rashad evans discusses the 52 blocks system

You cannot convince a narcissist that they are mistaken. Ever seen Dogma? How they stated that undoing the will of God would undo reality. Well that's how narcissistic people view their opinion. This guy has already made up his alternate reality where I, a credible trainer in a credible gym, with a solid reputation and much evidence to back that, somehow know less and am less intelligent than some Internet troll who has yet to reveal their identity or fighting prowess.

That should give you an inclination of the level of mental illness narcissistic people can suffer from. This guy rivals Charlie Zelenoff when it comes to warped clouded perspectives. The only difference between the two is that Charlie actually has the balls to show up at gyms and try this shit in person.

Charlie Z. > this guy

Funny you say that you cannot convince a narcissist they are mistaken, when it infact applies to yourself

Why are you turning this thread into being about you, it's about burley nothing to do with you as a trainer or your gym or your guys

Why don't you address the points I'm making then instead of talking shit

Address the points I raised in the post where I posted the video of burley and his student

Like i said before. Lyte burly or whatever his name is stuff looks all fancy and slick in demo. But if you saw the fight from a few years back with Bagua guy that is hard to find now its just goes right out the window. Funny enough they both ended up just clinching up and showing terrible wrestling. Burly just showed less terrible wrestling and won.

Everything I've seen from 52 just looks like slap boxing mixed with wing chun, And i think anyone with a sound skeptical mind can tell someone just mixed the two and add some fantastical origin to draw in people. Quite frankly its baffling people are so quick to buy it when its origins should raise as much eyebrows as the alleged origins of modern day Ninjitsu or the Egyptian bear fighting system.

I would think it would be better just to study the two arts noted separately from more acclaimed instructors and skip all the fluff

Like i said before. Lyte burly or whatever his name is stuff looks all fancy and slick in demo. But if you saw the fight from a few years back with Bagua guy that is hard to find now its just goes right out the window. Funny enough they both ended up just clinching up and showing terrible wrestling. Burly just showed less terrible wrestling and won.

Everything I've seen from 52 just looks like slap boxing mixed with wing chun, And i think anyone with a sound skeptical mind can tell someone just mixed the two and add some fantastical origin to draw in people. Quite frankly its baffling people are so quick to buy it when its origins should raise as much eyebrows as the alleged origins of modern day Ninjitsu or the Egyptian bear fighting system.

I would think it would be better just to study the two arts noted separately from more acclaimed instructors and skip all the fluff
His skills were respected enough to have him over to the gym though. Lyte looked good to me in his sparring with one of the pros at Tocco's.

Last edited:
The fuck is this? Looks like some ghetto bums trying to do some street wing chung lol!

hahahaha, this lyte guy even has some top notch fire tracks on youtube!

52 Blocks is legit boxing with some ghetto streetfighting tricks thrown in to throw people off. Why wouldn't that work? If you mix boxing with anything it still works because of the boxing.

Who cares if it looks odd to this or that random internet person?If GGG started supplementing his workouts with tai chi/yoga would he suddenly be a fraud?

Some of you guys are gettin high on your own fumes, probably while imagining a massive internet crowd cheering for you but it just makes you look insecure.

This is a notable and less juvenile point then has been earlier contested. However, I'm not sure pure skepticism leads down the path you indicate. By this rationale any designed "style" that is a refinement or distillation of any other style is going to fall into this umbrella. From the mythic origins of Jeet Kune Do (Tell Bruce Lee's story 30 years from now and some kid will call you an idiot), to a number of weird looking Boxing styles invented by guys like Cus D'Amato and Brendan Ingle. Refinement is done to remove fluff, not add it. That was Bruce Lee's entire point of JKD.

The route your suggesting actually runs more risk of coming across the fluff itself. Rather than possibly exploring notions of people who may have actually had to defend themselves in situations that guarantee confrontation.

Just a thought.

Notice how when i ask sinister to stop talking trash and instead respond to the legitimate points i brought up in the post where i included a video, he chooses to ignore it

He willl use the guise of he is ignoring me because im being childish which is convenient as he happily responded to all the other posts

By this rationale any designed "style" that is a refinement or distillation of any other style is going to fall into this umbrella. From the mythic origins of Jeet Kune Do (Tell Bruce Lee's story 30 years from now and some kid will call you an idiot), to a number of weird looking Boxing styles invented by guys like Cus D'Amato and Brendan Ingle. .

