. Definitely a bone-breaker. To the chin, low percentage, but it is no joke a rib breaker.

I'm probably throwing these all wrong, but here is one that connected ok:

I'm a striking coach, so I'll try to do my best to explain over text what you can do to improve it.

What you want to do is adjust your stance so that your elbow is pointing to the floor and keep it pointing down until your fist turns over.

You're doing this kind of snapping thing where you're almost backhanding it. You're right straight you do the exact same thing but on the other side, and you pull your lead shoulder back when you throw the rear hand.

Find a boxing gym though, because you have a lot of fundamental issues that if you don't get sorted out will cement themselves and stop you from being able to develop as a striker.

I have an article on how to do kicking technique here: https://www.dieselgym.co.uk/the-importance-of-fighting-like-a-chicken-how-to-kick-diesel-breakdown/

As for your spinning techniques you're thinking of it as a SPIN rather than a controlled turn. You turn, you look at your target, then you bring your knee up high, then deliver the kick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back