Locked Rate and Discuss the Last Movie You Saw v.15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there lots of lesbian sex?

No, not at all. There's one pretty hot scene with no nudity. I love both these women.

rachel%2B2.gif

mshckd.gif

Guess you waiting for The Favourite later this year?

From the director of The Lobster?

That's going to be a hard pass.

The Lobster is one of the worst films I have ever seen. Pure, unadulterated art-house nonsense.

Time Trap - 2/6. Mildly interesting plot with a very obvious and not terribly creative premise. Extremely poor execution however, with horrendous dialogue and acting.

From the director of The Lobster?

That's going to be a hard pass.

The Lobster is one of the worst films I have ever seen. Pure, unadulterated art-house nonsense.
i kinda liked the lobster. it was super weird and definitely had 'art house' bullshit in it, but had some funny moments. the fact that it wasnt too serious made the art house stuff more tolerable for me.

Deadpool 5/10 - Controversial score I know but I hated it. I'm all for crude humor but it just felt like it was trying to be funny rather than actually being genuinely funny. It just came across as obnoxious. I'm shocked (or maybe not) that so many people loved this movie. Colossus was well portrayed and I'm always down for Gina but other than that, it felt like I was watching an Adam Sandler movie.

Annihilation 7/10 - A bit slow and not for everyone but these are my kind of sci-fi movies. Despite the cast being all women, they never hit you over the head with it like most movies do these days and they weren't all badasses. The last 30 minutes is probably some of the best sci-fi I've seen since the director's last movie, Ex-Machina. Not a masterpiece but a very well done modern sci-fi movie that takes chances, has some philosophical questions and doesn't dumb it down for the dummies in the audience.

The Transformers: The Movie
7/10. So my almost 5 year old has been digging through my old toys (we recently moved), and unearthed some ancient Transformers that I had. I also had this gem of a movie on DVD, and we've watched it like 15 times over the past month and a half. Let's just say, it's better than the live-action movies. And surprisingly, for a cartoon movie, there's some cursing which he hasn't picked up on. Not bad for a 30+ year old movie.

Just picked this up on Blu-ray and will be watching it soon. Loved it as a kid and haven't seen it since. I've been rocking the soundtrack for years though.

i kinda liked the lobster. it was super weird and definitely had 'art house' bullshit in it, but had some funny moments. the fact that it wasnt too serious made the art house stuff more tolerable for me.

Really not my kind of humour. It was WAY too out there, and the acting felt stiff and forced to me.

Just picked this up on Blu-ray and will be watching it soon. Loved it as a kid and haven't seen it since. I've been rocking the soundtrack for years though.
I own it on blue ray as well. It was the best cartoon film for boys ever made. I use to watch it with my nephews when they were growing up, and they loved it too. It's playing again in select theaters on September 27th.

Last edited:
Alpha - A real surprise. It's a coming of age movie from the beginning of time, and the survival of two rivals. Well acted, very simple story, and shot beautifully. It showcases man's love for dogs. 8.5/10

I had to hold back a hearty laugh when the dog gave birth. The scene was shot as if the kid and the dog were husband and wife. Like he fucked the dog. It was really out of nowhere.

Ghostbusters (2016)

Ghostbusters_2016_film_poster.png

I finally decided to watch this movie since I could watch it for free on FX. These ladies didn't come close to approaching the chemistry of the original Ghostbusters cast, but even if you replaced this cast with the original cast, even Bill Murray, Dan Aykoyd, and Harold Ramis could not have saved this script. The comedy was often pretty weak, and the special effects were cartoonish. The movie also never seemed to end.

3/10 - "D-"

Last edited:
ALPHA

Directed by one half the Hughes Brothers illustrating the dawn of canine domestication (probably not) ALPHA answers the age-old question: "Did you want to see Emily Ratajkowski at the dawn of canine domestication (probably not)?"

39453401_1867393113296347_2606899484856156160_o.jpg

No would be the answer.

The Green Mile (1999)

The_Green_Mile_%28movie_poster%29.jpg

I had never gotten around to watching this film before. I felt like it started off pretty slow, but the story was really deep and meaningful, and the performances were really good.

8/10 - "B+"

ALPHA

Directed by one half the Hughes Brothers illustrating the dawn of canine domestication (probably not) ALPHA answers the age-old question: "Did you want to see Emily Ratajkowski at the dawn of canine domestication (probably not)?"

39453401_1867393113296347_2606899484856156160_o.jpg

No would be the answer.
Was it me, or did it seem like he fucked the dog at the end? The whole thing was shot as if his children were being born.

Alpha. 7.5/10

Good movie. More family oriented IMO. Good action scenes.

Really not my kind of humour. It was WAY too out there, and the acting felt stiff and forced to me.

The dialog being stiff is deliberate though and part of the humour, basically a world were people are trapped making only obvious and banal comments but show from the rest of the performance there's more depth to them.

Its probably the most english film ever made though even though it was made by a greek so I can see the humour not working for everyone.

Last edited:
Upgrade - 9/10

The best sci-fi film i've seen in a while, it was funny with good performances and very creative action sequences. I can't believe it only cost 5 million to make. It looked great. I loved the ending as well.

Slender Man (2018) - 1/10

It’s been a long time since I saw a movie where I literally couldn’t find one thing I liked about it, but this shit show was just so unbearably bad that I hardly made it through the whole thing. Dull uninteresting characters, a clunky all over the place pace, and c level digital effects. Found it hard to believe this is a wide release movie.

Y u do dis?

Get Hard (2015)

Get_Hard_film_poster.png

I am normally a fan of both Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart, and there were a few moments in this movie that made me laugh, but this is easily the worst film in which Will Ferrell was the lead. It was often painful to watch.

5/10 - "C-"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back