Locked Rate and Discuss the Last Movie You Saw v.15

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Little Stranger -

From the director of the oscar winning movie Room. So it should be good, right? Well it can't decide if its a meandering character drama, or thriller. So it goes back and forth, pissing you off, and making no choice. It makes no bold decisions and should have been edited down to a short film. It's fucking long. Farts 5.5/10

Papillon -

Charlie Hunnam's best work to date. His greatest American accent too, even though he was playing a Frenchman. Riveting story and up there in my all time favorite prison movies. It's also true. 8.5/10

Last edited by a moderator:
Papillon -

Charlie Hunnam's best work to date. His greatest American accent too, even though he was playing a Frenchman. Riveting story and up there in my all time favorite prison movies too. It's also all a true story. 8.5/10

Nice, didn't even know this was out.

Why didn't you tell me, you mother fucker?

Operation Finale - Oscar Isaac was what you expect out of him, Ben Kingsley did his thing, and Nick Kroll is becoming quite the actor. I'd fuck all three of em. 7/10

Blood Fest. This is a fun movie for anyone that is a fan of horror.

The Nun -

Pros:
1. The sound in the theater was great. It was 11.1 surround but I heard so many more points.
2. Bathrooms were close to the entrance of the theater.
3. I went to the earlier screening so it wasn't a big crowd.
4. I got a 5 dollar gift card from amc for buying snacks.
5. There were entertaining visuals in the 3rd act from a fly crawling on the lens of the projector.

Cons:
1. The girl who sat next to me had bad breath and it wafted over many times.
2. Right as the movie started I opened my Reese's Pieces too hard and they spilled on my lap.
3. It had a lot of jump scares that were loud and it interrupted my thoughts about my day.
4. The Reese's Pieces melted under my right thigh and stained my new pants.
5. There was a woman in the movie that always wore a black robe with white lining around her head, and no one wanted to talk to her. What was her deal?
6. It was based in the Conjuring world.
7. The fly left before the movie finished.

Because of the Pros: 3/10

Last edited by a moderator:
Den of Thieves - pretty great surprisingly. I had zero expectations, a friend just said if I liked HEAT I'd like this...it was no HEAT. but it was still an entertaining heist flick! 8/10!

USS Indianapolis (Nic Cage) - I legitimately couldn't believe how bad this was. Watching it...it felt like I had been pranked or something.
edit: no score because I turned it off simply because it was just so. so so bad.

The Strangers: Prey at Night 1/10

- MODERATE SPOILERS AHEAD

wow, this movie was pure ass. it was so bad it actually made me angry. what makes me more angry is that this got mixed reviews. how anyone could think this movie was ok is beyond me.

i get that in horror movies some things will not be realistic, but this took things too far. not a single thing in this movie was based on anything you would see in real life. right from the first scene. middle of the night, a knock on the door and the MAN OF THE HOUSE stays asleep while his wife answers? she is killed so quietly that the man AND THE DOG dont even get up? killer lays in the bed and THE FUCKING DOG PAYS NO ATTENTION??!!!!

the killers seem to know every single place the victims are going to go before they go there in a MASSIVE TRAILER PARK??!!! Here, let me hide in this tube because i am sure when she is running, that is where she will hide.

fucking killers dont make a sound when they are hurt or being killed? killer or not, you are gonna make noises when shot, stabbed or fucking burned to death. When you get burned like that, you might scream a little. just a guess

here, let me put this shot gun down because no chance i might need that.

hey officer, we are here in the wide open, but why cant either of us see the creepy killer walking up on us?? Dale from the Walking Dead is is going like WTF??!! fuck this movie. i am pissed i wasted 80 minutes of my life. and finally, the only fucking thing in the movie worth watching, chrisina hendricks, lets.......fuck it, i wont say any more because i wouldnt want to spoil this for anyone stupid enough to watch it

You know you have a movie addiction when you go see The Nun and Peppermint in the same weekend.

Peppermint - fuck you, the guy who came up with the idea of Taken. You inspired this horse shit B-movie. And fuck me for seeing it for the hell of it. 3/10 for the violence

O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)

O_brother_where_art_thou_ver1.jpg

While this movie did have some good performances, I found the plot completely pointless.

4/10 - "D"

O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)

O_brother_where_art_thou_ver1.jpg

While this movie did have some good performances, I found the plot completely pointless.

4/10 - "D"
Side note about this movie. It was the first digitally shot feature film distributed in America. Not one frame shot on film.

We're The Millers (2013)

We%27re_the_Millers_poster.jpg

It wasn't a terrible film, but I was expecting a little more from it. There is only one time it made me laugh out loud and a few other moderately funny scenes, the rest of it was "meh."

5/10 - "C"

Justice League
3/10

Finally got around to watching it and it was rubbish. Stick to the DC cartoon movies, they crap all per the real life stuff.

American Psycho. Still one of the best horror films out there. Like most folks I always wondered if the murders were all just in Bateman's imagination, but the director said he does kill everyone. She said she's not happy with how she did the ending. She thought she didn't make it clear enough that he did actually kill everyone.

American Psycho. Still one of the best horror films out there. Like most folks I always wondered if the murders were all just in Bateman's imagination, but the director said he does kill everyone. She said she's not happy with how she did the ending. She thought she didn't make it clear enough that he did actually kill everyone.
Not clear enough?
The director did the opposite of communicate that the main character killed everyone. You are completely left believing everything was in the main character's mind, which I actually found to be really interesting and more believable considering so much of what he did was in public. The fact that she is admitting she did this by accident makes her look like a complete idiot.

On a side note, I had no idea a woman had ever directed any Hollywood film before (let alone this one).

Last edited:

Interesting that she said that, cause my assumption- and I never read the book but from what fans of the book have told me- is that the book makes it pretty ambiguous and plays up that notion that it could be all in his head. So if she intended to send the message that it definitely was happening, she was deviating from the source material I believe.

It is an entertaining film for sure. Vintage Bale performance and it is really dark sense of humor in the satire.

In the commentary she suggests that this was a horror and a comedy, and that this didnt happen. Especially since it didn't happen for Bateman in the book and the movie. How could the director confuse that? Thats the whole point of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back