Eh but still the story of Bruce inventing his own style because of the short comings he perceived in the art he started with is no where near as far fetched as a secret system practiced among slaves that was passed down and made its way into the penal system and remained unheard of by the general population until a book came out in the late 90s claiming its existence. Lee was just a guy who felt something was flawed and he could tinker with something to make it better.That's generally the sensible origin story for how most combat systems were made

Just as the problem with Cus D'amato and Ingle comparison is both of their systems have been showing to work at the highest level of their sport where as the 52 system has yet to show such a thing.

Besides the problem with the origin claims that signal the usual red flags the other problem i have with 52 is the same problem I see with most traditional Asian martial arts.

1. The evidence of it working is largely reduced to very light sparring clips where they are matched up against their own style and play by their systems own rules. When you find a rare instance of them sparring/fighting hard like TMA it often crumbles into very sloppy brawling that looks like it in no way adds any particular benefit to ring fighting or street defense

2. The 52 guys like the TMA guys like to latch on to high level fighters who don't even have any association with their system to show proof of their system in action. I remember when Machida first broke through and became big you would see Wing Chun guys or Tai Chi guys trying to claim how if you looked closely you can see how Lyoto is demonstrating this punch or this foot work or this principle of their system perfectly . When the reality off the matter is the guy was just doing a text book staple from his own unrelated system

Likewise a boxer cant seemingly move his hands around with feints for even the briefest moment with out the 52 crowd claiming pointing to that as their system in action. Now Jack Johnson or Sweet Pea all the sudden represent the art in its finest. Hell some of the 52 crowd have even claimed the peekaboo was theirs.

Now the likelihood is a group of very savvy capitalists saw a money making opportunity when Douglas Centurys book came out in the late 90s with its vague stories that alluded to this 52 system existing they then attached themselves to this and added a dash of Afrocentrism in and marketed it to a demographic who are fascinated by urban culture and voila you have the 52 as we know it.

Also on a side note as someone who grew up in an urban environment I always found it amusing outsiders were quick to gobble the 52 up. Quite frankly hood people are the biggest bullshitters known to man. Theres so many tall tales through out the community so when you hear a story about some guy who knew another guy who was locked up in the joint and he showed him this stuff that only a select few new to keep themselves safe it comes off like more of the same ol stuff you hear from guys on the corner.

Last edited:
ah i actually found the 52 vs bagua match between Burly and Moashan i thought it was gone for good!

Interesting discussion. It'd be great to hear SInister address some of the points made, as he's appeared in videos with this guy and seems to be coming to his defense.

I think boxers training in wing chun and kung fu and whatever else is great. There will be carryover.

But this guy's attempt to put it into a 'system' seems to have failed. He doesn't look good. Legit boxing can be applied anywhere but I'm not sure this guy has reached that level

Is this a Anderson Silva/Steven Seagal situation lol

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Viacom International Inc..

ah i actually found the 52 vs bagua match between Burly and Moashan i thought it was gone for good!

Actually Lyte Burly has the Bagua background too, and it looks like he used. You can see him trying to get his hand over the other guys head.

Apples and oranges.

Over the years I've come to the conclusion it is absolutely impossible to compare 2 systems of fighting. I don't even try anymore. There are only three factors that determine match outcome between two fighters:

1. What rules the match is fought under. The style which rules most closely match the match rules has a great advantage.
2. The genius of fighters to fight matters a billion times more than any style.
3. The extent to which each fighter has specifically trained to counter/nullify his opponent's techniques.

Disagree. Style is very important. Which is why grapplers will most likely defeat non-grapplers the majority of the time provided it's a 1 vs 1 hand to hand fight, everything strike/throw/submission allowed.

Also the same reason why we'll never see Aikido guys EVER be successful in MMA or Kickboxing. Nor Tai Chi.

Basically the more videos of his you watch, the more apparent it is that he is a bullshit artist

A novice boxer at best who has learned a few fancy blocks and is trying to turn it into some secret shit with a cult following

Who would have guessed Sinister would be one of the dopes who fell for it lol

Back