Rashad Evans gets real about retiring - "I made peace with it, but I wish this ride never ends."

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
I get what he's saying here.

Shad is well past his prime and needs to hang em up, but that competitive drive inside of him will never die.

The fighting spirit remains FAR after the body can no longer obey it.

But Rashad will always be a legend of the sport. Homie one-punch slept Chuck.

He's a really likeable character, and was a beast of a fighter back in the day.

He had to go on a 4 fight losing streak to finally realize he needs to retire?

It's like BJ, he hasn't won a fight in years yet he still continues to fight.

It feels like he's already retired tbh....

He beat up TUF brawler Forrest Griffin and KO'd Chuck The CTEMan Liddell. That's literally all he's ever done

When you're losing to Dan Kelly you gotta know the end is near. He was once a good fighter. He's not even that old but mileage catches up with you.

Man, Rashad was always a fav of mine. Really pushed me into following the sport and had some great beefs, great wins, etc.

Wish he would've hung em uo after losing to Tex and that journeyman middleweight and now he's so thin I barely recognize him. That string of injuries and those losses. Legends don't always go out on top, but at least he had some good ones. At the end of the day, he can look back and smile at his contributions and say he was happy, unlike a lot of men.

Next please, please Anderson just let it go.

Jardine would have KO'd Rashad but Rashad used the we train together excuse

Open a restaurant or something. Thats competitive since like 90% fail unless you do a turn key like Subway or something. Rashads Ribs. ;) Anyway point is "competition" doesnt stop after fighting.

Was damn good for his era and I’ll always remember the Chuck ko...
r4d4jblrhjyz.gif

War Rashad. Those are the words of a man who really loves what he does for a living. We should all hope to be so lucky.

War Rashad. Those are the words of a man who really loves what he does for a living. We should all hope to be so lucky.
True but all the things he mentioned, he can continue to do by becoming a trainer after retirement.

war randleman is ruining arm's nice rashad thread. bad

Back