Locked Rate and Discuss the Last Movie You Saw v.15

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last week I saw:

The Post 7/10

Intense and a true story about how the Washington post stood up against the president when the press was being challenged on their rights on what to post. I don't think anyone really stood out except for Streep. You really felt for her because she was a woman of high power but not taken seriously. Still no break out performances even though Bob Odenkirk and David Cross reunite as partners.

Molly's Game 7.5/10

Aaron Sorken can direct. Jessica Chastain shined. Though the story was everywhere, her and Idris Elba had great chemistry and it was one of the shining parts of the movie. Also, Kevin Costner actually acted again. He was great and didn't just work for the money.

Phantom Thread 9.5/10

Reviewed that the other day.

Seeing The Shape of Water today...

True Grit - 8/10.

A moving yet simple film. A straightforward plot with nothing over the top and well paced. I like the simplicity as they don't need explain every little detail to the viewer.

The best part though is the soundtrack.

Give it a listen, brilliant stuff.

Den of Thieves (2018) - 6/10

Nothing particularly special or great about this movie, but ti was entertaining and a decent way to kill 2 hours.

Strays (1991) - 3/10

Somehow I ended up watching a made for tv horror movie about a bunch of killer stray cats, it was really tame and lame, but I mean it's the best movie about killer cats that I have seen so far.

Thor Ragnahrok - 7.3

It was decent. Not a huge fan of the humour but there was some good action.

Shot caller - 7.2

Pretty good movie with kingslayer and punisher. Shows how one mistake can drastically change your life

Song to Song: the usual mesmerising cinematography from Malick centering around a sadist love triangle. I enjoyed the first 2 hrs but it went on and on with little more to say. 6/10.

The Shape of Water - 4.5/10 - Extremely meh. What the hell was all the hype about?

Bright

7 (maybe 7.5)/10
Was never a huge Will Smith fan, but I found it enjoyable. End of watch meets LOTR. Glad they're making a sequel.

But I'm a retired D&D nerd, so I'm biased.

Sabotage (2014)

Sabotage_%282014_film_poster%29.jpg

This film had a really good cast, and some decent performances, but it wasn't particularly original and some sequences and events just didn't make much sense to me.

5/10 - "C-"

Atomic blonde, id give it a solid 7. Decent action, good soundtrack, story was aiite

Hostiles (2018) - 8.5/10

fid18110.jpg

A harsh western that punches you in the gut several times throughout, also extremely well made and acted, loved it.

Can't wait to watch Hostiles.

The Post - 5/10. Thought it was OK actually. Bit boring but to be expected.

Roman J Israel - 7/10. Liked it to be honest. For some reason it was lacking something to make it an 8 or 9.

The Shape of Water 6/10

I did not get it. Rather weird. Didn't really care about most of the characters for most of the movie.

I was waiting in line for the bathroom (it had those single unisex bathrooms) and heard this old couple saying shit like "it was beautifully shot" and "it had that ET feeling, of connecting with the monster". Didn't get that.

I Tonya. I didn't know much about Tonya except she'd been an olympic skater who had attacked her rival. I didn't think I'd bother watching it but the reviews swayed me into giving it a shot. Good job too. It's funny as shit. Alison Janney who plays her bitch mother steals the film. She's fuckin hilarious. It's worth watching just to see her being a total cunt and Tonya's idiot bodyguard claiming he's a secret service agent. A solid 8/10.

My girlfriend convinced me to see this and I'm glad she did. Movie was fucking brilliant. Sebastian Stan is underrated in it.

Alien (1979) - 6.5/10

Liked it. Didn't love it. Watched it with too much expectation of greatness.

Stakeland 2. 7/10

Not as enjoyable or creepy as the first one but still a solid movie

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri 8.5/10. Different. Great-acting. Funny. Serious. Interesting. And I went in with no expectations which seems to be very important.

Aliens - 7/10.

Would have been an 8.5 or a 9 if it wasn't for the Wonder Woman impression in the final 30 or so minutes. Too much for me.

Baby Driver

I'll keep this short. The movie was alright up until the last third, where it completely overstays it's welcome.

Nice little crime movie, with some good car chase action, fun characters, and decent enough story, that shits the bed in the final act, as it never really builds up to anything, and just leaves you wanting it to just fucking end already. Seriously, I was enjoying what I thought was it's climax, only for the movie go on...and on...and on. Wouldn't be so bad, if it didn't feel like they just threw the whole thing together at the end, because they just couldn't decide what note to end on, and not knowing when to roll the damn credits.

6.5/10

Scorched Earth
Starring Gina Carano
9679d7fa82ddf17b66ed97084803e62d--gina-carano-post-apocalyptic.jpg

It was amusing. Watch it. I want to talk about it but no spoilers.

I am currently watching Psycho Cop on YouTube.
220px-PsychoCop.jpg

It's becoming unintentionally hilarious. I don't recommend it unless you are bored and high. I'm enjoying it right now. The cop has dick mode activated and turned up to the max with one liners in ever fucking scene he does something.

Aliens - 7/10.

Would have been an 8.5 or a 9 if it wasn't for the Wonder Woman impression in the final 30 or so minutes. Too much for me.
Sigourney before she got her torso enhancements. Great movie though. Two Terminator actors. Somebody wake up Hicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back