Rashad Evans gets real about retiring - "I made peace with it, but I wish this ride never ends."

It was all down hill after the Lil Nog fight.

Shame that he never fought Shogun. Thats the fight that Jones replaced him and the rest is history.

Competitive desire? No. Rashad hasn't shown competitive desire in any of his recent fights. He's shown disinterest, and timidity.

He's doing it for the paycheck. He's not set for life, and he only has so many prime earning years left in him. It's the same with B.J.

When you get to the point in your career that both of them are at, fighting is not fun anymore; if it was ever fun in the first place.

I get what he's saying here.

Shad is well past his prime and needs to hang em up, but that competitive drive inside of him will never die.

The fighting spirit remains FAR after the body can no longer obey it.

But Rashad will always be a legend of the sport. Homie one-punch slept Chuck.

He's a really likeable character, and was a beast of a fighter back in the day.

Homie one punch slept Chuck when Chuck was even more faded than he currently is.

Competitive desire? No. Rashad hasn't shown competitive desire in any of his recent fights. He's shown disinterest, and timidity.

He's doing it for the paycheck. He's not set for life, and he only has so many prime earning years left in him. It's the same with B.J.

When you get to the point in your career that both of them are at, fighting is not fun anymore; if it was ever fun in the first place.

I think he has the desire but he knows he no longer has the ability and he's trying to not end up getting KO'd right and left like Chuck did. He has his media gig to fall back on.

He had to go on a 4 fight losing streak to finally realize he needs to retire?

It's like BJ, he hasn't won a fight in years yet he still continues to fight.

I don't find this strange at all. You're talking about a 40 year old man who has never known anything other than competition since he was in junior high. Athletes need people they can trust to help guide them through the latter part of their career imo.

hB7GwXu.gif
His wrestling back in the day was GSP esque. The way he set up his takedowns with his strikes was so fluid. Awesome fighter in his prime.

Shad was good....bur after awhile he became really tenantive and could never pull the trigger....He still physically has it but mentally appears done.

Mother Nature and Father Time are undefeated.

When you're losing to Dan Kelly you gotta know the end is near. He was once a good fighter. He's not even that old but mileage catches up with you.
Ya man he had alot of serious injuries and I feel like he relied on his athleticism and speed alot in fights.

Fighters that really on speed seem to just fall off a cliff competitively when they age.

It's easy to talk shit on sher dog but can any of us say we came close to a title shot let alone became a world champion? Hell no lol

Gotta respect him for that is nothing else, sher dog lives In an underachievering , hating , trolling world lmao

i never got the rashad hate, he always seemed cool in interviews and in general. not a big trash talker and pretty classy.

sure he grabbed his crotch a few times and showboated but it was never over the top. lots of guys with bigger fanbases have done a lot worse.

The loss to Alvey shouldn't have happened, but it did. That was a fight he was supposed to win and lost, but it happens in this game.

I'll let him slide for Kelly, but Smilin' Sam.. That was sorta when everyone knew that was it

I like Rashad as well. Nice guy, good commentator and analyst, he's not a bad person at all

But, everyone gets old. Rashad peaked years ago, and this is the end of his career. At least he can retire knowing he was a champion at one point.

He'll be cool. The UFC and Fox will probably keep him around he'll still be getting a paycheck. All the best to him.

I don’t dislike him as a person, but I was never a fan of his fighting wise. I don’t deny that at his peak he was a good fighter, but a lot of his performances in the octagon were extremely lackluster.
That Chuck KO will always go down as one of the greatest KO’s in history though.

Shad was a good fighter in my younger days. Shad dont know nothing else but fighting. I hope he finds something besides fighting

Back